Sign in to follow this  
horizon011

Mass Effect 2...

You bastard haha.. I hope the game is long enough that you aren't finished by the time I get mine.. I could spend that time rushing through ME1 for a refresher and saved game....

I just checked the ME2 wiki and you should be pleased to know it also lists the US date as the 26th.. So looks like your set..

Edited by Bundywow

au pre loading ment to be 48 hrs before unlock well thats the chatter on the steam forums any way.

at 14 gig it'll take that long to download it on my net connection :( crappy adsl 1

its 2 disc 14 gig..but ive seen people manage to make that into 5 gig for ENGLISH only..

dont forget to do what i mentioned with the CONFIG and the saved games :)

no.. the only thing u keep is the choices u make..u can still change the class and what u look like..

its better running of the saved games because it makes more sense lol i was glad i saved the council :P and kept anderson on the council..

the biggest change about this game is the way u find minerals on planets and fly through all the galaxys..u actually need petrol lol.. and when u find things like safes and documents/locked doors u need to do these memory test instead of the ME1 get to the middle mini game lol

Edited by horizon011

Ok an Important bit of info, if you guys wish to start preloading no matter what region the game is about 11GB and you have to type the following into windows explorer and hit enter, it will bring up the install box for the game regardless of its current state.

steam://install/24980

you won't see it downloading but trust me its downloading.

Ok an Important bit of info, if you guys wish to start preloading no matter what region the game is about 11GB and you have to type the following into windows explorer and hit enter, it will bring up the install box for the game regardless of its current state.

After you finish downloading it, can i buy a steam backup of Mass Effect 2 off you?

I can't really spare the download pain of steam.

the speed ?..

if u dont have enough quota most ISP's count steam servers as free...just search the boards for advice or google..

Err.. won't this cause issues down the road?

If steam doesn't think it's downloading.. but it *is* downloading.. then.. what happens when you go to unlock the thing?

Wonder if it'll screw up the pre-load / unlock process?

the correct files are showing up in the ME2 install directory for me, all it is doing is downloading the game as per usual you just circumvent the North America only pre load that is in place atm.

I did a similar thing yesterday, I copied an actual install of COD MW2 into a folder in steam instead of doing the whole steam backup thing and it worked perfectly.

Steam is surprisingly robust like this.

If any of these tricks don't work straight away, deleting ClientRegistry.blob normally fixes it.

Can I ask preemptively anyone who gets the retail version of the game or lives in a country where you can play it ect to not post anything related to story or spoilers (unless they are in spoiler tags of course) I have been waiting so long for this game and don't want to read such and such does this ect and have it ruined for me (and others).

Can I ask preemptively anyone who gets the retail version of the game or lives in a country where you can play it ect to not post anything related to story or spoilers (unless they are in spoiler tags of course) I have been waiting so long for this game and don't want to read such and such does this ect and have it ruined for me (and others).

lol I just want to know if there will be lesbian action so I know if I should keep my blond bombshell character from ME1! :-P

Also I like to play my RPGs with a walkthrough. Makes things easier cos I hate missing out on interesting items or cool plot scenes. -_-

It was Shepard on the bridge with the candle stick..

Whoops...

Whoops...

I am serious man, same goes for Bioshock 2 no one blow the story wide open or there will be hell to pay.

Whoops...

I am serious man, same goes for Bioshock 2 no one blow the story wide open or there will be hell to pay.

I heard Shepard will be killed in the last mission.

By Soap and Captain Price!

Edited by Oracle X

Haha I'm joking and I also agree with you chances are due to time constraints I wont get a chance to play this game for another week so I will be the last of the lot of you to find out the fate of the universe..

lol the only way to makes sure u dont read a spoiler is dont read any mass effect topics lol

Nevertheless, if anybody wrecks it... well, I'll let Tom Cruise explain:

lol the only way to makes sure u dont read a spoiler is dont read any mass effect topics lol

Nevertheless, if anybody wrecks it... well, I'll let Tom Cruise explain:

Sounds just like Nesquick in MW2.

my pre-loading has officially started!

Thanks to nesquick for the pre-loading work around it was already 53% done when i turned my computer on this morning :)

Thanks for the heads up dude.

Just showed up as "Pre-load Complete" in Steam.

The odd thing is my quota hasn't be thrashed either... which would mean internodes already got a copy on their local servers?

Maybe that's part of the reason for the delay? To give the mirrors time to replicate the game files?

Edited by neowulf