Ashlar

"World of Warcraft gets social with Facebook and iPhone apps"

Seriously, Blizzard -- your plans to dominate the world seem to be coming to fruition....

The social and fantasy worlds have collided with the launch by Blizzard of a new World of Warcraft app for Facebook.

The app, World of Warcraft Armory, lets users create a custom feed of their game characters' activities and share it with other Facebook users.

Once users have set up the app and linked it to their account, they can associate their Facebook identity with up to five characters of their choosing. The app generates automatic updates for user accomplishments, such as level gains, achievements and boss kills, according to Blizzard.

“Share your proudest in-game moments with your real-world friends online,” the company said on its official company website.

Blizzard also recently released several of World of Warcraft iPhone apps, World of Warcraft Mobile Armory and Battle.net Mobile Authenticator.

The World of Warcraft Mobile Armory app, which runs on iPhones and the iPod touch, allows users to access the Blizzard’s Armory — a searchable database of World of Warcraft information.

“Ever wanted to check your raid schedule, look up a piece of PvP gear, or concoct a new talent spec while on the go? The World of Warcraft Mobile Armory app for iPhone and iPod touch lets you access the official Armory database from anywhere you have a mobile connection, and features much of the same functionality as the Armory website,” the messaging reads.

The Battle.net Mobile Authenticator, a security tool, allows users to prevent unauthorised access to their Battle.net accounts. Battle.net lets Blizzard customers chat, challenge opponents and initiate multi-player games.

Sauce: http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/33...apps/?eid=-6787

-A-

Again, just goes to show how fucking trivial and attention seeking Facebook is and how desperate and lacking new ideas WoW is...

Despite how stupid this seems, you just know all the wow/facebook kiddies are gonna suck this up too.

+1.

Pointless.

lolling SOOOO hard

Just love this part,

“Share your proudest in-game moments with your real-world friends online,” the company said on its official company website."[/i]

"Oh gee.. yeah... thanks"

lol. As if you would want to do that in the real world, in many ways it'd be socially shooting yourself in the foot, depends who you roll with of course, but still... lol.

GB

lolling SOOOO hard

Just love this part,

“Share your proudest in-game moments with your real-world friends online,” the company said on its official company website."[/i]

"Oh gee.. yeah... thanks"

lol. As if you would want to do that in the real world, in many ways it'd be socially shooting yourself in the foot, depends who you roll with of course, but still... lol.

GB

I was thinking the same thing, wow used to be one of my guilty pleasures, but i never used to tell people about it. I'd sooner shoot myself than play it and tell people about it now too.