MuZ_DyL

Far Cry 2 - Console Version

I pre-ordered Far Cry 2 Collectors edition.

After a few FPS’s on the PS3 and 360, I swore that I would never purchase another one – PC is the only way to go – but due to financial constraints I am in no position to upgrade my PC at the moment.

So I am now getting the PS3 version. Is anyone else getting a console version of Far Cry 2?

I am personally looking forward to the 23/10/2008. Two great games come out (Little big planet and Far Cry 2) and they seem to have two things in common, which I didn’t know about.

They both have the ability to create your own maps.

Based on the following article that I read the other day, it seems that it will be rather easy to create some interesting maps on either console:

http://blogs.smh.com.au/screenplay/archives//020253.html

Far Cry on the original XBox had a map creator, it was awesome. I'll be getting FC2, on the 360 - because console gaming is the only way to go ;)

I get sick of the PC gamers who come in here and whine, blah blah blah PC gaming is better... Then go elsewhere, we like consoles round here and its our preferred way of gaming we don't really care about your opinion of PC vs. console because clearly we've made our choice.

I get sick of the PC gamers who come in here and whine, blah blah blah PC gaming is better... Then go elsewhere, we like consoles round here and its our preferred way of gaming we don't really care about your opinion of PC vs. console because clearly we've made our choice.

I don't think you read the post, he asked if anyone else is getting it on PS3 / 360. People have a prefered choice and us as console gamers have to respect PC gaming as much as our own :)

PS: I will be grabbing it on PC and PS3, due to different online play :)

Will be playing this on PS3 as well. Been looking forward to it for ages. Just too much stuff to get all at once.

I love the PC VS Console Debate. Due to the fact my mates do both regularly and get consistantly high scores on all systems

Halo1,2,3 VS CoD4/Crysis/Random FPS's

My mates still eat up k/d's and all that - ya just gotta adapt.

I believe with my own eyes, I watch him play cod4 on pc, then switch to BF:BC and he still goes nuts and aims accurately and fluently.

Im pushing my mate to get FC2 but he's a halo3 fanboi so might take some time :P

Sure he'll be uber at that too

$$

Definitely getting the 360 version. Playing on a 40" HD panel and not having to spend megabux upgrading my PC is for the win.

Definitely getting the 360 version. Playing on a 40" HD panel and not having to spend megabux upgrading my PC is for the win.

100% Agreed. There is a rumour that all 3 platforms look the same, PC version only looks a bit better becuase of the AA and Res settings. Not sure if thats 100% true but a lot of places are saying otherwise :)

I love the PC VS Console Debate. Due to the fact my mates do both regularly and get consistantly high scores on all systems

Halo1,2,3 VS CoD4/Crysis/Random FPS's

My mates still eat up k/d's and all that - ya just gotta adapt.

I believe with my own eyes, I watch him play cod4 on pc, then switch to BF:BC and he still goes nuts and aims accurately and fluently.

Im pushing my mate to get FC2 but he's a halo3 fanboi so might take some time :P

Sure he'll be uber at that too

$$

Halo 3 is not the best shooter, I think Resistance 2 will cap Halo 3. Just my opinion :)

This, except PS3, and 24" monitor =P

Hopefully I'll have that stupidly expensive keyboard and mouse adaptor too so I can play it properly ^_^

This, except PS3, and 24" monitor =P

Hopefully I'll have that stupidly expensive keyboard and mouse adaptor too so I can play it properly ^_^

So, Far Cry 2 is Keyboard / Mouse compatible?

FPS on a console is failure. they fluked with halo in multiplayer thats its only strong point.

Get lost, troll.

Now now ... keep the claws away.

FPS games have a place in consoles, as long as you can connect a mouse and keyboard - But that is my opinion.

I am willing to give Far Cry 2 a go on the PS3 and see if it holds up to COD4, which I found to be reasonable, but lacking that edge that a mouse and keyboard give you.

UT3 on the other hand was a dream – Mouse and Keyboard compatible !!!!

Then again – it could be the user - Coordination required with a joypad for a FPS is not in my repertoire : P Hats off to anyone who can play FPS on a console, as good as a seasoned PC enthusiast.

I too used to be against console FPSs (in a personal sense, not in a trolling sense).

Now, most of the time, playing a game hunched over my desk in front of the monitor = fail. I'm in front of it all day at work.

Relaxing , bigger screen, comfort. That's where the win is for me these days.

Granted, I have some decent kb/m skills for FPS games that will now largely go to waste, but who gives a shit. Gaming is about fun, and shooters on consoles are just as fun.

If you're a person that can't handle the different control style, that's no reason to go around declaring general failure for an entire platform.

FPS on a console is failure. they fluked with halo in multiplayer thats its only strong point.

You fail big time baby.

I actually enjoy using the Controller over the mouse now, its true, I am that dam used to it and don't come back any say "Oh hes just a console FB lar de dar! I have a PC gaming rig, I know what the fuck im talkin bout! I think on a console you get a much better experence, now my question is to you? "Do you ever see a mouse that has a feature called rumble and motion sensor capability? If you say its laser then that is not an option becuase controllers have joy sticks to guide also but the controller itself being tiltted forwards, backwards and side to side is nothing comapred to using a mouse and keyboard.

WHen your using a weapon with a mouse, its hard to tell the power of the weapon this is why I think, console FPS turned ou to be better for me, becuase of rumble motion sensor and no 1000 keys to press just to get a function working ;)

So ping of PC gamers, I game on a PC myself but if this is console games, then leave the PC shit out of it. You had your time with PC's, let the 360, PS3 and Wii dominate for once, Thank you :)

The only console FPS that blows away computer FPS is goldeneye.

Fail, again!

Resistance Fall Of Man = 40 player online

Resistance Fall Of Man 2 = 60 player online

Shit loads of weapons to choose from and it feels like there is something to achive and Goldeneye while being the best at the time, think about now and not the past :)

MAG = 256 Player online - Its your call :)

Thats why i bought a PS3 (i have no rumble- only sixaxis), but this is just my preference and my preference of not liking Halo. i have no problem if you do. in fact good on ya, i only played halo 2 with my friends on 2 xboxs(?) and it was one of the most fun times ive had, i just dont care much for the story and how the levels are repetative. Farcry 2 might be better on console though as it seems more like a free roaming game.

Thats why i bought a PS3 (i have no rumble- only sixaxis), but this is just my preference and my preference of not liking Halo. i have no problem if you do. in fact good on ya, i only played halo 2 with my friends on 2 xboxs(?) and it was one of the most fun times ive had, i just dont care much for the story and how the levels are repetative. Farcry 2 might be better on console though as it seems more like a free roaming game.

Hey, before I say fail again (Which I will feature now (Fail within the brackets :P) You think, all of us just play Halo? I am not angry, I think you just made the beast step in and I am certainly not a major or fan if you will, of the game Galo. I hate the game infact I want to burn it, not that I am really going to but I did not like the story but you know what I liked about it, the online (Which was "OK" but it gets very boring.

Buy rumble, then come back and make a statement :) I think you will find that your posts will be nothing like the ones I have seen claiming KB & Mouse = better.

Storyline? Its one of the most important roles in being a gamer, I myself get draged into the story (Heavenly Sword, Unchrated, Resistance and BF:BC)

For the record, I prefer keyboard and mouse as well. It's undeniably a more accurate and natural form of input for many people. I just don't prefer sitting at my desk anymore, and I don't prefer messing around with drivers, upgrades, etc.

I've gotten used to the controller and I'm pretty comfortable with it now, and overall I just find console gaming to be a more enjoyable experience.