Sign in to follow this  
horizon011

Mass Effect 2...

Frankly RPG has never truly been done in computer gaming. It requires an intelligent DM/GM that can adjust the game from session to session based on the characters and players actions. Computer gaming has never come close to be able to replicating this. The vast options are invariably "bad guy" or "good guy" - and the differences have always been fucking minor in the long run.

im talking about character building..theres lack of stats and lvling up.. its more like customizing weapons and armor..not really the character..

maybe itll grow on me..

Bug 1 : Stay away from tables..serious bugs around tables..other than that game works fine.

Frankly RPG has never truly been done in computer gaming. It requires an intelligent DM/GM that can adjust the game from session to session based on the characters and players actions. Computer gaming has never come close to be able to replicating this. The vast options are invariably "bad guy" or "good guy" - and the differences have always been fucking minor in the long run.

You are 1 step more old school than I am and this actually has been done there was a DM/GM system in the multiplayer version of the White wolf - World of Darkness based game called Vampire Masquerade - Redemption, IMO one of the most Underrated games of the 90's. I never got a chance to feel how comprehensive the system was however I didn't know enough people who were into this sort of thing at the time.

im talking about character building..theres lack of stats and lvling up.. its more like customizing weapons and armor..not really the character..

maybe itll grow on me..

Bug 1 : Stay away from tables..serious bugs around tables..other than that game works fine.

Yea I would say there will be a patch before or at launch had the game gone gold before it leaked onto the 'Torrent network' or is it a pre-release version?

Edited by Bundywow

maybe itll grow on me..

What do you mean? ME1 barely had any character stats, just basic skill points allocation, the bulk of your stats comes from weapons and armor anyway. If ME2 has the same thing then I'm perfectly cool with that.

its retail..

its different than ME1.. u only get to work on 4 abilities and 1 armor(or agility). than thats it..

in Me1 u had the ability to advance each weapon,armor,regeneration,health..couple more

nfi what you're talking about

Got piccie?

nfi what you're talking about

Got piccie?

u saying that its impossible to get a retail proggie from a torrent ? (i didnt get this from torrent either)..

u dont know much about torrents than.. most torrents are backups of the very things u have bought..and theres no difference between them..

D2D is giving PREloads to people now..are they not retail either ?..the copy steam has on its servers waiting to be unlocked..there not retails ?..

i cant seem to get the SS to work :S..tried 2 different proggies..just get black screen..win7 hates me :P

Edited by horizon011

It's taken from a retail disc, but still isn't a legitimate, physical retail copy; is what I think nesquick was getting at.

A (not so) subtle dig at you for downloading the game, I assume - and that the masses who have not, and will not download it, will give their opinions when the retail date comes around.

Probably because "Live" Role playing has more in common with theatre sports than it does a game. Plus when you're dealing with a single player.. well, run a D&D session one of these days with a single player and let me know how fun and interesting that is.

I don't think of computer based RPG's as Role Playing experiences so much as "Interactive Novels".. or maybe "Choose your own adventure".

This doesn't phase me so much. It means I don't have to rely on others to do their part to have an enjoyable experience.

Each to their own of course.

Well aftrer reading a number of previews and reviews it is clear that the overall experience of ME2 will be enhanced if you have a) played the previous game and it is still reasonably fresh in your mind b) import a character that you have previously finished ME1 with.

I have finished the game, but a reformat did away with my saved game and I didnt think 2 much about it at the time. In any event I have been waiting for an excuse/reason to replay ME1 so I am doing that now. Yay. I also mised out on playing the DLC last time.

I couldn't be arsed playing ME1 again >< and i actually had a dvd version not steam and idk i f i can find it... I do hope there is more in the way of DLC for ME2 obviously it is very early days however.

well its good..i had all my hopes on it being a more RPG kinda game..not a Gears Of War..

its growing on me..

When does the Blood Armour from DAO expire for use within ME2? I was intending waiting a while before picking up ME2, as I have about a dozen games still to complete (or even yet begin). Was also secretly hoping to pick up ME2 in one of those awesome x% off sales Steam has >_>

Edit: Just had a quick look at my box, and it says expires April 30, 2010....hmm...wonder if it will go on sale before then...

Edited by atosniper

To get the Blood dragon armour , all you will have to do will be register ME2 on your EA account on the bioware website and it will appear as a DL int he DLC section of the game.

::Edit::

It will have to be the same EA account as DA:O is registered too not a separate one.

Edited by Bundywow

Yeah, but there seems to be an expiry date. On the card I have in my box of DAO (I bought a physical copy), that is specifically for the Blood Dragon armour, there is a code to input for registration and below that is the expiry date, as stated in my post above. I assume the expiry date is the date by which you need to register the code with your copy of ME2 to receive it; if you dont do it by then, then you forfeit that armour.

I could be wrong.

It might be possible to redeem the code to your account, without owning a copy of ME2.

You should look into that after the game comes out.

Well IGN think the game is epic

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>&hl=en&fs=1">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1062898p1.html

They gave it 9.6 and claim pretty much everything that was a bit annoying in the first one has been fixed! might have our first contender for GOTY

Most excellent. I can't wait to play this now, roll on the 29th!

Edited by Bytemarks

This may seem like I'm nit picking but I feel the term RPG has been somewhat hijacked in recent years I'm pretty oldschool but RPG != character building, RPG is more about a Characters role on the story and game world through choice. Stat/attribute system is a good way of providing choice in combat so it fits well within an RPG but you can have an RPG with none to little stat building elements. I know in ME1 the stat building was fairly shallow within the classes but the story RPG elements were relatively strong.

As for ME2 I cant comment till I play, and I will.

But it is good to see real RPG's getting more appeal, though it is disappointing that there are really only a few devs dedicated to making quality RPG's left to carry the genre.

I believe ME1 was only moderate RPG story element.

I think that Baldur's Gate, Fallout (3 is not RPG, that was I R GAWD WITH LASERS PEW PEW PEW ), and possibly IWD ( cause I never played it ) had strong RPG elements. Most oldie RPG games had RPG experience than the games now. Its all about pretty graphics and hand holding maps, back in the old days you had to use grid paper :p.

Current game that I think has a VERY STRONG RPG element right now in development is Gearhead 2. But thats just me there could be more but thats the only visible one I saw.

Oh I forgot, Dragon Age was also pretty strong RPG element too as well I reckon as well, but I'm tired of Fantasy type RPG's there is too many of them.

Arcanum was awesome as well, and even VtM Redemption and Bloodlines deserves a mention (and they were pretty close to their RPG's).

Edited by Zhaker