d3c4y

Nothing.

My advice would be if you do see her agian go and apologise.

DO NOT DO THIS.

Your only acting suspicious if you ACT suspicious. Your allowed to not comment, and put it forward that your only doing so to protect your rights and to not put yourself in adverse circumstances when you've done nothing wrong.

Why say anything when we have the right to silence if arrested?

The chance of him being arrested seems remote. It will increase if he acts like a perp on "Law and Order" with "I know my rights" bullshit.

They come to talk about a minor matter, you talk. There is nothing to be gained by not doing so.

Lol, who hasnt pulled a few laps and cheered at a couple girls while driving around? The boyfriend probably stared you down to get you sweating like you are now and show how big he is infront of his girlfriend. The cops wouldnt even lift a pen even if she made a call, there is nothing at all to say you were the same peson that pestered her a week earlier and they have better things to do like RBTs etc... Stress less and remember the world isnt out to get you.

i love threads that grow longer as i am trying to catch up with the final post

my view is you acted like a tool, and it's entirely unlikely what you did would justify a formal charge, or probably even an informal "chat" by the fuzz

paranoia is useful, but you are being silly

if this is the worst thing you have ever done you need to get out more - not suggesting you engage in criminal activity, but your description of events is so benign as to be laughably worth no sweat at all

Pull your head in and do the right thing from now on - The cops will just inform the girl (if nshe lodged a complaint) to not walk home alone and if she fnids herself in a predicament to call 000 right away.

Thats it!

if this is the worst thing you have ever done you need to get out more - not suggesting you engage in criminal activity, but your description of events is so benign as to be laughably worth no sweat at all

Sorry scruffy1, I think you're being a bit blase`.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. ;)

i don't think he should be worried about the police

i didn't say he shouldn't be worried about payback

Edited by scruffy1

i don't think he should be worried about the police

i didn't say he shouldn't be worried about payback

Ah *nods head* gotcha.

Because lying always ends well...

Yeah. I'm not lying to the cops.

Realistically, I'm not afraid of anything major. It's just the talking to I'm afraid of.

IF they call the cops and IF the cops think there's enough evidence to warrant giving me a talking to, then I'll take it on the chin and live with it.

That is not enough .... you also need to tell your mouthy mate to keep his stupid gob shut {:)

My advice would be if you do see her again go and apologise.

DO NOT DO THIS.

oh go on. dont listen to hlass! its actually a GREAT IDEA.

you could even get her some chocolates too.

its a truth universally acknowledged that nothing says "I am sorry for stalking you and creeping you the fuck out" like even more unwelcome contact at a much closer proximity. if you cant see the whites of her eyes, youre doing it wrong.

best advice ever imo

:)

Geez, aint that the truth Walty? :)

There's this little thing called empathy, imagine yourself being a girl alone on a street and getting that, what I can only call, "abuse,' if you live in my world you just don't do it and an apology is a very poor excuse.

I can get annoyed sometimes by Sam and his pedantry, but I do know him, and both of us have daughters, I'd be more worried by the possibility of a father coming calling if this girl has one anything like us than I would about the cops....

Having said that, hoonery happens, just don't do it again eh?

Cheers

They come to talk about a minor matter, you talk. There is nothing to be gained by not doing so.

I agree. But when you get dragged down to the station, it's time to shut up.

You were doing the thing I hate the most in this society - having a great time whilst someone else suffers. Too many selfish bastards think its OK to fuck other people over as long as they are having a good time. That girl could have been anything from annoyed to harrassed to fearing for her life from what you and your idiot mate did. But you were just having a lark so everything's OK.

Consequences:

1. Nothing.

2. They could call the cops and they could visit you to check your reaction to the allegations (which could be harrassment, public nuisance or verbal assault). They may decide to charge you afterwards. I wouldn't expect them to just charge you unless there were witnesses or something else which doesn't lead to a he said she says scenario.

3. Maybe the boyfriend knows a cop or someone in the RTA and can find out your address from the plates. The outcome here would be obvious!

You may think you were just dicking around but if you did that to one of my daughters I'd drive your damn car up your arse!

Mmmm... regardless of how she responded to you and your dickhead mate at the time you just might have given her a perfect example of her (and possibly her Parents') worst nightmare - being harassed by a pair of fuckwits in a car, at night in her own zone.

Well Done, Little Soldier.

And having a Daughter of appropriate age, if it happened to my offspring and I got to hear of it the pair of you would be. But that's just my Old School upbringing.

So anyway, apart from you shitting yourself over this what does your mate think about it - still thinks he's a hero or is he also showing more than a mild bit of concern? Any thoughts towards the girl, hmmm?

Personally I'd suggest both you and your dickhead mate 'fess up and go have a word the Ye Local Constabulary and take their consequences, at least coming forward beforehand should lesson any spanking they'd be inclined to dish out.

Best of luck with your parents, and more than Best of Luck if the Boyfriend and his mates catch up to the two of you though.

Edited by merlin13

:)

Yeah Merlin, "old school" really does sum it up.... But then again we's old mate, time to try and teach the young... Which is I think what just may be happening in this thread... Can't change what happened, can see if it becomes less common....

Good to see you around btw :)

Cheers

where does it mention night time ?

since when does a frightened individual show the finger and approach her antagonists ?

i have a teenage daughter; i don't see the same scenario some people here are imagining

more details required

Not quite that simple I suppose, no, night was not mentioned, but why would it matter anyway?

This kinda thing would never happen to my kids, long ago I taught them how to look after themselves, I've talked about that before and maybe this girl had that advantage as well, but it's not how she responded, it's who initiated it......

Tell you, confronted with that one of my kids would have put some interesting dents in that car, the other would have made sure she was safe, gone mobile and said "dad..." whereupon there would have been a hole in the air and yes you would have been in a world of hurt and enough people here know me to know that that is no empty threat....

What I see is a bit different though, just by posting here it says you don't like yourself for what you did, we all make mistakes, like I said, don't do it again, but I somewhat doubt you would....

Cheers

In answer to some above questions:

1) Mate laughed when I told him I was worried, told me to man up. I said he could walk from now on.

2) It was like 2 in the afternoon. Daylight, plenty of other cars all over the place. Windows down, radio blaring, we weren't exactly trying to be stealthy or inconspicuous.

3) There was no fear in her eyes as she ran towards us. Only malice.

3) There was no fear in her eyes as she ran towards us. Only malice.

and you wonder why?

She didn't start it did she?

Hey, she may quite possibly not be a particularly nice person, welcome to human relations :)

Glad to hear how you have dealt with your "mate" though... You just don't need people like that...

Cheers

Edited by chrisg

and you wonder why?

Nah nah. Well within her rights to be. It was just mentioned earlier and I wanted to clarify.

I wish there was a way to apologise without just making the whole damn thing worse.

*Kinda sad smile*

There is no way mate, let it go, she will as well....

Cheers

Man seriouosly, i doubt they will turn up, in most cases they will have a chuckle about that call later on and maybe write your number plate down in their lil books, i have been in situations where either speeding or illegal turns in a car (and really not meaning to) and all i do is be respectful, the whole sir bs, and pretty much say yes im in the wrong and cop it how it is, they have let me off both times, which are nothing, but worse than what you did.

Relax and no dont go lookin to apologize she may see it a stalking further and make a second call (if they even called to begin with), in which case the police would come see you :P

Learn your lesson and move on. I'm not going to go into detail about my most recent encounter with the police, but after some unpleasantness a girl thought she could try and manipulate anti-stalking laws to get revenge on some of us. Basically everyone was in the wrong, but then someone did something very stupid and all the smaller issues got thrown out.