Sign in to follow this  
horizon011

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Pre Order/Beta Steam

Should be some time late thursday night/early friday morning.

Fuck! Is there a chance for me to still get a beta? I got tomorrow night all the way till Sunday off from work :O

"One of the basic ideas behind [the first] Bad Company, which was a spin-off of Battlefield 2, was that we should do a console game," DICE's Patrick Bach and the game's executive producer tells us. "Therefore you think of how we can make it more accessible, how we can make it easier to use for the normal console gamer. We quite soon realised we were full of bullshit when we said that, because it's the same people; people want that same hardcore Battlefield PC experience but on a console. So what we did for Bad Company 2 is forget [the line] between PC and console and just make the best possible game that doesn't exclude the hardcore and doesn't exclude accessibility."

PMSL.

I hope then this dosent turn into a game that tries to be everything to everyone and ends up failing at it all.

At the end of the day though the statement is bullshit. BC2 was begun as a console game. It was designed as a console game. Every aspect of BC2 was created with the console in mind. They may have borrowed aspects of PC games to incorpoarte (such as certain 'features') and so forth but to even intimate that somehow BC2 was not produced with a console as its primary basis is an out right lie.

The PC version of Bad Company 2 is being done by a different team, so while the initial thought of the game may have been aimed primarily at consoles, the PC version (once again called the definitive edition, I hate that term when it comes to console vs PC versions of games) isnt just being ported.

I hope that's true, nuke.

I also hope the PC version has lean keys (take that, MW2!). :P

I know BC didn't have prone, but does BC2? It'd fuckin' wanna!

I hope that's true, nuke.

I also hope the PC version has lean keys (take that, MW2!). :P

I know BC didn't have prone, but does BC2? It'd fuckin' wanna!

It is afaik. I read it in an interview (i think I linked it earlier in the thread)

Recent one too.

Guess we wont know til we can start downloading it.

But going by the fact that Internode and Gamearena are both trusted partners to EA and DICE (according to the blog anyway) then chances are pretty high.

http://badcompany2.ea.com/#/game-info

finally read the official website.. theres some very nice looking info on the page.. alot of weapons to get !

check out this huge converstation about the HIGH system u need to run this..

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...d.php?t=1120361

haha it seems if u dont have a Dx11 card u need a QUAD (on REC)

Edited by horizon011

i pass the minimum but i dont reach the "rec"

specs

4 GIG DDR2 1066 @ 1022

E8500 @ 4.2

5770x2 Xfire (Hi 5770's)

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Creative PCI Sound Card

i think ill be able to play this at 1080p res dont u ?

I'd say so... if it can run on the 360 and PS3 at 720p or 680p or whatever its native res is, it can run on a PC with vastly superior hardware at 1080p with a better framerate, imo.

I mean, I can play Mass Effect 2 (and various other games) at a solid 60fps (it's capped) without a hitch at 1920x1080, while the X-Box struggles to keep a solid 30... so I can only assume I can do the same with BC2, also assuming DICE do a semi-decent job on their PC version optimization.

Edited by Reb1rth.

Quad requirement seems a bit weird, but I'd say it has something to do with the destruction physics.

I'm set to play this, hopefully fully cranked with AA.

Those steam guys are douchebags btw.

the OP is a dick

Originally Posted by emp

It's called progress. Would you rather not have games try to push the envelope of graphics? That's what PC is known for.

Oh thats lol worthy.

I don't need a damn GTX260 play Crysis my friend.

It's called PC optimization.

In terms of Graphics, BF:BC2 has nothing new I'm afraid.

ill be kinda disappointed if my computer cant run this game at high FPS,, i dont care how much destruction there is.. my comp should be able to handle it... i could overclock my pc a lil more for more performance i guess but not much more than what it is at

Be interesting to see how DX11 affects it.

Well I personally think Dirt 2 looks nicer on PC with DX11 (Even though there is a slight difference) still looked nice, so you could imagine BC2 to do the same.

Yeah, Dirt 2 improvements arent noticeable at all when you're actually driving.

However, I was talking more about performance than anything. Anyone know if its going to do DX10 aswell?

i pass the minimum but i dont reach the "rec"

specs

4 GIG DDR2 1066 @ 1022

E8500 @ 4.2

5770x2 Xfire (Hi 5770's)

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Creative PCI Sound Card

i think ill be able to play this at 1080p res dont u ?

Odd.

I'm using:

AMD Phenom 9950

4GB PC 6400 DDR2

1GB 5770 (oddly listed as having 2gb by the program)

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Auzentech Prelude

And it's telling me I'm beyond recommended and at the fast end of things.

Thats because you have a Quad core. He has a Dual core, and recommended is a Quad.

Okay, got some news off the Battlefield Blog about when the beta begins, and how to get it.

When's the Beta

First, let's start by making the official time and date of the Beta the start of this Blog in what will be and EPIC moment in DICE's PC History! The PC Beta begins this Thursday, January 28th at approximately 6pm CET, 12pm EST, and 9am PST time!!!!!!! :-D

Where to Get It

The Client will be downloadable from server partner websites and Steam starting at the above listed time at a file size of 1.5GB. Here's a hyper-link reminder http://bit.ly/4GJk2a on which retailers will provide PC Beta access through pre-ordering.

Why we're Having a Beta

The Beta is happening for many reasons, like testing the infrastructure, hosting stability, and gameplay tuning (FOV, Weapon Balance, etc...) that no amount of internal testing could provide better than real world exposure. This means there will also be times of choppiness, lag, disconnects, CTDs or other issues a Beta version of any MP game would have. We'll have feedback methods similar to the PS3 Beta as well to ensure your input is gathered and heard.

Advanced warning: there will be things updated in the final game, like a Server browser with more functions, optimizations, performance tweaks, and learning's from the Beta.

This truly is a Beta, so remember that all feedback is appreciated and wanted! :-)

Hosting the Beta

Renting of Beta servers will not be possible, but we'll work closely with all our RSPs* to ensure there is always enough capacity for each individual regions.

Where to Download the Beta

We'll distribute with many partners as possible to ensure the fastest DLs no matter your location around the world. Current know locations and methods will be EADM, Steam, Torrents (only get this from legit sources, i.e. an RSP*), and all our RSP's.

Getting Started In the Beta

STEP 1: Make sure you have at least 5GB free on your HDD and then download and Install BFBC2! :-D

STEP 2: Once installation is completed (install size will be around 1.5GB) start the client and click the login button. You will then be prompted to sign in with your EA Account. If you don't have an EA Account you'll be able to create one in the same screen. (You may also create your EA Account in advance HERE)

STEP 3: Enter the unique PC Beta Code during the log in process to authenticate your participation in the Beta.

Step 4: Create your Soldier name (this will lock that name to your EA account for retail if you want to keep it).

Note: You will not be able to play or access any multiplayer menus without being authenticated. After the Beta Key is registered it will be tied to your EA Account and no longer valid for new registrations. Our game will use SecuROM for the Beta and Final games .exe, for more info on how SecuROM works in BFBC2 please read this Blog to learn about it in more detail.

* Ranked Server Provider (RSP)

//GvD

Come 4am friday morning, we will be able to download it and play ^.^

Edited by nukejockey

I read somewhere that DX11 games will still work on DX10 cards in DX11 mode, but only use/show features available to DX10.

Maybe I read it in Atomic mag? Haha.

I need a change of pants - I can't believe how much I am looking forward to this now