amckern

1 faulty DVD in a box set

I have the season 2 battle star galactica 6 dvd set (picked up from JB around 7 months ago), i have finally got to disk 4, and it keeps stalling in my DVD player, my 2 dvd roms on my home pc, and my DVD rom @ work.

Will the distributors replace the disk for me - if i go back to JB and say, hey disk 4 is not working, i dont expect them to rip open a new season 2 set and say 'here take this disk' - after some cost free advice, and then will consider my options - no visible scratches, or cracks on the dvd, and i also gave it a genital buff with a soft lint free cloth

I had that happen, but in a 10 season box set. It was at JB, and while I wasn't expecting it, they did just rip out discs from a new box.

It's funny that you mention it because I had 1 dvd from Star Trek Voyager S7 that would constantly skip and 1 dvd from Star Trek DS9 S4 doing the same thing.

The return period had expired on both of them so I had to buy a completely new season of each. *sigh*

Edited by Blue Fire

My advice: stand your ground. Be polite but firm. If you still have the receipt, you have a stronger case, without out, you're at their goodwill mercy. If you have the receipt, and they won't help, take it to fair trading.

Dave

and i also gave it a genital buff

You....what?

Firefox spell checker had no idea what i was trying to spell.

Thanks for the advice, i might have to hunt around for a digital copy of the 4 epps that are broken, as i do not have the recipt, and it was a good 7 months ago - i'll go to jb and see what they will do - but i am sure i wont see much action from them.

You....what?

Mine's usually lint free too, unless I leave a tissue in a pocket when I do the laundry.

You....what?

Mine's usually lint free too, unless I leave a tissue in a pocket when I do the laundry.

Works best just after sex.

Nothing like natural lubricants to remove a scratch from a DVD :P

They'll usually just do a swap for a fresh box-set.

I've had a MASH season and a West Wing season with one gimped disc, and JB replaced the whole set both times.

All sorted, was much more easy then i expected, as the department manager opened up a new set, and gave me disk 4 - very happy.

good to hear you got it sorted, but I just had to post, because my experience was so weird, i bought, a box set, alias i believe, got to disc 3, and it started playing a miley cyrus movie, yes her, i was dumbfounded, the disc said alias, all looked legit too, even the writing on the center of the disc said alias, i took it back the next day got a whole new series, also jb-hi-fi

Strange???

Its good to hear other good customer service story's from these guys - lets hope they keep it up over the next few years - not many retailers will swap an entire box set to fix a faulty single disk now days.

I remember I bought how I met your mother season 1 from K-mart and it came with two disc 2 instead of a disc 3. Couldn't be bothered taking it back so just 'pirated' disc 3. Weird things like these do happen.