Sign in to follow this  
jetbuster

+<100 ping on everyday activites

Basically within this week we have been getting at least double our normal pings on vent, CSS or whatever

My brother reckoned it was because of me I scanned with 3 diff anti-virus's and deleted everything they came up with, I have done the drivers basically everything but Modem firmware and attempting to get something out of my ISP (because I know how difficult that is).

Apparently its only when both me and my brother are on otherwise the whole house is fine, if its just me or just my brother. so i was wondering if its something to do with the whole house in win7 or the modem but that's only because win7 default drivers are useless apparently.

Ill try convince every one to get drivers from their different vendors but I don't think there is a way to config our silly tompson modem.

otherwise ideas?

Wireless or Ethernet connection?

everyone's on Ethernet and wireless is turned off :/ do i really have to talk with my isp i hate doing that

I would bet one PC at least has some background app running that is using bandwidth. This could be anything from Windows, AV or software autoupdates to a torrent client running minimised and unnoticed.

As you have done an AV scan or two make sure the same is done on all the other PCs and then run scans with updated Spybot S&D and Malwarebytes free on all the computers.

Might be unrelated, but apparently there was an issue with a fibre cable in sydney which has been affecting some people. Have a look here on whingepool for some more info. This was last week though, so I would assume it would be sorted out now.

Might be unrelated, but apparently there was an issue with a fibre cable in sydney which has been affecting some people. Have a look here on whingepool for some more info. This was last week though, so I would assume it would be sorted out now.

Hes in NZ dude

@Op

Where in NZ are you dude?

I'm on telstra clear in Tauranga, 100< from the exchange and I get pings of up to 800 on NZ servers some times now, the lowest I ever get is around 80, people can't believe I play FPS with such lag.

Post up your speedtest.net