Sign in to follow this  
jiayijames

Crysis 2

Another thread derailed horrendously, makes baby Jesus cry

Don't you know what the forum servers run off?

Look I am sorry if my English is sloppy, I do try to make decent posts when I am being serious.

Sometimes I can't help my problem and if you want me to try to explain then there is really no reason to act like dicks.

Look I am sorry if my English is sloppy, I do try to make decent posts when I am being serious.

Sometimes I can't help my problem and if you want me to try to explain then there is really no reason to act like dicks.

The way your 'problem' affects your posts has been documented and the ways you can improve on the problem have practicably been handwritten by Jesus and delivered by cute little elves that cuss, but so far it has made no difference.

I suggest you search for posts you have made, find the constructive criticism and copy paste it into a document, then every time you go to post have a quick glance at it, take it in and process it, then write your post, and compare the contents of your post to the ideas suggested in your list.

Remember, Quality over Quantity, would you much rather post stuff no one will respect in any which way five times a day, or would you rather post once a day, and have people ponder over it and actually respect your words. (In retrospect I really feel this advice should contain a disclaimer)

Up to you buddy, but as you have already seen happen, if you don't sort your shit and learn how life works, you will get taken to school.

Honestly index, we are not trying to be dicks, but when you have been corrected in several posts and still post this:

"Okay.

Crysis 2 will look just as good on PC than Console.

Lets leave it at that."

For the 5th time or so, there is something up. You need to learn to read our posts and understand that we are not trying to hang shit or be arse holes too you, but that we are genuinely trying to help you here.

The fact that you dont see the difference between "just as good on PC than console" and "Will look better on PC than console" means you have alot to learn.

So I'm going to help you out.

"Just as good on PC than console" is grammatically incorrect. The correct phrase would be "Crysis will look just as good on PC as it does on Console" However, as we have already stated, that is incorrect. To a certain degree, CryEngine 3 on PC will look just as good as console, but then it will pass that point, as the graphic settings are turned up, and it will look better on PC than it ever could on any current Gen consoles.

But if you cant differentiate between people being assholes and people trying to help you in a textual format, then you dont belong on a forum, go join a large vent or teamspeak channel.

Honestly man, I'm not trying to be a dick, but you need to learn to take any criticism on board and learn from it, rather than take it as a personal attack and not realise what the real point of someones post is.

Cheers.

Edited by nukejockey

Honestly index, we are not trying to be dicks, but when you have been corrected in several posts and still post this:

"Okay.

Lets leave it at that."

For the 5th time or so, there is something up. You need to learn to read our posts and understand that we are not trying to hang shit or be arse holes too you, but that we are genuinely trying to help you here.

The fact that you dont see the difference between "just as good on PC than console" and "Will look better on PC than console" means you have alot to learn.

"Just as good on PC than console" is grammatically incorrect. The correct phrase would be "Crysis will look just as good on PC as it does on Console" However, as we have already stated, that is incorrect. To a certain degree, CryEngine 3 on PC will look just as good as console, but then it will pass that point, as the graphic settings are turned up, and it will look better on PC than it ever could on any current Gen consoles.

But if you cant differentiate between people being assholes and people trying to help you in a textual format, then you dont belong on a forum, go join a large vent or teamspeak channel.

Honestly man, I'm not trying to be a dick, but you need to learn to take any criticism on board and learn from it, rather than take it as a personal attack and not realise what the real point of someones post is.

Cheers.

Well maybe it was something I misunderstood and I do that a fair bit, so I am sorry if I did not quite get what you where saying in the previous posts.

tbh I can find it hard as its just text where typing.

Edited by index680i

"Okay.

Lets leave it at that."

Cheers.

Well maybe it was something I misunderstood and I do that a fair bit, so I am sorry if I did not quite get what you where saying.

A suggestion, if I may.

When reading someones posts, take the time to think about what they are saying and read it over several times before replying.

If someone continues to repeat themselves, its obvious you are not understanding the point they are trying to convey, if you still dont get it, ask them to put it in laymans terms.

"Okay.

Lets leave it at that."

Cheers.

Well maybe it was something I misunderstood and I do that a fair bit, so I am sorry if I did not quite get what you where saying.

A suggestion, if I may.

When reading someones posts, take the time to think about what they are saying and read it over several times before replying.

If someone continues to repeat themselves, its obvious you are not understanding the point they are trying to convey, if you still dont get it, ask them to put it in laymans terms.

Fair enough man, sorry to the rest that may have repeated.

It's something you should try improving on as well, communication is a big plus. Conveying things the way you want them to be interpreted is a must have. Just read things through, if you don't quite understand something, don't automatically assume anything about it, this just leads to problems.

I really feel the people at Crytek could do with some new ppl to handle story, game concepts and mechanics etc etc. Pretty textures, lush environments and a decent physics engine really don't make a game. I can't tell you how boring and mindless I have found pretty much every Crytek game, IDK maybe it's just me but every play session I have ends in me, sick of pursuing endless way point following, hopping in a car running people over/ launching off things and cutting trees down with the MG until I get killed and exit the game..

I want to like these titles but I have never experienced such a lush environment that feels so bland and empty..

Edited by Bundywow

Crysis 2 set in SYDNEY!!!

Maybe you can make a mod after the game came out...

Btw, should be better than Ubisoft's "Far Cry" 2.

That was Ubi's biggest mistake with that game, if they had included the dev tools with game I bet all of us would still be playing it today.

That was Ubi's biggest mistake with that game, if they had included the dev tools with game I bet all of us would still be playing it today.

You mean because people would have modded it to make it not so crap? A proper faction system in that game would have rocked. Maybe take out the whole "new weapons getting rusty after 5 minutes use" thing, the fact that everyone wants to shoot you and the lack of a real stealth mechanic, the game might have actually been good. Co-op would have worked well in it too.

Edited by nukejockey

Not to mention the malaria.

Reasonable idea, pissweak implementation.

Far Cry 2 always got a bit of an unfair rap I reckon, probably primarily because of the name value. It had its flaws, sure, but I don't really see it as the flaming pile of excrement some do- it had some great value which sadly got lost in the negatives.

I really wish they did Sydney. How awesome would it be running around darling harbour and jumping onto the harbour bridge then sniping ppl from the top.

Oh and Mantra, I couldnt give a bigger shit about Far Cry 2's name. It was just a really, REALLY, shit game. I mean the atmosphere and art were great but everything else was shit. Even the textures and some graphics parts seemed abit shoddy up close. And not to mention that horrible microstutter.

EDIT: My profile picture was from before it actually came out.

EDIT2: If Crytek did Far Cry 2 with the same art and concept they wouldv of done it 10 times better.

Edited by teffmyster