d3c4y

Nothing.

You do know there are anti-Stalking laws don't you?

Although there's probably very little legal basis for a case to be built, you still might get a friendly visit - the fact the first incidents occurred a week ago is meaningless.

You should be glad if it is the cops, and not a disgruntled BF and half a dozen of his mates, with bricks in hand.

How about you just take it as a lesson and don't act like a childish arsehole again? If the cops do come a-calling, cop it on the chin like an adult.

yeah if anything you might get a visit and a talking-to, PLUS all the anguish this seems to be causing might help you to learn something important. ;)

I agree with you, it was very childish. And to be honest, if it was just her that pulled up in the car to yell at me, I'd have wound down the window, taken her yell, and apologised. I just didn't want the BF to smash me.

Also, to reiterate for clarity, I was in that area today for completely unrelated reasons. I didn't return to hoon her again or anything.

I'm not debating whether or not I've done the wrong thing. I'm just asking whether or not the cops would care enough about 1 incident. You guys seem to think so.

Sucked in.

Hope you learn something from this. You might get a light warning but that is probably it.

Edited by sm1ddy

Pretty much what I've been thinking. It's avoidable on my trip home, so I'll avoid it.

How about you just take it as a lesson and don't act like a childish arsehole again? If the cops do come a-calling, cop it on the chin like an adult.

Yeah I'd agree with that.

Chances are this will all end up being an issue as long as you are worried about it.

Stalking, 25 years prison, $10000 fine. You're fucked, mate.

Surely those are maximum penalties (state or federal).

No need to scare the fuck out of him.

To be honest, I very much doubt you'd get anything other than a talking to by the cops, but they may record it in case she suddenly disappears, in which case you'd probably be a suspect.

No need to scare the fuck out of him.

I expected that response as soon as I saw 1shot was reading the thread. While appreciated, taken with a grain of salt.

d3c4y there isn't much they can do, I honestly doubt you will even hear anything more from this.

It is pretty much an assumption or guess that your car today was the same car she encountered a week ago and if you did get a phone call or visit from the police you could deny any knowledge of the incident.

To be honest, I very much doubt you'd get anything other than a talking to by the cops, but they may record it in case she suddenly disappears, in which case you'd probably be a suspect.

Yes, but if the coppers decide to target you..........they won't miss!

It is pretty much an assumption or guess that your car today was the same car she encountered a week ago

Interesting point.

you could deny any knowledge of the incident.

Because lying always ends well...

Yeah. I'm not lying to the cops.

Realistically, I'm not afraid of anything major. It's just the talking to I'm afraid of.

IF they call the cops and IF the cops think there's enough evidence to warrant giving me a talking to, then I'll take it on the chin and live with it.

you could deny any knowledge of the incident.

In this case w/e you or I feel is right or wrong does not matter, unless they perused the issue really hard or had a way of confirming that his car really was the same car a week prior AND was the same driver, just denying it was you would leave them at a dead end it's the way it works..

Why? If all they're doing is talking to you, what's to be afraid of?

My parents fucking destroying me. I know I did the wrong thing and I probably deserve a yell for being stupid, so I'll just take the consequences as they come.

It's refreshing to see the tough guys harrasing women while driving in their cars are afraid of their parents.

Edited by sm1ddy