Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
theflyingswan

Neighbours huge tree

5 minutes ago, Juggalo Scrub said:

Chaos, don't be an old fuddy duddy.  Atomic is ending, people are finally coming back and getting involved.  Now is not the time to flex your "powers" to the world. 

People should be encouraged to post and resurrect the fond memories they have. Not be chased out by someone with a stick up their arse.

You'll still have your kingdom of nothing in a month, let ppl have fun. 

I'm not trying to flex anything and I wouldn't assume where anyone will be in a month.  All I know is that it won't be here.

I'm pointing out a polite thing because it's easy to get caught and mess people around.  I've been caught on the date thing in the past and it's not fun to discover that you are replying to something long forgotten.

And I've always been a fuddy duddy.  You know that.  😛

I'm happy for people to post and resurrect old memories.  I'm only asking that they link to them rather than bringing them back as has ALWAYS been the policy.  Because there is very good reasons for it.

Surely that's not a big ask?

But for what? And who cares?  This is a living wake where people tell stories about the past, and in this one instance - there is a reply. 

How about let people do that.  It's not as if discussions are being drowned out. 

• Like 2

Went to bump my POTM, but not even way back machine has that archived (2004).  

Go nuts.  You gotta share or it's lost.  

1 hour ago, Rybags said:

A positive about this thread bump - look at the first page and the regulars we've not seen in yonks.

yep

1 hour ago, Juggalo Scrub said:

Went to bump my POTM, but not even way back machine has that archived (2004).  

Go nuts.  You gotta share or it's lost.  

You gotta pay more attention to that wife of yours.

Ahhh that post is a right laff! Thanks for bumping T-hungy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, plebsmacker said:

Bump all the old threads. Understood.

There are no really old ones.

6 hours ago, Juggalo Scrub said:

Only because you fart dust.  Nothing is old compared to you. 

Is 'ancient' the word you were looking for?

Posted (edited)

I believe it depends on your munincipality.  In my area, a property owner has every right to trim neighbour’s trees back to the fence line at any time, and debis disposal is the tree owner.’s responsibility. Obviously, it’s always best to consult the neighbour first ... I did this and he now obligingly trims them back for me every year.  But if it’s a really large tree, I’d be more concerned about the roots ....

edit;  huh, just noticed the age of this thread .... oh well, good read so not wasted, lol ....

Edited by NightOwl
  • Like 2

Back on topic............in NSW,  you can trim the tree/bushes at the fenceline and throw the trimmings back over the fence.

Because of the nature of my block.............I'm a bit like a small European country where I have EIGHT adjoining properties, of which, about three of them are cunts about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

For the OP - As someone who did weed spraying for a few years, what ya want to do is, mix up some glyphosate, and just put it in a bucket, under the tree on a hot day (Mix in some metsulfuron too)

What happens is, you take this mix in a bucket, and just sit it under the tree on a hot day, where noone can see it. Then, the sun heats up the water causing it to evaporate - This steam that now rises up, carries the chemical up with it. It will be a slow kill, but it will wipe that tree out over about six months

Be sneaky - Kill the fucking thing. Then the neighbour has to pay for the removal

EDIT: (There's no issue mixing gly and met - I have my SpraySafe cert, and that mix is what we kill blackberries with. Just sticking my dick up the arse of nay-sayers before they get here going "eeer, you shouldn't mix chemicals")

Edited by Khirareq

1 hour ago, Khirareq said:

Kill the fucking thing.

Glyphosate? Kill you too - and maybe your kids. Legal actions out the wahzoo in the US atm.

I didn't think you could get that here any more.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cybes said:

Glyphosate? Kill you too - and maybe your kids. Legal actions out the wahzoo in the US atm.

Seems probably pretty safe still if you don't bathe or shower in the stuff.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Cybes said:

Really? You search for Glyphosate on Bunnings and you get over 182 results. Sure, some don't contain it, but a lot do - Here: 209929ef-de90-4dca-a972-3403b32ba109.jpg

I still buy it in 20L drums. Been using it for over 10 years, following the label (I use mixes at 400 to 600 g/L)*

If it's as bad as the 5G'ers say, then when the court cases are settled, Ill be set for a long time

*EDIT: Sorry, I don't use mixes that high - Thats the concentrate in the drum. At that level, I mix 200 to 300ml per 100L of water, depending on what I'm trying to kill)

Edited by Khirareq
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Khirareq said:

For the OP -

Good tip, but pretty sure the OP ain't been back round these here parts for over 5 years.

Just now, Nich... said:

Good tip, but pretty sure the OP ain't been back round these here parts for over 5 years.

Yeah, I know. I just know I killed trees at my bosses place by leaving a weed spraying ute parked under trees with half a batch still mixed up. Future reference, all that shit

(Plus me spamming and you can't do anything "cause it's related to the topic" 😛 I'm upping my post count cause it should be 40k plus iirc 😛 )

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Also sorry - I didn't mean to just shit on you like that Cybes. Just... Ok. I've been doing this weed spraying shit for so long, and I like to think Im not a fucking dumb-arse (Dont argue that - Ill lose)

I've heard that arguement so many times, but noone has ever actually provided me with some stats or figures as to the actual risks - The stats and stuff that I can find however, indicate that it is fine as long as it is used as directed

Now, the issue that us weed sprayers have is, a lot of farmers don't think we actually do anything. When we apply these chemicals, it's in a very thin dose - You want to kill the plant off slowly. I'll explain via the met/gly mix for blackberries:

The gly will kill off the top of the plant, but the met will get soaked in to the leaves, and taken down in to the roots of the system, and kill it from the bottom up - If you apply too much gly, the top of the plant gets killed/burnt off before the met can be sucked down to the roots to do its job

And that's what happens - Farmers go off, spray weeds, don't see results in weeks, up the chemical rate and go back out and spray again - They burn off the top of the plant before the chemical can get down to the roots and kill it properly. This is where most the issues come from - untrained people with NFI using way to high of a rate. As such, people getting sick from it is not surprising

A good weed spray, you shouldn't notice the effects really until the following year. And given seeds can survive in the ground for up to 7 years, it's not just a one time thing - Not many chemicals can penetrate the ground to kill the seeds (Glyphosate goes inactive when it hits clay. For seeds you might want Triclopyr)

Also Monsato - Pack of pricks

Edited by Khirareq
  • Like 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

1 hour ago, Khirareq said:

Also sorry - I didn't mean to just shit on you like that Cybes.

No offence taken.  It did not read like a putdown.

6 hours ago, Nich... said:

Seems probably pretty safe still if you don't bathe or shower in the stuff.

That's right.

One of the farmers that sued in the US had his clothes soaked in it for decades............said he was told it was safe.

(it's safe if used in the proper manner as directed)