neX

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

The only requirement to be an [AC-DC] clan member was that you are an active member of the Atomic forums AND had an interest in playing semi-formal/formal ladder matches if ever it got to that stage.

Unless I am mistaken...

Thats what I thought, coz I played BF2 with aliali a few times wearing [AC-DC] tags.

Doesnt matter anyway.

Well as far as I can remember you where supposed to apply to the actual clan itself at http://at0mic.12.forumer.com/index.php to play with the tags on.

However given as the clan is basically dead then I don't suppose there is any real problem with it. Just that if randoms (not meaning you nukey) start using the tag we would have no idea who is who.

In the past there was the odd dick who slapped on the clan tags for the fun of it then proceeded to be absolute aresholes on various servers.

From memory a certain rezyn8 was a clan captain (amongst others) so he can say yay or nay. While I still have admin rights on the forum etc I have actually resigned from [AC-DC] to join Lost Division so really I have no actual say in the matter of who has tags or not.

Also LD has closed its BF2 servers but has rented a BC2 one so we still have a clan server.

Wow - I forgot all about those forums! Brings back a lot of memories - 660 posts for me! *sniff*

Even the blog I ran is still up lol (and being spammed to hell I might add!) http://ac-dc.siliconsports.net/

Not much we can do about randoms - not much any clan can do about that.

The natural progression of the clan going from fully active to dead allows itself to be a casual clan that can be administered here - thats my thought on it. I guess that allows us to slut for another clan if they call on us...

Bah I have not even had a chance to decrypt the game and give BC2 a whirl. I am going home now!

I'm not trying to be a tool just a thought, if the old ACDC community is sorta dead you could try making the tag better, more relevant perhaps?

::edit::

Unless the clan was big enough or active enough in its time that ppl might recognise it still i guess.

Edited by Bundywow

A little more on topic... I've been playing BC2 for the past 3 hours on a GA HC Conquest server and it's awesome. I'm loving it.

SO much better than the beta! It feels like MW (the smoothness) but on a larger scale. :)

Also...

ENGINEER FTW! Class is awesome.

Cant log into my EA account and when it finally does accept me it signs me out moments later, I can sustain my connection to dragon age and mass effect with the same EA account....

My comp is DMZ'd so its not port forwarding..

/sigh..

time to spend the night searching known issues...

Anyone else have this issue? I read that's its common on 360 ATM but i see nothing about pc...

Edited by Bundywow

Ah thanks I will check it out, EA's forums and issues have no support at all... I hope it is a temporary problem not isolated to my computer.. It shouldn't be but i will keep searching.

Apparantly they're working on a fix. They were pretty quick with fixing the beta so who knows, you may log on with no problems at all tomorrow.

Just played my first two rounds and its hilarious - pwning neWbs everywhere. And yes I am in a tank! The game runs really well except the bloom - its so overstated its like I am in a snow storm or a nuke has just gone off.

Add me to your friends list: rezyn8

Apparantly they're working on a fix. They were pretty quick with fixing the beta so who knows, you may log on with no problems at all tomorrow.

Yea thanks for the info dude, I'm not one to get all shitty at them if i miss a days play or w/e. I just had to eliminate the possibility of it being local to my pc or network.

I'm just wondering, why in australia does the 360 and pc version come out on the 4th, but the ps3 on the 11th? I went to EB today to buy it but I was told it was coming out on the 11th for the ps3, had to pre-order it.... so sad :(

IDK same happened with a few other multi platform games, It might be something to do with the way on line works over the PSN or w/e.

Hey Guys..

I finally got some time to play the single player last night..

Have to say that Dice have appear to have made some improvements speed wise from the Beta..

I have read some reviews where people don’t really rate the single player component of this game but I have to say it's not to bad so far IMO.

One thing I did notice is when I logged in to the online part of the game all of my weapons, gadgets and XP that I had earned during the Beta were gone.

But no mater just means I will have to earn them again :)

But overall I am enjoying it so far only up to the 3rd mission and I am looking forward to giving it a bit more of a go over the weekend.

It has to be said that in DX11 this game looks great.

I havent noticed the difference between DX11 and DX10 tbh.

Anyway, I really didnt like the SP much, I'll give it another crack one day, but for now the only BC2 I'll be playing will be online.

Dogtags are carried over from the beta but do not count towards badges.

ok so I have worked my way around 1/2 the problem I can now join games BUT my server window doesn't retrieve information properly meaning i have no idea how many players are in each map OR the latency

Is anyone able to give me a short list of the server names so i can add them manually? (specifically ones that have decent ping from East coast Australia)

I know it's a big ask but word is DICE has been working on this fix, as it was known, since during the beta with still no solution so there is no reason to expect a patch is imminent.

How's this game play?

Is it as good as the old 1942 days.

Is it better than BF2? Dunno if I should fork out for a game that I'm not gonna be playing for very long.

TY game arena weren't showing up this morning, basically i havent played any dedicated server FPS's since MWF1 and the good server i remember were like internode, game arena and some NZ servers i was surprised to not find any of them here.

Seems youre just having the same problem as everyone else now. Sometimes only half the servers will show up and you wont be able to join them, a restart usually fixes it.

I havent been able to find any 3fl servers today and could only find a handful of GA ones.

YEA I WORKED OUT THE CONNECTION ISSUE, BUT ALL THE PINGS FOR ALL THE SERVERS IS LIKE "15M (WITH I KNOW IS FAR TOO LOW) or ITS JUST LISTED AS "-"

shit caps ... sry

I really hope its patched soon because that and not being able to tell how many players are in a list or being able to add servers to favourites is really ruining it I spend more than half my time in the server browser.

The problems are being reported on

http://www.softsailor.com/news/19457-battl...h-problems.html

Edited by Bundywow

I'm having the same problems with my server browser, taking forever to load, then not showing the pings etc. I finally get into a game (3FL) and i'm getting so much lag, it's frustrating. The only way I can play is as a sniper, sitting up the back of the maps, because as soon as I get near anyone else the lag just kicks in. It's very frustrating because this game is so fracking awesome I wanna play it without any issues. I dropped the vid quality down and still no respite, I sure hope this gets patched soon!

Only problems I'm having is the server browser taking ages to load, and other times trying to join a game instantly says it can't connect to EA Online (even though I'm signed in fine).

It has only happened twice, though.

Oh and so far... Conquest > Rush. :)