Sign in to follow this  
horizon011

Mass Effect 2...

What you guys think about DLC? I might let a few more dlc's come out before i replay just for 1.. I made that mistake with Dragon Age now I have played it through like 5 times...

Lol, I extracted the Afterlife (lower) music from the game files and play it on loop >.<

I love it too. Its from other games. I love the D&B from the other clubs too.

Afterlife is my kind of club. To bad it doesn't exist.

speaking of Afterlife, anyone go pay Forvan a visit in afterlife lower level? I think I nearly woke everyone up in the house from laughter when I saw what you could do to him.

Edited by nesquick

speaking of Afterlife, anyone go pay Forvan a visit in afterlife lower level? I think I nearly woke everyone up in the house from laughter when I saw what you could do to him.

Yes sir I did.

Yes sir I did.

It was indeed hilarious.

Yet no where near as hilarious as what you can do to that journalist bitch in the citadel. I think I almost died from lack of breath with that one.

yea I punched her good lol.

edit: new DLC comes out this week apparently, 5 new missions and the hover tank and its free :D

<3 bioware.

Edited by nesquick

yea i lov ehow its free, hey came accross this crawling the tubes....

its Mass Effect 2 if it was an episode of CSI miami

lol I like!

Also does anyone not feel comfortable watching these ME2 clips? I keep thinking "But that's not Shepard..." cos they're not MY Shepard...

>_>

Well, there's my no one left behind insanity run done with everything set out how I wanted it besides the whole game deciding I needed to sleep with Ashely even though she annoys the shit out of me. Oh well, I'm sure Miranda will bitch slap her in three...

Besides the Grunt mission I only ran into a few annoying spots here and there where they swarmed you with mobs that spawned right on top of you in one of the Blue Sons missions and the last room of the Reaper IFF mission. Although I did notice a few odd things on this play through. For some reason the grenade launcher doesn't actually do any splash damage unless it specifically hits a mob, you can't just grenade jump your way through all those husks... and for some reason the last mission decided I didn't have the off hand ammo pack equipped even though I reloaded my save and double checked my armoury after the mission. /shrug

The little differences between having a ME1 save and not really leaves me in awe at how many subtle differences they have put into this and complex things will be for them in three. Not having a save gives you the bare bones story but having one done with all those side quests gives you those little things. Even those inconsequential seeming things like letting the scientist live from the cloning center in the first game and then seeing her again in Grunt's mission or who turns up to talk to you on Illum on behalf of the colony or doesn't turn up for the sting operation makes me realise how many choices really did make a difference.

I actually payed attention to what Legion was saying when I ordered him to take over turrets too. Smart arsed bastard making sudo comments...

For some reason EDI taking control of the ship has me a little more worried for three then me keeping the Collector's base. I'm not sure if it's the fact I didn't get a choice in that plot line or me just being paranoid and thinking she deliberately didn't wipe the virus in the IFF in order to take control of the ship...

oh woo there's new stuff for dl including 5 missions with the Mako replacement!

Sweeeeeet

firewalker looks awesome better not have to pay for the other character Kasumi goto (i think she's non cereberus DLC)

firewalker looks awesome better not have to pay for the other character Kasumi goto (i think she's non cereberus DLC)

ok finished the Firewalker missions. Firewalker awesome, can jump high and charge. Also main cannon fires target seeking missiles now so most fights become long range rocket jump fests. My only complaint is for a hovercraft it doesn't hover very well, also banging down on the ground hard whenever it comes down from the air.

Missions are meh, not much real fighting at all.

Just finished the game...finally. Great game! Great story! The illusive man reminds me of The Cancer/Smoking Man from X files, he's great.

I enjoyed all of it, though the scanning planets got tedious pretty quickly and tiresome shortly after. I failed to get the loyalty of Jack and Zaeed. Needed more Paragon score methinks. Otherwise everything worked out ok, i kept the Collectors base...not sure if that was a good idea but the tech will surely be worth it and everyone made it through alive.

I went soldier class, carried forward from ME1. I grabbed the revenent assault rifle on the way through this time. Does anyone know if you can pick up the other weapons on the subsequent playthroughs? I'd love to give the sniper rifle a shot.

Now time for a second playthrough on insanity. Might wait for more DLC to come out though, i've heard of a couple of things in the pipeline but i cbf paying for it, hopefully its free to Cerberus Network people.

the revenant is all but useless on insanity, you will have to start over if you want the other guns to.

the revenant is all but useless on insanity, you will have to start over if you want the other guns to.

So cant swap them out or pick up another? bugger!

Edit: on the second run i mean

Edited by martyr

yep if you like reuse your ME2 person then no they are stuck with whatever you pick, I have tried all 3 and the sniper rifle is probably the best although I never used any of them playing as vanguard.

yep if you like reuse your ME2 person then no they are stuck with whatever you pick, I have tried all 3 and the sniper rifle is probably the best although I never used any of them playing as vanguard.

Cheers man.

Also, did anyone else enjoy the run in with Conrad Verner as much as i did, funniest part of the game :P

Indeed. The part about him opening crates and taking credits that are just lying around to get by is hilarious.

oh snap!

Edited by Oracle X

lol@the bar

Also yeah for my new cocktail dress!

The new Locust SMG is pretty cool too, less rounds but packs more punch.

Kasumi's got 2 new moves: 1) basically a rogue's backstab - go invis and 1 hit kill any hp humanoid mob from behind, then go invis again to return to position. 2) flashbang which is very nasty since the enemies use it too, messes up your screen, knocks you out of cover and takes down your shield. Luckily you got time to run if they toss one.

All in all, not a bad DLC though prob not worth $11AUS