Sign in to follow this  
pinecoffin

'Firetruck' up a website, cause im sick of the hackers

For all we know, it's perfectly legal in the country where the server is hosted. Regardless, if someone trashes your house, do you go to the culprits place and do the same? Or do you contact the authorities?

For all we know, it's perfectly legal in the country where the server is hosted. Regardless, if someone trashes your house, do you go to the culprits place and do the same? Or do you contact the authorities?

For all we know..............maybe..........perhaps............could be...........

It's similar to the rules around here!

I have to actually say that I'm with Laz, the fuckers deserve to go down.

Don't know if I'd be as vocal as him though, probably be better to go about it covertly.

but yes, it is one of my main gripes with the game: The hackers and the lag. Stupid business. I paid good money for that game and I deserve to play ti how I want without others ruining the experience.

Cheers KOTM - I guess it only affects those who play the game.

It's illegal to 'hack' and sabotage a server. Simple as that. Since we don't condone the posting of methodology to perform illegal acts, particularly when the OP has openly said they want to apply them, the thread was closed. If the police were to contact Atomic requesting information about your IP/ISP etc, we'd be legally obliged to do so. No, we don't "dob" people in.

Perhaps you should calm down. It's just a game. If you're concerned, then contact the publisher to deal with them.

So if someone were to hack, say the Pirate bay, in the days before it was taken down the authorities would prosecute the website attackers? Even though the website itself was illegal?

I fail to see how bringing a website down is illegal? Yeh fair enough you can say it is - any substance to back up your allegations, or is this all heresy?

And contact the manufacturer? IW would probably give me a bloody job if I was to bring down a website dedicated to hacking their games, would probably even pay my defences in court!!

For all we know..............maybe..........perhaps............could be...........

LOL you got it - goal posts get moved

This is why I stick to table tennis and pinball.

Yeh probably hacker on TT too - ball tampering and all that. :)

People can still be dicks in table tennis, the only difference is that you can intimidate them when playing table tennis. It's hard to stop people hacking from way over the net.

How?

It either hits the table or it doesn't!

I fail to see how bringing a website down is illegal? Yeh fair enough you can say it is - any substance to back up your allegations, or is this all heresy?

http://www.aic.gov.au/en/publications/curr...20/htcb007.aspx

http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/current...20/htcb005.aspx

I'm no lawyer, but I'd say it'd come under the Cybercrime Act legislation.

And contact the manufacturer? IW would probably give me a bloody job if I was to bring down a website dedicated to hacking their games, would probably even pay my defences in court!!

No, they'd pretend you don't exist. Assuming they know you exist in the first place.

http://www.aic.gov.au/en/publications/curr...20/htcb007.aspx

http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/current...20/htcb005.aspx

I'm no lawyer, but I'd say it'd come under the Cybercrime Act legislation.

No, they'd pretend you don't exist. Assuming they know you exist in the first place.

Excellent post, exactly what I asked for, I've learnt something today.

Thank you CG - I will cease and desist my plans for revenge. Well via Atomic anyway.

And Maxxie, the Police? Really? You'd dob me into the Police? Not the Fuzz, damn you! Why the heck would they care about a bunch of nerds working to bring down a foreign website?

I don't think the mods would dob you in to the 5-0, but if the fuzz came knocking on Haymarket's door asking for your details, Haymarket would hand over those details in a fucking heartbeat.

The best way to deal with hackers is to just leave the server, if there is no one to give them entertainment ie: "your such a fucking noob you fag hacker" then they will get over it and probably just leave the game altogether, in other words fires keep burning if you keep adding fuel to them.

Yup. Interestingly enough, that's how the civil legal system works as well (somewhat). Criminal is at least codified in Australia, but even those laws are up for challenging and are never a black-and-white application. Go figure.

I do not understand why anyone would wish to waste their time trying to hack some n00b writing aimbots. Boring stupid and a good way to get attention. Also posting this crap on a forum is also a n00b thing to do. If someone wishes to peform hacks why not learn and do the job yourself? Personally apart from the legallity issue considering this is a public forum; I'd expect that kind of thinking from the same people that write the programs who you say are corrupt. The real issue here is obviously a security one.

I do not understand why anyone would wish to waste their time trying to hack some n00b writing aimbots. Boring stupid and a good way to get attention. Also posting this crap on a forum is also a n00b thing to do. If someone wishes to peform hacks why not learn and do the job yourself? Personally apart from the legallity issue considering this is a public forum; I'd expect that kind of thinking from the same people that write the programs who you say are corrupt. The real issue here is obviously a security one.

Your Pro.

Show me what you got baby.