NukeJockey

ATI/AMD and Nvidia Driver Thread

WHQL Catalyst 10.3 is out, same with 10.3 crossfire profile update.

Might want to put in a section for the crossfire profiles in OP.

Goodo! Thanks for the info marky mark!

Seems I cant give a seperate link for the application profiles as the download is on the same page as the drivers.

How do they work anyway? I've got mine installed, do i need to do anything else?

Edited by nukejockey

Seems I cant give a seperate link for the application profiles as the download is on the same page as the drivers.

This?

How do they work anyway? I've got mine installed, do i need to do anything else?

Pretty sure that's all you need to do. Not sure if a restart is needed, installer didn't say so, so I'm guessing not.

I needed newer drivers to play aliens vs predator (was on 8.11 with my 4870x2), so I got the 10.2

The reason I had the ancient 8.11's was because neverwinter nights would crash with anything newer.

I have 10.2 and now nwn crashes before it loads....

time to dualboot XP again, this shits me.

I might as well quote myself and how I fixed this (could fix issue with a couple of older games crashing with new drivers ^^)

I just had to expand the ati opengl dl_ file from an older driver set (8,11), have the output uncompressed file (atioglxx.dll) and copy to nwn directory and viola! It works

=D

NWN running on new drivers!

I did have to google how to expand DL_ files, not something I have needed to do before :P

/offtopic

I should try these new drivers.

Got 10.3 loaded with the Crossfire profiles for the 5770 Crossfire I've got. So far, I'm experiencing less crashes than before in regards to Fallout 3. Most of the games don't have the shimmering issues any more.

Lovin 10.3's with Xfire profiler so far. I too had the water shimmer effect at times in BC2. Either the patch or Drivers seems to have fuxed it. Woot Woot!! And Vantage score has had a large improvement. Best drivers ATI has produced possibly ever says Tweaktown.

I'm getting a different problem with it now, doesnt always happen, but sometimes I get a weird flashing (on the screen, not on textures) and weird horizontal lines moving vertically down the screen.

Happens to my bro on his crossfired 4870s too.

roger, ill update it tonight.

Cheers.

Geez get it with it would ya.... I should have found that out here first. WHAT AREN'T WE PAYING YOU FOR??? :P

Are any nVidia users having issues with the new 197.13 drivers? Mine is having some weird digital signing errors, and the driver isn't working properly at all.

EDIT: Bloody hell I miss my radeon right now. It's been three months and they still haven't made a driver work right since the 196.21

Edited by SceptreCore

I'm not sure what's going on with with 10.3

I can play Crysis fine... But when I play NFSU2, it goes black and says that NFSU2.exe has stopped responding... and it crashes. :S

Come to think of it... NFSU2 is an old game... why am I even playing it again?

coz its teh shiz.

I know, I know... I really wanted to play some driving game... Just realised that was the only one I had, otherwise everything else is on console. :O

But yeah, I can't play it... I'm not sure whether I should grab a link off to 10.2, just to play it again!! :D

try carbon or most wanted...theyre better anyway.

I've got them both on my PS2... I felt that Carbon was somewhat short. Gameplay was awesome though... I think Underground 2 was quite long, and fun... Good Soundtracks too compared to both MW and Carbon... And way more people online on NFSU2!! :D

Do the 10.3 ATi drivers fix the uber-slow loading on BC2 DX10?

Nope, fixes crossfire graphical glitches, but adds more of them too :P

Are any nVidia users having issues with the new 197.13 drivers? Mine is having some weird digital signing errors, and the driver isn't working properly at all.

Anyone?

Mostly ATI boys in this thread SC, might be worthwhile posting a thread about it as this thread doesnt see much traffic anyway.

New Catalyst Profile update is out (still 10.3) Fixes all the bugs that BC2 had by the looks of it. No more more horizontal lines going across the screen for crossfire users or any of that shit. Yeehaw.

Link is in the OP.