Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ringers

360 Fifa 2009

Is there anyone else playing Fifa 2009 on the 360. I find it visualy amazing, but playing a game as 'be a pro', i find the game very frustrating. I made a winger and started off in the championship division in England. I find that unless I score or make the assist for the goal the team won't win or even score. I find scoring goals is not easy and the game doesn't give you enough xp points to assign to make you're player any good. Also the camera angles are aweful, you can't focus the camera for entire game on you or you're area.

Has anyone actualy managed to acutally get a high rating and become captain or even get picked for there national team? If you have what tips do you have and what areas did you put you're points into.

Fifa 09 is the first football game I've played in years (probably 06 or 07 on a mate's Xbox original).

Haven't even tried Pro yet, kind of muddling my way through the A-league tournament at the moment...on "Big girl's blouse" difficulty.

I still don't know how to tackle that's not sliding...

Ok, I've gotten the hang of it again I think.

Beating teams by a solid 5 goals in each and every game is getting a bit dull.

Can you increase the difficulty mid-tournament?

Still waiting until I can have a proper side by side comparison of FIFA and PES. This year the distinction is tougher than ever.

PES Demo is out downloading it now and play it tonight after work. There are definatly things in Fifa that piss me off, so i can't wait to play PES and hpoefully it will kick arse over fifa again.

PES09 review - http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/918/918154p2.html

Closing Comments

For all its problems off the pitch, there’s no doubting that PES 2009 is the most fun football game on the market. There’s a nagging feeling that this is merely the game that the past iterations should have been, but there’s no denying that it plays as good a game as ever – which means for the neutral, the choice of which game to pledge their allegiance to is as hard as ever. Ultimately, FIFA wins out thanks to it offering the most comprehensive package, but those who choose to spend the next season in the company of PES won’t be disappointed.

8.5 - Great

FIFA 09 review - http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/913/913467p1.html

Closing Comments

FIFA 09 returns to the pitch full of swagger, and it does its very best to deliver on EA Sport’s promise of creating the definitive football title. An exacting game on the pitch and an overwhelmingly comprehensive one off of it, it’s still got a number of minor niggles that blight the play. But when the package is so vast and offers so much, it’s hard not to be impressed. Is it better than PES? It’s certainly different, and which game you go for this season ultimately depends on what you want from your annual dose of football.

8.9 - Great

Just tried out Fifa 09 on the weekend - initial disappointment was that Be A Pro mode was available for 1 person only in offline mode. Why they did this I don't know - Euro 2008 was the best soccer game i'd played with someone else on the couch as the Be A Pro mode could be played with both people controlling a specific player each.....

Normal gameplay (friend v friend) didn't seem too different to Euro 08, but we didn't play it much & went back to Euro 08 due to point in 1st paragraph.

It's all about positioning. Try to stay in the right position on the field all the time and it's alot easier to get your rating up.