Sign in to follow this  
jiayijames

Crysis 2

http://twitter.com/TinyManRages/status/7995176786

http://tweetphoto.com/9153787

Crytek looks set to abandon its traditional tropical island setting with its next game. As Shacknews points out, PlayStation: The Official Magazine Editor-in-Chief Gary Steinman has posted the cover of his magazine's March 2010 issue on Twitter. The headline on the cover leaves little to the imagination.

The folks at Shacknews learned from Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitillo earlier this month that Crysis 2, along with several other EA games, will see the light of day some time between April 1, 2010 and March 31, 2011. The game will reportedly be a multi-platform release.

Back in March 2009, Crytek demonstrated a version of its engine capable of scaling down to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The company said the engine was capable of scaling up to "all major upcoming platforms," as well, so perhaps the PC version of Crysis 2 could produce prettier graphics than other cross-platform games.

small narrow locations with less foliage should be easier for consoles to run so i cant say im surprised

they also need to cut down on ram usage with lower quality textures less draw distance and smaller maps to fit that 1g+ ram data and 512m+ gpu data into the consoles tiny memory

So we're getting a console port?

It said that it scales down to consoles, but because it was made with console in mind it probably won't be as pretty as the original.

It won't be a console port; at least not graphic wise. The engine was built for PC and then modified to scale down to consoles. From what I've seen, the new engine looks like CryEngine 2 on medium settings when played on the console, so it won't be anywhere near as impressive as the PC version.

It won't, and can't. Here's a decent comparison:

Its not decent at all.

All that video was displaying is, yes okay its a comparison from the PC on (Very-High and Medium) and the console (Medium) as some have stated and that's only comparing the PC version using CryEngine 2 VS CryEngine 3 on console...

What it fails to compare is the fact that, the PC at times is running Crysis (CryEngine 2) on very-high settings over the console version - medium, using CryEngine 3.

What we are truly trying to look at is the PC version using (CryEngine 3) Crysis 2 on Very-High and Console on medium CryEngine 3 not a, CryEngine 2 'PC' VS CryEngine 3 'console' I think we will have to wait until Crysis 2 comes out before we make a true comparison because if the console is running Crysis 2 on medium settings, then without a doubt Crysis 2 on very-high DX11 will look just as good as the console version..

Edited by index680i

They will probably just use fog to limit view distances and less detailed lighting and textures for console.

PC users should get better graphics than the console version.

Its not decent at all.

All that video was displaying is, yes okay its a comparison from the PC on (Very-High and Medium) and the console (Medium) as some have stated and that's only comparing the PC version using CryEngine 2 VS CryEngine 3 on console...

What it fails to compare is the fact that, the PC at times is running Crysis (CryEngine 2) on very-high settings over the console version - medium, using CryEngine 3.

What we are truly trying to look at is the PC version using (CryEngine 3) Crysis 2 on Very-High and Console on medium CryEngine 3 not a, CryEngine 2 'PC' VS CryEngine 3 'console' I think we will have to wait until Crysis 2 comes out before we make a true comparison because if the console is running Crysis 2 on medium settings, then without a doubt Crysis 2 on very-high DX11 will look just as good as the console version..

Where does it say the console is on 'medium'? You don't get a choice on console, you get what you get.

Re-read what you wrote. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Its not decent at all.

Get back in your box.

Its not decent at all.

Dude, can I have what you're smoking so I can make sense of past, current, and future posts from you?

Edited by phantomreaper

I should also point out that it's DX11 compatible, so you may find that it performs better than CryEngine 2. Go go tessellation!

yep id say advances DX11 brings will feature heavily in this game or should we call it another tech demo, hmm...

I think the added performance DX11 brings will allow them to add more detail without relying solely on beefy hardware.

Hopefully. If stalker Call of pripyat is anything to go by. Been playing the Russian version for the last few days (couldnt resist) and it runs and looks so much better than clear sky. DX11 is truly a great step forward when it comes to performance.

I think the added performance DX11 brings will allow them to add more detail without relying solely on beefy hardware.

Hopefully. If stalker Call of pripyat is anything to go by. Been playing the Russian version for the last few days (couldnt resist) and it runs and looks so much better than clear sky. DX11 is truly a great step forward when it comes to performance.

I'm glad to hear that, on Dirt 2 the frame rate was pretty much halved running DX11 and the difference between DX9 and DX11 is very little, mainly because of the type of game it is ofcourse but yeah.

I'm glad to hear that, on Dirt 2 the frame rate was pretty much halved running DX11 and the difference between DX9 and DX11 is very little, mainly because of the type of game it is ofcourse but yeah.

Yeah, Dirt 2 had a huge difference in framerates, although I still get a constant 60 with 8xaa and max settings. Few little differences, but you rarely see them when flying past at 150km/h.

The difference between dx10 and 11 however, would be more in favour of dx11 going by the call of pripyat bench tool.

Its not decent at all.

Where does it say the console is on 'medium'? You don't get a choice on console, you get what you get.

Re-read what you wrote. It makes no sense whatsoever.

What I mean is, that video is comparing the differences between CE2 and CE3, but how can you compare CE3 when its only showing the tech demo using the Xbox360 and PS3? There is no demo showing what the differences are on PC using CE2 and CE3.

That's what I really mean.

Without a doubt, the difference would be performance and probably a few more things can be added into the game so really, the PC would look and play a 100 times better.