MuZ_DyL

Far Cry 2 - Console Version

I've gotten used to the controller and I'm pretty comfortable with it now, and overall I just find console gaming to be a more enjoyable experience.

I agree, consoles are good for the just pick up and play aproach as well as being fun and having a good story line. i would have to say that one of my all time favourite games is devil may cry 4.

For the record, I prefer keyboard and mouse as well. It's undeniably a more accurate and natural form of input for many people. I just don't prefer sitting at my desk anymore, and I don't prefer messing around with drivers, upgrades, etc.

I've gotten used to the controller and I'm pretty comfortable with it now, and overall I just find console gaming to be a more enjoyable experience.

I feel the same. I find it more relaxing to just sit down and play on the console. I guess everyone has their opinion but just once in a blue moon I need to stand up for what I paid for and having PC trolls in console games complaining about controllers just rages me up inside.

I agree, consoles are good for the just pick up and play aproach as well as being fun and having a good story line. i would have to say that one of my all time favourite games is devil may cry 4.

Thats the spirit :) Thats partly the reason I bought a console to but having games that look very much the same as a PC with a 4870X2 and 553533453GB of DDR3 ram is not worth even forking out for. I mean, consoles and PC games just look the same as each other and why spend thousands of dollars on a gaming PC when you can spend $600 - $700 for a machine that runs and looks exaclly the same?

Thats why I ditched my computer build a while ago.

"Do you ever see a mouse that has a feature called rumble and motion sensor capability?"

Well by its design a mouse IS a motion sensor and also this A rumble mouse, whaddayaknow...

Halo 3 is not the best shooter, I think Resistance 2 will cap Halo 3. Just my opinion :)

It could happen I guess, although I'm highly skeptical R2's multiplayer will top H3's tbh. Resistance 1 online wasn't so great imho, the controls just didn't feel as tight as Halo 3's, and the animation on player models was pretty shit compared to Halo 3's. If they tighten up the controls quite a bit, and make the animation smoother, it could work.

Index, I thought you were banned!!!

Love your passion for games, but you can pretty much say everything you just did, without putting people down for their personal preferences.

I guess that comes with age and maturity.

As for the old M/KB vs. controller debate, there's pros and cons for both. Overall for a FPS I'd say M/KB wins, due to the much-increased accuracy (although a thumbstick is way better than WASD for moving about in a FPS). Anything 3rd-personey-meleeish-actioney-QT event-like is better with a controller though. What I'd like to see is a keyboard manufacturer release a KB that has some sort of little thumbstick or something over near the tab key, so I can move with a stick, but still aim with a mouse.

Index, I thought you were banned!!!

Love your passion for games, but you can pretty much say everything you just did, without putting people down for their personal preferences.

I guess that comes with age and maturity.

Please tell me how I put someone down? Please find me a bit of text that attacks? I said fail and I had to back up that statement with facts. Don't spill your hate towards me, I am very strict to my facts when it comes to backing up.

FUZZ, I never even seen a mouse with rumble, why is that? I go to dicksmiths, Big Dub and JB but never cam across something like this. PS, you only got one hand on the mouse wheres you have your entire hand on the controller, better experience yes?

Look, I repsect and thank those who love a challange now and again but we all have our input, who doesn't go out of their boundrys now and then? Sometimes to get the message you have to use Personal Preference as your ammunition.

[

FUZZ, I never even seen a mouse with rumble, why is that? I go to dicksmiths, Big Dub and JB but never cam across something like this. PS, you only got one hand on the mouse wheres you have your entire hand on the controller, better experience yes?

Probably because they came out years ago and have been discontinued for quite some time. Err, "you only got one hand on the mouse wheres you have your entire hand on the controller"...That didn't make any sense dude.

I'll be getting Far Cry 2 on the 360, primarily because quite simply I'm not prepared to spend the insane amount of money required to get my box up to speed. Given how Crysis ran on my PC with medium settings, it'd just not be worth the dough IMO.

This thread is chock full of some of the most inane babbling I've ever read.

You know that I don't always agree with you, but I will this time.

I guess I am to blame. Should have started the thread with something like:

"Is anyone looking forward to Far Cry 2 on their preferred console? "

As long as there isnt any mutated gorillas *shudders* I reckon I'll be all over this shit like a fat kid on cheetos. That said with fallout 3 coming out at the end of the month I think i'll be busy with my 360 for a VERY long time.

As long as there isnt any mutated gorillas *shudders* I reckon I'll be all over this shit like a fat kid on cheetos. That said with fallout 3 coming out at the end of the month I think i'll be busy with my 360 for a VERY long time.

Devs have stated that there are no trigens in FC2.

Devs have stated that there are no trigens in FC2.

Thank fuck for that to. The Devs knew it made FC fail and thats why they chose to make FC2 more realistic of a story.

Fuzz: You knew what I meant :P You have a mouse, one hand to oporate it, how are you surposed to get an experince over a console controller, which both hands are holding. Both hands get the effect and cuases a better experince with the game. A mouse is used by one hand, how the hell am I getting any kind of experince. Besides, the link you gave had a few games that supported this mouse (Only a few and were not talking over 100, were talking under 100) Thats pretty sad, when considering 99% all PS3 games now being compatable with the rumble, clearly shit all over the mouse :)

Definitely getting the 360 version. Playing on a 40" HD panel and not having to spend megabux upgrading my PC is for the win.

Agreed.

Though i'm looking into setting up a way to play my pc through the tele and still be able to sit on the couch. I've had it plugged in via dvi-hdmi previously and it looked damn good at 1080p.

That said some xbox games look bloody great as well. As for controls, i find i can go from pc to xbox and back again with no dramas. PC is always the winner for fps and strategy games

Consoles tend to lend themselves better to 3rd person shooters, racing games sports games etc etc.

Both have their good points and bad points. Its a stupid argument really.

PS3 sux.

So, Far Cry 2 is Keyboard / Mouse compatible?

Yes, if you have one of these: http://gizmodo.com/349652/xfps-mouse-and-k...ailable-for-ps3

There's one for the 360 too.

They're about $100 a pop, probably a lot more since the US dollar has gone up QQ

edit: If I wasn't able to use a keyboard and mouse though, I probably would get it on PC. I don't think using analogue sticks where using joystick to perform what should be an absolute movement makes for the best gameplay. I'm aware auto aim can help, but it's not that I suck at playing fps's using a controller, quite the opposite. I just think it's a fucking retarded thing to do. Wiimote or mouse for me.

Definitely getting the 360 version. Playing on a 40" HD panel and not having to spend megabux upgrading my PC is for the win.

Agreed.

Though i'm looking into setting up a way to play my pc through the tele and still be able to sit on the couch. I've had it plugged in via dvi-hdmi previously and it looked damn good at 1080p.

That said some xbox games look bloody great as well. As for controls, i find i can go from pc to xbox and back again with no dramas. PC is always the winner for fps and strategy games

Consoles tend to lend themselves better to 3rd person shooters, racing games sports games etc etc.

PS3 sux.

So, saying its a stupid argument AND then saying PS3 sux. WTF you just raised the argument again! Fail.

Agreed.

PS3 sux.

So, saying its a stupid argument AND then saying PS3 sux. WTF you just raised the argument again! Fail.

Well hes right, I fail to see the problem here.

Agreed.

PS3 sux.

Well hes right, I fail to see the problem here.

Oh I give up! I am going to sit in a bath tub full of ice cubes.