Sign in to follow this  
pinecoffin

'Firetruck' up a website, cause im sick of the hackers

I'm surprised it wasn't locked sooner :P

Seriously, posting to help someone hack a site is taboo...(aiding someone in breaking the law) I know it hadn't happened but the help in doing so was requested in the OP.

Sounds illegal anyway *shrug*

(Disclaimer-I'm not attacking Laz' for it, just saying that the mod was correct in his actions)

(Disclaimer2-My intention is not to suck up to the mods either :P Hi Cyb3r *checks hair* )

Edited by datafast69

I'd like to think that laz said it all in jest, but I'd also like to think that if he was offered any help, he would go through with it :P

Yeah, I'm with Cyber on this - the dude's cranky and wants to hack a forum. Whether or not he's doing it for a 'good cause' is immaterial; we don't support that kind of thing.

I think the mods acted fine, if anything I think they should have deleted the post altogether, and then PM the OP.

My 2c anyway

I have the two sides to this:

1. I dont agree with destroying someones work, immoral or not, its HIS site.

2. I dont like that a 'maximum computing' forum has restrictions, but I understand its law. I'd love to be told some tools that may be used to do this, if only to konw whats attacking a webserver in the future etc. I know it cant happen, but I wish it could.

I don't see (nor have I ever seen) malicious hacking as 'maximum computing'.

It doesn't belong here and it _never_ has.

I don't see (nor have I ever seen) malicious hacking as 'maximum computing'.

It doesn't belong here and it _never_ has.

As much as I would of loved to learn some hacking skills I agree

I also thought threads about locked threads were a no no too.

2. I dont like that a 'maximum computing' forum has restrictions, but I understand its law. I'd love to be told some tools that may be used to do this, if only to konw whats attacking a webserver in the future etc. I know it cant happen, but I wish it could.

http://www.google.com.au

Personally it's not so much the hackers in MW2 that I find annoying as the campers.

If I find someone on my team camping, I'll flashbang them on general principle.

I'll take a fingerbang, but I aint standing for no flashbanging.

It hurts less if you're sitting.

Rob.

I'll take a fingerbang, but I aint standing for no flashbanging.

It hurts less if you're sitting.

Rob.

they say the same thing about inserting a tampon or something don't they?

Funks.

Ah Atomic, you never fail to amaze.

Ninja edit :

I'd like to think that laz said it all in jest, but I'd also like to think that if he was offered any help, he would go through with it :P

Oh yeh, I would go through with it - in a heart beat.

The entire point of the OP was to point out a website that is dedicated to hacking, not only WM:2, but any game they can.

Im surprised you guys condone this.

Websites such as this one, dedicated to breaking games that other people enjoy should be shut down - after all, the whole premise is damaging to the PC gaming community - something that is a fragile monster at this point in time.

Judging from the replies above though, I grossly overestimated the prowess of you keyboard champions, I guess your not as good at maximum computing as I first thought.

And Maxxie, the Police? Really? You'd dob me into the Police? Not the Fuzz, damn you! Why the heck would they care about a bunch of nerds working to bring down a foreign website? Hey while your at it tell them I was doing a wheelie on a road down south this morning (nanga road in Dwellingup to be precise) and to come hoon law my motorbike. Im sure you'll get about the same response.

However, I find it slightly alarming that you would start waving around my details like my ip address (shock horror) or even, god forbid, my LOGIN details?

In fact that brings up the question of how safe is my supposedly private details I have provided to you. Does this mean you could sign in as me, using my login details, and post something really naughty, like trying to hack a website?

Edited by Lazzarus2nd

The entire point of the OP was to point out a website that is dedicated to hacking, not only WM:2, but any game they can.

Websites such as this one, dedicated to breaking games that other people enjoy should be shut down - after all, the whole premise is damaging to the PC gaming community - something that is a fragile monster at this point in time.

Judging from the replies above though, I grossly overestimated the prowess of you keyboard champions, I guess your not as good at maximum computing as I first thought.

And Maxxie, the Police? Really? You'd dob me into the Police? Not the Fuzz, damn you! Why the heck would they care about a bunch of nerds working to bring down a foreign website? Hey while your at it tell them I was doing a wheelie on a road down south this morning (nanga road in Dwellingup to be precise) and to come hoon law my motorbike. Im sure you'll get about the same response.

However, I find it slightly alarming that you would start waving around my details like my ip address (shock horror) or even, god forbid, my LOGIN details?

In fact that brings up the question of how safe is my supposedly private details I have provided to you. Does this mean you could sign in as me, using my login details, and post something really naughty, like trying to hack a website?

What the OP wanted to do in the other thread is considered illegal. what part of that don't you understand?

doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Haymarket media could be considered liable for letting such topics go on.

Edited by funky_monkey

What the OP wanted to do in the other thread is considered illegal. what part of that don't you understand?

Considered?

What's considered? Something is illegal, or its not, its never considered.

Ninja edit :

Oh yeh, I would go through with it - in a heart beat.

I think I mentioned to you over a beer that the reason I don't 'game', is because of the cheats.

They shit me.

I don't mind losing fair and square but it really shits me when I've been dudded!

I think I mentioned to you over a beer that the reason I don't 'game', is because of the cheats.

They shit me.

I don't mind losing fair and square but it really shits me when I've been dudded!

Oh yeh I remember - and its why its got my so riled up.

I've spent good coin on a fun game that I enjoy - gaming is my hobby. When someone hacks the game im playing it directly affects me and my hobby.

It's illegal to 'hack' and sabotage a server. Simple as that. Since we don't condone the posting of methodology to perform illegal acts, particularly when the OP has openly said they want to apply them, the thread was closed. If the police were to contact Atomic requesting information about your IP/ISP etc, we'd be legally obliged to do so. No, we don't "dob" people in.

Perhaps you should calm down. It's just a game. If you're concerned, then contact the publisher to deal with them.