Sign in to follow this  
danin316

Wireless broadband probs

in a nutshell i have a toshiba laptop handed to me by my granddad with his dodo wireless stick and he asks me to fix it and im hitting a brick wall, the computer connects to internet, it comes up internet access on network icon no issues noticeable, but wen i try to browse via IE or use windows update basically any thing to use the out going connection nothing, in IE it starts to move progress bar but stops moving about a third of way across i've tried re installing browser and using firefox tried reinstalling wireless stick software ,cant use sys restore no rstore points for some reason even tried turning off all security like firewall im stuck big time this is a strange internet dilema PLZ help dont wanna have to admit to my granddad i cant fix something for him lol

Have you verified the Dodo connection is valid, either by ringing Dodo and asking or installing the software on an independent machine and trying to connect from there? Likewise, have you tried connecting the machine through a different network connection and testing to see if it works?

the computer connects to internet, it comes up internet access on network icon no issues noticeable

How have you verified the machine is connecting to the Internet, aside from looking at the network icon? Is any network traffic getting out or is it just web browsing that's buggered? Have you tried running a ping test?

Also, what OS are you running, what version numbers of software, etc?

I agree with elvenwhore, but I will say what I think she was implying, who in their right mind would go with dodo ? I would be surprised if there is anything wrong with the laptop at all, and would lay the blame at the (well deserved) feet of dodo. One of the things they are infamous for is non connectivity.

He will have to go with another company if he, and you, want to keep your sanity. Just look at this site which is just one of many where people have problems with dodo. There are 217 reviews at this site all of them bad Dodo product review

And here is another story showing their very poor performance Dodo internet in complaint crisis

Normally bagging a company to this extent is frowned upon here, but can Atomic and I get in trouble for telling the truth !