MuZ_DyL

Far Cry 2 - Console Version

I really like it, once the missions get a bit more varied it's more fun. I can see how some people are complaining about the repetitive nature of it. For me personally not so much an issue, and i'm definitely understanding the comparisons to Assassin's Creed style gameplay but i liked Assassin's Creed so maybe i'm just dysfunctional.

End,

Yeah that's what I thought about it too,

Ever since I heard about it, I've been like, Far Cry 'IN' Africa...huh???

It seemed incongruous to say the least...but...meh to it all now :)

mainly I've been waiting for retail to hit and get a few players on this site to have input, and it's happened.

So, now I'm pleased :-)

cheers all

;-p

edt/

And I AM NOT TROLLING here...

But the funny thing is...info about game play came mainly from teh console fourumzz peeplz.

SANYO!

lol

cheers doodz

;-)

I'm seriously starting to think Far Cry 2 is Assassin's Creed in Africa. Lather, rinse, repeat. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I'm trying. I'm trying so, so hard to enjoy this... but... it's all rather... boring.

Granted, firefights and set piece battles can be great fun when they happen. But jesus, spending 10-20 minutes trekking across the map, encountering the same generic guard posts time and time again, the same suicidal jeep drivers who drive straight into you (when they're not going in circles that is), attempting to keep an eye on where you're headed using a map system which almost requires you to be stationary to access properly. Searching for diamonds is fun... the first 10 times. Enemies have the uncanny ability to spot you from a mile away through the thickest terrain, and somehow, their shotguns seem to be effective from the same range!

This is turning into a HUGE disappointment. If you liked Assassin's Creed, you'll LOVE this...

*sigh*

I'm seriously starting to think Far Cry 2 is Assassin's Creed in Africa. Lather, rinse, repeat. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I'm trying. I'm trying so, so hard to enjoy this... but... it's all rather... boring.

Granted, firefights and set piece battles can be great fun when they happen. But jesus, spending 10-20 minutes trekking across the map, encountering the same generic guard posts time and time again, the same suicidal jeep drivers who drive straight into you (when they're not going in circles that is), attempting to keep an eye on where you're headed using a map system which almost requires you to be stationary to access properly. Searching for diamonds is fun... the first 10 times. Enemies have the uncanny ability to spot you from a mile away through the thickest terrain, and somehow, their shotguns seem to be effective from the same range!

This is turning into a HUGE disappointment. If you liked Assassin's Creed, you'll LOVE this...

*sigh*

Im an hour in and i think its cool. Something differant with the genre. But i agree with the AC comparison. This is Awesome fun right up until you realise its the same thing over and over .

I'm getting a bit over watching myself pull a bullet out of my body. It was cool for a while now it's just getting tedious...

The only thing for me that gets really frustrating is running into dudes at checkpoints about every 100m in the far north and south. But then there are alternatives to travel. Try to stick to the main missions and the quests to unlock guns. I find if you stick to main missions it's not so bad. I still am really enjoying it and enjoying the quirks with the plot. It's pretty good imo. Just gets a little relentless but, then would you expect any less from conflict in Africa? I wouldn't. ;)

I'm hanging out from playing for another 3 days. I move into my new place with my new 47" LCD HD tv. Only got a SD at the moment...

Can't wait to actually being able to see the details on screen while playing...

I haven't felt that its like Assassins creed yet.

I am too amazed by the awesome graphics.

I would like it more if the dudes died with like 1 or 2 shots, not 5 trillion

But overall, its fucken awesome.

The only thing for me that gets really frustrating is running into dudes at checkpoints about every 100m in the far north and south. But then there are alternatives to travel. Try to stick to the main missions and the quests to unlock guns. I find if you stick to main missions it's not so bad. I still am really enjoying it and enjoying the quirks with the plot. It's pretty good imo. Just gets a little relentless but, then would you expect any less from conflict in Africa? I wouldn't. ;)

The main missions come from the center town? Where there is a cease fire? Cause atm, i am getting missions from that little joint where there is a gun shop and then there is like a tavern and stuff, just to the south of that town right on the water....if you know what i mean

Mikes Bar, bowlen. Mikes Bar.

Yeah, thats the joint.....but they aint main missions are they?

Pala the town is where you advance the main story, the bar is side missions to increase your reputation and do side missions with your buddies. Noobzor has it right, stick to the main story and the missions to unlock guns if you're not interested in side missions and so forth. Plus judicious use of the bus system also cuts down on alot of the pointless traveling.

Well I reckon Call of Duty 4 is awesome on Xbox 360!

I can't see any difference between the PC version and 360 version... If you prefer keyboard+mouse then you can do the same with xb360 as well...

=D

Far Cry is just amazing!

Mikes Bar, bowlen. Mikes Bar.

Yeah, thats the joint.....but they aint main missions are they?

Yeah they are just side missions. But they get you rep. I'm now up to 56% main quest completion and i'm now well into the second chapter...

I picked up my copy for my 360 yesterday. Had a pretty brief play-through thus far, but I'm having an absolute ball.

The whole African civil war/mercenaries thing's been interesting to me since I saw Blood Diamond, and to play a game in that setting is quite fun!

I bought this pistol from that gun shop at mikes bar, cept i can't see it in that other room where all your purchased firearms are.

so where is it?

well, my xbox just RROD'd....what fun

I am leaving it for today.....does that mean its fucked or if ya leave it for a while, it can get better?

I am leaving it for today.....does that mean its fucked or if ya leave it for a while, it can get better?

Call the MS support line ASAP, their turn around time is quick and it's a pretty painless procedure. RROD doesn't get better, you can towel trick it but it will eventually die again best just to get it repaired.

Call the MS support line ASAP, their turn around time is quick and it's a pretty painless procedure. RROD doesn't get better, you can towel trick it but it will eventually die again best just to get it repaired.

Man, that seems like such a trek!

I know that i will have to do it, but ffs...lol such bad timing!