neX

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I am using the 10.2s on Vista64 bit with no issues once I fixed the "can't see through the mounted gun window" problem.

For that the fix is to add FOV=xx to the end of the settings.ini file

Where xx is a number greater than 60.

Well except for a CTD this arvo after an hour or two of play.

Card is an HD 4850 512Mb and settings.ini is

[WindowSettings]

Width=1680

Height=1050

Fullscreen=true

RefreshRate=59.883251

VSync=false

[sound]

Quality=low

VoipEnable=true

[Graphics]

Effects=medium

Soldiers=medium

Vehicles=medium

Overgrowth=medium

Undergrowth=medium

StaticObjects=medium

Terrain=medium

Shadows=medium

Bloom=false

HSAO=false

MSAA=0

Water=medium

MainQuality=medium

Texture=high

DxVersion=Auto

Aniso=0

Detail=medium

Fov=65

Hmm, might roll back to 10.1s later on. I get 80+ FPS after I alt tab in and out, but its just annoying having to do so each time I want to play.

For some reason this game refuses to work for me.

It gets through random stages of downloading the update before it loses a connection to the server. And if I try and play without downloading the update it magically is unable to connect to the internet because it's trying it's own damn thing.

And yet the beta worked just fine....

I might have to try the 7 day return policy at EB.

Going back to Cat 10.1s didnt fix anything. Its so fucking weird, it worked fine after installed my i7 and stuff, only started screwing up when I reinstalled windows.

I'm probably missing a program of some kind, but I got no idea what, I've installed everything that comes with BC2, even went as far as re downloading dx11 and the vc redist in 32 and 64 bit format.

I'm stumped.

Nuke,

Does the water flash on certain levels like in the beta? I still get random flashing on windows and water but I thought this crossfire problem was to be fixed when the retail came out. Its only on certain levels which is strange.

I also was getting random crashes and kicks from the servers, I manually updated Punkbuster and didnt get any kicks or crashes last night after that.

Edited by gamble

Yeah, it does gamble. Water and Windows flash on some of the levels, although they werent doing it before I reinstalled windows.

Not sure if it has been mentioned (CBF reading back through the thread) but it is recommended to uninstall the Beta if you still have it and to delete any left over folders. When I uninstalled the Beta it left behind a folder with about 20Mb or so of files in it.

Hi,

Just a quick question as I got the game on PC but haven't yet install it. But on opening the package I didn't find a disk installation key code??, so does that mean this one won't need one to install? Or is it missing from my package?

The game I got is sealed from EB so I assume no installation key required, if that's the case it's quite uncommon these days. Thanks.

Hi,

Just a quick question as I got the game on PC but haven't yet install it. But on opening the package I didn't find a disk installation key code??, so does that mean this one won't need one to install? Or is it missing from my package?

The game I got is sealed from EB so I assume no installation key required, if that's the case it's quite uncommon these days. Thanks.

I got the game through steam and it definatly has a key code. Mine had two, one for the game and one the pre order bonus gear.

Hi,

It's printed on the back of the manual.

Can I link the game to my steam?

Still waiting on postage! Its driving me nuts.

Well just finished SP. It was frustrating and buggy and not nearly as polished as it could have been. I haven't played much MP yet so I'm hoping that can redeem it for me.

Well just finished SP. It was frustrating and buggy and not nearly as polished as it could have been. I haven't played much MP yet so I'm hoping that can redeem it for me.

It should if you enjoy BF type games, this game (for me atleast) feels as tho BF finally came together well in MP, its always been great but now its superb, my old quarms is the shooting aspects never felt smooth like the CoD games they always felt a little stiff now its fluent just like other shooters.

Map design I felt used to lack in BF games too but they hit the nail on the head in BC2 not many maps but they are all well made with plenty of room for all play styles.

As for single player tho, this is one of those games that is only worth it if you intend on playing MP, it was the focus of its design, the SP campaign really was just a token gesture I felt, they could have gotten away with not even including one IMO..

Edited by Bundywow

plenty of room for all play styles.

Obviously not played when half or more of the opposite team are sniper campers. And to me that is all some of them must play as they seem to have most if not all the sniper unlocks already.

Hopefully those types will et sick of it soon and go back to CS or CSS.

I have all the unlocks for snipers, if everyone is sniping you shouldn't have any trouble wining the map because all points except a very few have very good cover. If everyone is sniping dont play for kills play for objectives. Also Snipers cant handle vehicles very well.

The last few online games I've played have been really good, rarely seen many snipers, anyway my PC is dead, so looks like I'll be sticking my 5850s in my missus' pc to get my battlefield on this week =(

Yep, just found out the serial code at the back of my manual. Kind of confusing as so many codes, the limited edition code, the extra AK74u code from preorder, then the installation code. Also for any one who might be interested, there is a card saying BF 1943 is coming soon on PC, price is $US15.

I'll be interested in 1943 - will keep an eye out for that.

Am now Sargent II (Level 12) - it has been getting a little frustrating with the lack of team balance and playing against a plethora of people who are level 25+ and their overpowered weapons! But I have 85 dog tags in the collection though!

I havent found balance issues anywhere near as bad as MW2 or even BF2 for that matter.

I'm levelling up slowly, only been able to get a few hours play in due to the server issues and now I'm re-downloading it on my GFs PC.

Anyone feel like adding me to friends? nukejockey.

Cheers.

Leveling up is considerably easy with the squad rewards and weapons rewards. 100 resupplies/heals/repairs/spots/etc and bang there is 5000 pts. Moral of the story: Stay with your squad and help each other out. One of the reasons why I really like this game -their is more teamwork in this with the extra reward you get for help your squad mates rather than others. EG you 10 pts normally for a heal but a squad mate gives you 20. Same goes for everything else.

And even if you can't get the shot - hit that Q button to spot so someone else can nail em - you get points for it as well. Would like to see if there is any macro scripting that does this automatically.

Badges: http://badcompanytwo.com/news-post/bad-com...ayer-insignias/

I jumped into a server the other day, and was put into a squad, anyway one of them was in a tank (was on panama canal) so i stood behind it repairing for around a minute until it eventually blew up, ended up with 340 points and being on top of the leader board just from repairs.

30 points every 5 seconds for squad repair.

I'm about to unlock the Uzi for it, have 3 RPGs, shit loads of guns, the 4x scope and red dot sight, what else is there to unlock?

Also, is the uzi classed as a pistol or SMG?