neX

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Only problems I'm having is the server browser taking ages to load, and other times trying to join a game instantly says it can't connect to EA Online (even though I'm signed in fine).

It has only happened twice, though.

Oh and so far... Conquest > Rush. :)

You think so? I prefer rush, I love the changing landscape as you push forward, mixes it up nicely.

I'm not a fan of the constant in your face action.

I like breathing room... plus Rush is too frustrating to play in pub, mostly 'cause I'm always stuck on the HORRIBLE team that couldn't defend a piece of meat from a fly.

Though, tbh, I have only played Rush in the beta... so I might think differently if I play it in the retail game.

The beta has turned me off Rush for now, though.

I'm not a fan of the constant in your face action.

I like breathing room... plus Rush is too frustrating to play in pub, mostly 'cause I'm always stuck on the HORRIBLE team that couldn't defend a piece of meat from a fly.

Though, tbh, I have only played Rush in the beta... so I might think differently if I play it in the retail game.

The beta has turned me off Rush for now, though.

Ahh true it may seem a bit different playing with nubs, my team was kicking ass every round which always helps!!

Certainly enjoying this - Squad Deathmatch is actually pretty cool 4v4.

Anyone notice pay outs to MW2 in the single player?

heart beat sensors and snowmobiles both got bashed lol.

'

haha yes i herd them say that.

--

I can't seem to get past the level where u have to resuce the chopper pilot. I can't get off the ridge after i killed everyone. If i try to go out it says i will get shot etc etc.. I have no idea what to do? Is this a glitch?

Yo Nuke I had to stop using my router and connect straight to the modem AND forward the following ports.

TCP 80,13505,18800,18805

UDP 53,10000,11000-11030,18805

I thought I had my computer DMZ but apparently wasn't set up correctly.

After this i haven't had the unable to connect to EA issue.

Come to think of it the port forwarding shouldn't matter when i bypass the router.

I still get dodgy server browser though and the "disconnected from server issue" but DICE say they are updating the server software very soon to fix that issue.

::Edit::

It appears the problem you were having this morning was global, "EA Online is currently investigating an outage of the servers that affects a number of EA games." from their forums

Edited by Bundywow

Made it to Corporal 2nd Class and picked up my first two badges (Squad Spawn & Squad Assists) last night playing squad deathmatch. I like the four man mini game as it really brings out teamwork to hit the M-COM objectives.

Although, there seems to be a definite hesitancy to use voice in the game. Which can be frustrating.

Have been playing on GA mostly as 3FL has dissappeared off the server browser.

Yea I cant see 3FL either, I don't know what the deal is with GA isn't GA telstra? I am yet to see anyone with sub 100ms.. I was reading chatter last night in a game and they reckon Internode will put some servers up soon.

Yeah, someone told me that earlier. Fuck I just want to have a game, been wanting to play since I installed my i7 930 -.-

Yeah, EA servers have been down all morning from what I can tell.

Sucks, I wanted to have a few games before heading out for the rest of the weekend. :(

I've already played 12 hours of MP over Thursday and Friday night. Loving it.

Yep GA is Telstra - but they seem to have the most reliable servers for Aus atm. I am not restricted by ISP so I'll be on whatever servers are the best/reliable.

One other thing that is annoying is the disconnect at the end of the round - and I presume the loss of stats gained for that round. Luckily the three times this has happened I have had sub 1000 point games, but it is definitely something that needs to be fixed.

'

haha yes i herd them say that.

--

I can't seem to get past the level where u have to resuce the chopper pilot. I can't get off the ridge after i killed everyone. If i try to go out it says i will get shot etc etc.. I have no idea what to do? Is this a glitch?

I went up to the sniper tower on the right across a bridge then just sprinted down the the compound after I sniped everyone and rescued him was fairly straightforward assuming this is the ridge you are talking about cause mine did that to (the mortar bit)

It has been a shaky launch, if the game sucked I would be super pissed. Fortunately the game is rock solid so I am happy to wait for stable on line.. I am still itching to play...

It has been a shaky launch, if the game sucked I would be super pissed. Fortunately the game is rock solid so I am happy to wait for stable on line.. I am still itching to play...

Just hope it doesn't take as long as it did to fix BF2, otherwise you will be waiting a year or two. :-P

Oh god, BF2 1.3 memories - the worst patch ever.

Random server crashes cost me so many awards.

Oh god, BF2 1.3 memories - the worst patch ever.

Random server crashes cost me so many awards.

Oh ye, a mate got his vet heli badge at least 4 times before it "stuck".

/fun times, not.

Does anyone happen to have an Australian favourites list they can post from their GameSettings.ini ?

Edited by confined

Nope, favourites doesnt seem to work at the moment anyway.

This is so fucked, I havent been able to get a proper game since yesterday morning.

Either getting end of round DCs or just cant connect at all. These connections issues come in all flavours. Server Full when it shows up as being half empty, no dialogue at all, double click a server to connect, it sits there connecting for a moment then does nothing, or just the random lost connection issue. Really giving me the shits.

Also have a weird problem since upgrading to my i7 and reinstalling windows, every time i get into a server (or sp for that matter) I get around 5fps and the screen goes brown (I can still see the UI) so I have to alt tab and then it works fine until I load up another map/level. Cant seem to find any problems on google, although it seems to be crossfire related because it doesnt happen when I disable one of my cards.

I've played for 3.5hrs straight this morning and I'm having a ball.

Was not able to exceed 5FPS @ 800x600 with everything set to off or low last night.

E6600, GTX260+, 4GB RAM

Resolved by overclocking CPU to 3.5GHz. Now I get 60FPS+ constantly.

I love the game as well . Yes it has a number of pain in the ass bugs , but , they will fix them . My game used to crash a fair amount of times . So decided to force directx 10 instead of having on auto , and the game has stabilised a fair bit . Crashed twice in a 3-4 hour session . So getting there .

Yea favourites doesn't work for me either. Nuke i have heard some people get better success with backdated drivers with ATI.