MuZ_DyL

Far Cry 2 - Console Version

Sometime I don't know why I bother. *Sighs*

Maybe you should stop then, you've derailed this thread enough.

On a different note, are there any details on how it looks/runs on consoles compared to pc?

Sometime I don't know why I bother. *Sighs*

Maybe you should stop then, you've derailed this thread enough.

On a different note, are there any details on how it looks/runs on consoles compared to pc?

I derailed? Go and have a look at some of the posts others made. I was simply trying to get it back on track with my second last post.

*On Topic,

I suspect the console version runs fine, if it diden't then there would be no point in selling the game. I watched a gameplay video from the PS3 and 360, both look the same and run smooth just by looking at it and it looks great to :)

I suspect the console version runs fine, if it didn't then there would be no point in selling the game.

My god, he speaketh some sense!

I'd generally agree with this statement. If a developer is worth their weight/product isn't a dodgy throw together, then they will, in the development cycle:

1. Ascertain if what the project sets out to achieve is realistic for the platform they intend to do it on

2. Figure out if the hardware subsystems are even capable

3. Passing the first two check points, develop with an eye on optimisation for a given environment, to give users an "equal or better than" experience

Yes, "perfect world" scenario, but with more and more discering peeps out there, you'd think they'd be a little naive to release something with frame rates lagging/imperfect texture optimisation/mapping and a poor feel, right?

Index: Bail out of this thread whilst you are ahead man. This really is full of stupid. Really stupid.

z

PS: For all those that feel like mentioning the "OHEZ, BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE CRAPPY GAMES THAT ARE THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF A GOOD PORT LIKE YOU HAVE MENTIONED HORSE FACE", don't bother. This is a perfect world scenario, of how things should be.

Next question, is this being developed for console and ported to pc, vice versa, or developed for 360, PS3 and PC simultaneously?

*EDIT* I havent really looked into this game much as I'm trying not to hype it up and I dont wanna know much more than I already know about the gameplay.

The Fact is index, I stated that if it doesnt run well on pc I will get it on console, thats relevant to this thread, half your shit isnt...

Index was acting like an idiot, you weren't bagging out anything, and you most certainly weren't trying to imply that FPS is better than a decent game.

You were simply stating that you expected a reasonable FPS level, so that you could actually enjoy the game, and if you couldn't get that on a PC you'd do it on a console.

Right?

Rob.

So, Far Cry 2 is Keyboard / Mouse compatible?

Yes, if you have one of these: http://gizmodo.com/349652/xfps-mouse-and-k...ailable-for-ps3

There's one for the 360 too.

They're about $100 a pop, probably a lot more since the US dollar has gone up QQ

edit: If I wasn't able to use a keyboard and mouse though, I probably would get it on PC. I don't think using analogue sticks where using joystick to perform what should be an absolute movement makes for the best gameplay. I'm aware auto aim can help, but it's not that I suck at playing fps's using a controller, quite the opposite. I just think it's a fucking retarded thing to do. Wiimote or mouse for me.

I have an 'MS Elite' bluetooth k/b & mouse set paired with my PS3 in the hope I can play FPS with them. Is that going to be an option with Far Cry 2 or do I need to get the adapter to emulate a proper controller?

If I can play it with my bluetooth set I'll be grabbing the game on PS3 since my PC, while decent, is not 'high end' and I cbf replacing my 8800GT after only 10 months..

But yeah... I can't see myself using a PS3 controller for FPS..

Who gives a rats twat, I am getting it on PS3 I seem to enjoy a system that is a media hub, High Definition (Blu-Ray) , a contoller that has rumble, out standing enough graphics, smooth gameplay and a kick ass storyline. I enjoy the nice lounge with a big screen, instead of a pissy little 22 or 24inch computer LCD.

Just out of curiosity, what size screen are your consoles plugged in to these days?

I merely added ps3 sux at the end to bait you retards. It clearly worked.

thats not a good way to reply to people, telling them that you baited them and then calling them retards.

40 inch is big as well, its just that 52 is bigger.

thats not a good way to reply to people, telling them that you baited them and then calling them retards.

Well, I was mainly just hoping for some laughs from index, and i don't think anybody will argue with me stating the obvious about him.

Still you shouldnt bait someone just for laughs because you know it would work. infact you shouldnt bait anyone period, I know i might sound a bit like a hypocrite but ive learnt my ways from the reactions of others.

This thread is just getting worse. Can some of you idiots just shut the hell up? This thread is about the console version of FC2. It is not about keyboard and mouse versus controller. It is not about the PS3 sucking. For fuck's sake.

But at its core it is about controller vs kb/mouse. Read the OP again. Who made you the forum police anyhow? You don't like what you're reading, just click that little X at the top right of your screen.

Still you shouldnt bait someone just for laughs because you know it would work. infact you shouldnt bait anyone period, I know i might sound a bit like a hypocrite but ive learnt my ways from the reactions of others.

Boredom is a powerful motivator.

I have an 'MS Elite' bluetooth k/b & mouse set paired with my PS3 in the hope I can play FPS with them. Is that going to be an option with Far Cry 2 or do I need to get the adapter to emulate a proper controller?

If I can play it with my bluetooth set I'll be grabbing the game on PS3 since my PC, while decent, is not 'high end' and I cbf replacing my 8800GT after only 10 months..

I'm not sure.

I know that games can use USB keyboards and mouses, but not all games do. UT3 does, but Resistance doesn't. I've no idea why more developers don't do it, but meh. The adaptor I mentioned allows you to use your keyboard and mouse with ANY game, it converts the absolute values your mouse gives to the analogue values the PS3 expects and it works really well by all accounts.

Who gives a rats twat, I am getting it on PS3 I seem to enjoy a system that is a media hub, High Definition (Blu-Ray) , a contoller that has rumble, out standing enough graphics, smooth gameplay and a kick ass storyline. I enjoy the nice lounge with a big screen, instead of a pissy little 22 or 24inch computer LCD.

Just out of curiosity, what size screen are your consoles plugged in to these days?

I play on a pissy little 24". I've got a 40" Plasma sitting in my lounge room, but prefer the sharpness of my 24"ers every time except perhaps when watching a movie or TV (even then, it's not too much of an issue, my chair here is comfortable, as is my lounge).

Boredom is a powerful motivator.

Hey, these forums serve a purpose, to talk and discuss, not to be a fool. Just making shit up such as Bait can stay else where. If your here to throw in a line and call people retarded, go elsewhere, we don't want this in our community of Tech enthusists.

RTM'ed

Well, I was mainly just hoping for some laughs from index, and i don't think anybody will argue with me stating the obvious about him.

Nice, just nice, taking the piss out of people, I don't think you will get a very happy response if you were to say it in front of me in real life? Thats what I thought. I don't care if this is what I said is an attack but I am mearly sticking up for myself and these forums. Get lost.

I'm not sure.

I know that games can use USB keyboards and mouses, but not all games do. UT3 does, but Resistance doesn't. I've no idea why more developers don't do it, but meh. The adaptor I mentioned allows you to use your keyboard and mouse with ANY game, it converts the absolute values your mouse gives to the analogue values the PS3 expects and it works really well by all accounts.

I play on a pissy little 24". I've got a 40" Plasma sitting in my lounge room, but prefer the sharpness of my 24"ers every time except perhaps when watching a movie or TV (even then, it's not too much of an issue, my chair here is comfortable, as is my lounge).

Yeah, I'm sorry, I did not mean that, just typing furiosly makes me say things I shoulden't say. Its fine, a screen in wich you can see a picture on is perfect enough, can't expect everyone to have a rear projector setup or 60 - 70inch LCD setup. I have a 22inch for the PS3 and 360. If its anything i would take back, its making fun of screen sizes :( Not everyone has money but for what its worth, I enjoy it for what it is and some people out there have to understand this.

Just because you have a 60inch or 70inch, just means you saved up and worked hard for it and its there for you to enjoy and thats what everyone here has to take into account. Just becuase PC might look slightly better, does not mean we will not enjoy it on the console port, I guess everyone has their pros & cons and everyone here, has to accept that. I myself acted like a dick and I would take anything back that I may have said such as acussing and being an idot.

Just enjoy the game, be happy for what it is and lets get back on the topic, in a civil way, please....

"I will be getting it on PS3, my PC will run it but I would just like to be able to wack in the game and play.... My opinion.

I can't wait until it comes out, looks nice and its massive to free roam. I can't wait to see some of the new visuals to see how much it impacts the story and experince :) Can't wait.

Who made you the forum police anyhow? You don't like what you're reading, just click that little X at the top right of your screen.

The Gods made me that's how.

Trolling will not be accepted, consider this a warning.

Now, let's get back on track shall we.

It would be good if the game had a 2 player Co-Op or 4 player. That would be madness!

tis might actually work well since the game is largely free roam, and then it would be tons better on console. (except for screeners)

This thread is just getting worse. Can some of you idiots just shut the hell up? This thread is about the console version of FC2. It is not about keyboard and mouse versus controller. It is not about the PS3 sucking. For fuck's sake.

But at its core it is about controller vs kb/mouse. Read the OP again. Who made you the forum police anyhow? You don't like what you're reading, just click that little X at the top right of your screen.

What a smacktard.

This ignore function sure is handy.

What a smacktard.

Agreed. As you could see i tried to talk him out of it.

It would be good if the game had a 2 player Co-Op or 4 player. That would be madness!

tis might actually work well since the game is largely free roam, and then it would be tons better on console. (except for screeners)

When playing with up to 2 - 4 players, you focus on your part of the screen but thats if they camp >_> : <_< : ^__^ : V___V : SMACK!