Sign in to follow this  
neX

BioShock 2

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8859/?cc=us

About the Game

Set approximately 10 years after the events of the original BioShock, the halls of Rapture once again echo with sins of the past. Along the Atlantic coastline, a monster has been snatching little girls and bringing them back to the undersea city of Rapture. Players step into the boots of the most iconic denizen of Rapture, the Big Daddy, as they travel through the decrepit and beautiful fallen city, chasing an unseen foe in search of answers and their own survival.

Multiplayer in BioShock 2 will provide a rich prequel experience that expands the origins of the BioShock fiction. Set during the fall of Rapture, players assume the role of a Plasmid test subject for Sinclair Solutions, a premier provider of Plasmids and Tonics in the underwater city of Rapture that was first explored in the original BioShock. Players will need to use all the elements of the BioShock toolset to survive, as the full depth of the BioShock experience is refined and transformed into a unique multiplayer experience that can only be found in Rapture.

Pre-purchase Offer

Pre-purchase BioShock 2 and receive BioShock free!

Already own BioShock on Steam? Give your extra copy to a friend! Click here for details on giving away your extra copy.

I am looking at getting the four pack if anyone is interested - US prices of course not the heavily inflated AU prices that keep ramming down our throats.

Eek - this prolly should be in Trademart. But my intention was to start a discussion about the game itself!

Yea i see a few people on my steam list on the Bioshock 2 multi player Beta.. Apparently the multiplayer is fun you can set traps with your powers like electrocute a puddle and the next time someone steps in it they get zapped or freeze the ground near a pit or something dangerous if they step on it they slide to their death etc..

I still probably wont get this game too many good titles from now and march and i really disliked Bioshock 1.

You guys are gonna love this!

Securom, Steam and GFWL will all be checking to make sure you own the game, lol.

Fuck that. I'm waiting until it's $5 like the first one.

I'll pass because I don't anything to run it properly anyway.

I have two pc's that can run it (usually I don't even have one that's up to date), but no time to play it.

Back list of games has to be clocked first.

I honestly thought that after the debacle with the first game (where 2k eventually bought out a patch to remove the DRM altogether) that things might have changed.

Anyway, here are the system specs for anyone interested.

Minimum
•Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ 2.4Ghz or better, Intel Pentium 4 530 3.0Ghz Processor or better
•Memory: 2GB
•Graphics: NVIDIA 7800GT 256MB graphics card or better, ATI Radeon X1900 256MB graphics card or better
•Hard Drive: 11GB
•Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0C compliant sound card or onboard sound
•DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
Recommended
•Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Dual Core 2.60Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Dual Core 2.13Ghz
•Memory: 3GB
•Graphics: NVIDIA 8800GT 512MB graphics card or better, ATI Radeon HD4830 512MB graphics card or better
Other Requirements
•Initial installation requires one-time internet connection.
•Ability to save game, earn achievements, receive title updates and online play requires log-in to Games for Windows LIVE.
•Software installations required including Microsoft Visual C++2008 Runtime Libraries, Games for Windows LIVE client, Games for Windows LIVE Client Patch, Sony DADC SecuROM, Microsoft DirectX.

Reqs havent really changed since the first one, you might be able to run it okay with your first rig Jeruselem

Edited by nukejockey

The software installation requirements are a little sketchy - but I guess this where anti-piracy is heading. You most likely have all this stuff installed already for other games maybe just all of them for one game...

Of course the specs wont change that much its a ported game that needs to be able to run on xbox and ps3.

::Edit::

Because i felt it was necessary to clarify that i didn't intend for this post to sound cynical.

It is one of the few plus' of console porting that computers don't need to advance greatly to run the games that are ported. Bad ports however is another issue.

Edited by Bundywow

Of course the specs wont change that much its a ported game that needs to be able to run on xbox and ps3.

::Edit::

Because i felt it was necessary to clarify that i didn't intend for this post to sound cynical.

It is one of the few plus' of console porting that computers don't need to advance greatly to run the games that are ported. Bad ports however is another issue.

Yes, however the graphics have supposedly improved a fair bit compared to the original. I dont think Bioshock really taxed consoles that much.

hmmmm I possibly could be convinced to help out with the 4 pack

let me know if you go ahead with it

They are going ahead with it Seloh there is a thread in trade mart ATM i think they are onto the second set of 4 by now.

bugger :)

thanks Bundy

Though weird one is just looked at steampowered.com and swear it used to say $72 now says $50

I believe one price is the Aus and the other the US. If they are buying the US four pack you will probably save a considerable amount.

Rofl, that's almost half the asking price of what someone would pay if they got the Aus standalone version.

I word of note to anyone who purchases this

I purchased the 4 pack, and recieved my copy, 3 gift copies and _4_ bioshock 1 gift copies

if you want one of those copies for yourself, simply gift it to your email address and then click the link you get in your email.

dunno if thats common knowledge or not, but there you go, just incase you didnt know

Another stab in the back to PC gamers,

Source: http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/2846772

No Dedicated Servers for BioShock 2

Another firm kick to the crotch of devoted PC purists and multiplayer personnel alike came today with the revelation 2K's BioShock 2 would not ship with a dedicated server model - a trend beginning to plague most games to the clear chagrin of core mp players, and those of us with shitty net connections (such is our case here in Australia).

Digital Extremes have been handling multiplayer duties on the game, which is a first as the original was a stand-alone single-player product. It's also a particular area of the game we're not worried to tell you hasn't done much for us up until this point; here furthering our dislike of its addition.

According to an interview (or rough Q&A) up over at fan site The Cult of Rapture, 2K Marin decided there simply wasn't enough time to implement dedicated servers or LAN support stating "There is always a finite amount of time for the development of a game. Bringing Multiplayer to BioShock was a daunting task between the tech (there was no multiplayer support in the codebase from the first game) and the expectations of the community. Either you try to do everything and so nothing feels finished or you focus your efforts to do a smaller number of things really well like an accessible online experience. We chose to spend the time we had creating a solid game foundation and unfortunately that did not include LAN play or dedicated servers."

This situation really is becoming worse and worse; and a mp mode not too many people are excited for is looking to push even more people away.

All I can say is CRAP!

Many publishers and developers seem to be losing their touch.

Edited by Blue Fire

Meh, multiplayer looked shit in it anyway. I get the feeling 2k havent really added anything radical and new to the game (wow, we get to play a big daddy and our new arch nemesis is now a big sister, which is fast, whoopty doo), so decided that multiplayer might draw some more purchases.