bcurko

WD 10EARS 1TB Drive Failing

hey guys,

Reformatted my pc with windows 7 on the samsung 500Gb drive and all was well so i copied over my backups onto the newly formatted 1TB Drive it was being read everything was good. Later during the night it was taking quite long to access the 1TB WD Drive at least 5 minutes... and i started getting worried. I updated windows and then restarted then had the disk boot failure error. Since then I've had to reinstall windows 7 on my os (samsung Drive) and the 1TB hasn't worked since. I'm really worried that it's dead because i can't access it and it has 300GB worth of backups...

what should i do? I don't want to go back to msy with the drive yet because then i KNOW that i will never get that data back..

Help anyone.

So what did you do with the backups that you used to copy over the the 1 gig drive ?. Anyhoo it sounds like you may be boned, you could try the HDD freezer trick but I don't hold out much hope. :(

well the backups were on my other drive which was formatted to run windows 7 Ultimate on. so they are non-existent now at least.