Sign in to follow this  
horizon011

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Pre Order/Beta Steam

Meh for those who dont know Bad Company was designed primarily for the console and for console players with their console attitudes. It is not a 'real' battlefield game. More like 'Battlefield Lite'.

Still waiting for the next 'REAL' Battlefield game. Come on ffs. EA is just trying to wortk out how to charge us all. I wont be surprised if the next battlefield has a subscription service etc etc.

its retail.. only 1 bug so far ive came across in it..chances are high its retail..

i think this game will by looking at the gameplay vids and knowing how much the BF2 community would be looking forward to it..

Fuck of ya pirate. Seriously. I couldnt give a crap about your reviiew based on a game you have illegally pirated. People such as yourself have such a negatve impact on the entire community. If you are going to torrent then ffs keep your mouth shut. And to be honest most of the BF2 community couldnt give a stuff about bad company. The ones that are are doing it out of desperation because they are so over BF2 and despertaley hanging out for BF3.

i think this game has the most promise out of Bio,ME2,AVP

wtf?

based on all the games youve pirated?

Might have to pull out the old [AC-DC] dog tags...

Well when you put it like that . . .

I guess I dont want to be dissapointed.

Meh for those who dont know Bad Company was designed primarily for the console and for console players with their console attitudes. It is not a 'real' battlefield game. More like 'Battlefield Lite'.

Still waiting for the next 'REAL' Battlefield game. Come on ffs. EA is just trying to wortk out how to charge us all. I wont be surprised if the next battlefield has a subscription service etc etc.

I don't know if I agree here.

They changed Bad Company when compared to the others, yes but that's not a bad thing. They increased the pace and made it a fair bit more exciting.

What would they do for another 'proper' battlefeild anyway? It would only be a re-hash of the previous titles, and if you like playing them that much they are still there. In all honesty you can't say the battlefeild games have had a huge variety to them, just different styles. Bad Company was a breath of fresh air.

aliali, you get a chance to send EA an email yet? Any reply?

Dude it's the weekend. Hard enough getting a reply out of EA during the week let alone the weekend.

get off my dick GFK i own more games than most people and i contribute my dollars to games i see fit... unless u own every single game ever released ever u cant say shit..

most people download thats why its HUGE everywhere in every country.. the difference between me and the people who do corrupt the community is that i do purchase games that are worthy not throw money at every single game that just has a pretty name..

And to be honest most of the BF2 community couldnt give a stuff about bad company. The ones that are are doing it out of desperation because they are so over BF2 and despertaley hanging out for BF3.

Quite the opposite from what I've seen.

i agree the BF2 community will be really happy to see this game...a game with DX11 that comes with the same concept of the very loved BF2

aliali, you get a chance to send EA an email yet? Any reply?

Dude it's the weekend. Hard enough getting a reply out of EA during the week let alone the weekend.

Fair enough, lol. Might send an email off to internode and see if they know anything about it.

Just played 2 hours of BF2... I am rusty to say the least but it did not take long to earn that Gold Medal though. Looking at some of the stats for my AC-DC account it looks as though I haven't really played since 2006!!!

Edited by neX

I will definitely pickup this one on PC, this one is better on PC than consoles.

Like many people, really enjoyed BF2 and actually prefer BF to COD games.

And all the trailers so far looked really awesome. : )

Not sure about the new MOH at this stage, will wait and see then decide later in the year.

Which part dont you agree with? Bad Company 1 was developed exclusively for the console only . Bad Company 2 was also developed exclusively for the console initially and a direct port for the PC only announced much later. Indeed many of the statements around the PC port (such as announcing that there will be dedicated servers and full voice party chat support) where made as a direct response to the failings of COD:MW2. Clearly EA is seeking to make a few bucks out of hapless PC gamers. mm, thinks EA, No dedicated support for MW2 means I can use that as a marketing tool which will justify me porting the game to PC. etc etc etc. Indeed it appears that EA expect the BC2 to ne=be a massive cash cow for them, and they plan on releasing a massive amount of DLC (everything from weapons to maps - Just wait for the IMBA calls to start coming in from PC gamers not used to this).

It does not have any where near the depth of gameplay that BF2 has, and is aimed squarely at a young, casual game base. It has adopted some of the things that BF2 pioneered such as customisable load outs tec.Bad Company 2 also comes with a single player campaign that clocks in at around 10 hours. It does not aim to be 'realistic'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield:_Bad_Company

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_Bad_Company_2

Personally I played BC 1 and was bored shitless. I will reserve judgment on this game until it is actually out and real BF2 players can give an honest opinion.

get off my dick GFK i own more games than most people and i contribute my dollars to games i see fit... unless u own every single game ever released ever u cant say shit..

most people download thats why its HUGE everywhere in every country.. the difference between me and the people who do corrupt the community is that i do purchase games that are worthy not throw money at every single game that just has a pretty name..

Most people dont download games illegally. And the difference between you and others on this forum is that we do not carry on about said activities. I and others find it extremely annoying when some young punk comes in and starts spouting off about the latest game he has downloaded illegally that isnt even on the shelves yet. mmmmmm. I know you kinda want to look hip, happening and now (hey this is Atomic and you want to fit in with the rest of the hip, happening and now people) but it comes off as naf.

Oh, and being selective about what you buy, listening to others and reading reviews will help ensure that you do not waste money on games that are shit.

Welcome to atomic :-)

I still play with my bf2 clan [bnG] hopefully BC2 is a nice refresh.

And to be honest most of the BF2 community couldnt give a stuff about bad company. The ones that are are doing it out of desperation because they are so over BF2 and despertaley hanging out for BF3.

Get out more.

its retail.. only 1 bug so far ive came across in it..chances are high its retail..

i think this game will by looking at the gameplay vids and knowing how much the BF2 community would be looking forward to it..

Fuck of ya pirate. Seriously. I couldnt give a crap about your reviiew based on a game you have illegally pirated. People such as yourself have such a negatve impact on the entire community. If you are going to torrent then ffs keep your mouth shut. And to be honest most of the BF2 community couldnt give a stuff about bad company. The ones that are are doing it out of desperation because they are so over BF2 and despertaley hanging out for BF3.

wtf?

@GhostFaceKilla

Seriously, GTFO with your negative attitude towards consoles.

I would pirate a game only if its shit overall and lets face it, most people do because of this reason and do I really blame them? No, its not their fault the game developers made such a shit game.

I personally think what EA are trying to do is create a fairly good online based game, I don't think EA are going to stuff this up and that is just from what I have been reading so far let alone the rest or most of the BF2 community.

*Edit,

Most people don't know of atomic and should not have to read the articles from atomic if they choose to.

Edited by index680i

Get out more.

LoL?

Its only logical for EA to be pushing out games designed primarily for console. The next logical step after that is bringing them to pc and trying to grab a market share any way possible, whether its slagging off your nearest competitor, or giving us the things we've come to expect of PC games. Text chat and steam integration (yes im taking a stab at IW here) :P

consoles suck..every true gamer should stop buying that crap and try make the msg that PC gaming is what we want..

its all the lil kids and lazy peeps that make consoles what they are today..

consoles suck..every true gamer should stop buying that crap and try make the msg that PC gaming is what we want..

Careful that wont go down well :)

Besides, consoles have their place. Its hardly about being a kid or being lazy. I play Consoles and PC, I guess they're both just for different things. Some times its nice to sit on a comfortable couch in front of the television and play a game, rather than sitting at the computer.

no real gaming goes on consoles..consoles are the poor persons gaming..unless your into arcade and low graphic games

spend some money and get the real deal!! PC..

consoles are killing pc gaming..i picked my side..when are people gonna pick theres ? id rather have PC gaming and spend the money on it than have low grade gaming on a console with a control that is very limiting..

Edited by horizon011

Which part dont you agree with? Bad Company 1 was developed exclusively for the console only . Bad Company 2 was also developed exclusively for the console initially and a direct port for the PC only announced much later. Indeed many of the statements around the PC port (such as announcing that there will be dedicated servers and full voice party chat support) where made as a direct response to the failings of COD:MW2. Clearly EA is seeking to make a few bucks out of hapless PC gamers. mm, thinks EA, No dedicated support for MW2 means I can use that as a marketing tool which will justify me porting the game to PC. etc etc etc. Indeed it appears that EA expect the BC2 to ne=be a massive cash cow for them, and they plan on releasing a massive amount of DLC (everything from weapons to maps - Just wait for the IMBA calls to start coming in from PC gamers not used to this).

It does not have any where near the depth of gameplay that BF2 has, and is aimed squarely at a young, casual game base. It has adopted some of the things that BF2 pioneered such as customisable load outs tec.Bad Company 2 also comes with a single player campaign that clocks in at around 10 hours. It does not aim to be 'realistic'.

Personally I played BC 1 and was bored shitless. I will reserve judgment on this game until it is actually out and real BF2 players can give an honest opinion.

Hmm, probably this part.

Saying it's a money maiking scheme and a bad game are 2 different things.

Will it make money? Yes

Will it be fun to play? Again yes.

The game is giving people what they want.

Dedicated servers, ranks and destructable environments.

So far I am seeing no problems.

wtf?

@GhostFaceKilla

Seriously, GTFO with your negative attitude towards consoles.

I would pirate a game only if its shit overall and lets face it, most people do because of this reason and do I really blame them? No, its not their fault the game developers made such a shit game.

I personally think what EA are trying to do is create a fairly good online based game, I don't think EA are going to stuff this up and that is just from what I have been reading so far let alone the rest or most of the BF2 community.

*Edit,

Most people don't know of atomic and should not have to read the articles from atomic if they choose to.

Firstly index this is a pc gaming forum. FPS are far superior on PC over consoles.

Secondly I said nothing negative about consoles. I have a PS2 and a PS3. The reality is that making a FPS for consoles can lead to a dumbed down FPS on PC.

Thirdly why would you pirate a shit game? At least if your going to pirate make it a good one. Thats noob behvaiour imo. Right there. Boo.

Fourthly EA are in the business of making money. Games for EA are all about cost benifit analysis.

Fifth how are you qualified to speak about the BF2 community? All the hardcore bar a few (such as people like aliali) left BF2 long ago. If people like Rezyn8 and aliali think the game is alright I will value their opinion. And maybe dust off my own [AC-DC] dog tags. If a real sequel to BF 2 came out I would be so on it. Maybe BC2 will be worth getting. But the only fanbois I hear carrying on about it like its the second coming are not the hardcore old school BF2 players. We are all quietly watching and reserving judgment.

Sixth still trying to work out why if a developer makes a shit game that justifies you in pirating it?

Seventh having people advocating game piracy on a public forum such as Atomic is not appropriate. IMO.

Hmm, probably this part.

Saying it's a money maiking scheme and a bad game are 2 different things.

Will it make money? Yes

Will it be fun to play? Again yes.

The game is giving people what they want.

Dedicated servers, ranks and destructable environments.

So far I am seeing no problems.

I never said BC2 was a bad game. I found BC 1 boring after having played it. I never said it was a bad game. Having played every Battlefield game to come out It was dissapointing to say the least. I would like to not ne dissapointed by BC2.

Hell even I like to have fun sometimes . . .

Oh no get the fuck out.

Re-generating health.

I know. It works in COD. But its just not 'Battlefield'.

damn stop pirating PC games as well while your killing the PC platform. If we dont buy WM2 for PC they might not make a billion dollars in sales for consoles + the one the pirates bought/stole.

I just hope its got a free beta without the need to preorder. Saves a torrent to see if its worth buying. I was offered a new copy of BF2 recently for $2 and turned it down. I guess I'm not a Battlefield fan anymore OK I was a BF42 : Desert Combat fan for eva on Dial Up.

Still I can never forgive the BF2142 mess of a game.