neX

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I'm about to unlock the Uzi for it, have 3 RPGs, shit loads of guns, the 4x scope and red dot sight, what else is there to unlock?

Also, is the uzi classed as a pistol or SMG?

Uzi is SMG... there's two guns after the Uzi, I think.

PP2000 or something, and the UMP45.

On another note... 32 players is really beginning to shit me.

The maps feel too small for it (Conquest), especially on hardcore - which is all I play.

I tried playing normal mode, and I put an entire clip into a guy who wasn't moving, switched to my pistol, to fire 2-3 shots and have him turn around and run at me and knife me in the face.

It's disgusting the amount of bullets people can take... it's like they're a sponge, just soaking them all up.

There needs to be more 20 player hardcore servers.

16 feels too scarce, but 32 is too full on (plus there's like 8 million snipers and you can hardly walk from one side of the map to the other without being shot at from 50 different directions at once).

The game is really starting to give me the shits.

Hmm yeah I've had times where I had to shoot people a million times, and 20p seems to be the sweet spot for most conquest matches.

Hardcore shits me sometimes too, I'd prefer it if it had a map, but no visual indicators on screen for when people get spotted, put a tank on the map, but not on screen if someone spots it, gives you a general indication of where the tank is, but not an exact location.

Its a bit gay being behind a big smoke cloud in a tank, but everyone can see you because you've been spotted.

The game is really starting to give me the shits.

Yep only played a couple of hours and already getting to the point of not bothering any more.

Not being a hardcore BF2 fan, I guess I'm seeing this game differently to you guys.

Really liking it, a lot more than BF2 actually. Although sometimes the infantry combat leaves me feeling a bit hard done by. Most Aussie servers have been giving me a pretty high ping though, which is an absolute pain in the ass when it comes to shooting people.

Got my first gold pin tonight too, shortly followed by another one.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the game... but I seem to enjoy it much more when there's 16-20 players, rather than 32.

Things just get a bit too crazy with that many people in a game.

It worked well in BF2 (32p)... but the maps were also much larger, and less focused. I had the same issue with 64 player games in BF2, actually.

Far too chaotic.

I've played about 25 hours so far, and I intend on playing more... but I think I'll be paying GameArena and Internode forums a little visit and requesting 20 player hardcore servers.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the game... but I seem to enjoy it much more when there's 16-20 players, rather than 32.

Things just get a bit too crazy with that many people in a game.

It worked well in BF2 (32p)... but the maps were also much larger, and less focused. I had the same issue with 64 player games in BF2, actually.

Far too chaotic.

I've played about 25 hours so far, and I intend on playing more... but I think I'll be paying GameArena and Internode forums a little visit and requesting 20 player hardcore servers.

FYI Gamerhub has four 16p & 24p servers, so they're an option - ping should be ok from across the ditch (not that it matters as DICE appears to have given us hitreg!!! :D)

Hi all,

Just started playing online and i have a question.

How to i heal other players as the medic, drop health packs or revive them?

How do i repair vechiles and build stuff?

All i seem to be able to do is pick a class and shoot stuff; the medic doesn't have a medi kit, the engineer doesn't have a spanner. I'm a virgin when it comes to the BF series can someone give me some pointers =D

Before you can get each classes special ability (Assault - Ammo Box, Engineer - Repair Tool, Medic Health Kit and Defibs) You need to level them, around 1400 points for first engi/assault/medic level.

Most Aussie servers have been giving me a pretty high ping though, which is an absolute pain in the ass when it comes to shooting people.

EA Support

We are currently experiencing several issues related to DICE's attempts to increase Battlefield: Bad Company 2 server capacity across the board. This may be impacting your game if you were previously able to play the game successfully but are now experiencing:

* trouble connecting to an EA Account,

* trouble connecting when you click to join a server,

* server browsers that are:

o too slow,

o displaying inaccurate numbers relating to the number of players connected on game servers,

o displaying no ping,

* high pings even on local game servers,

* stats temporarily being reset after disconnecting,

* a repeat prompt for your serial number when attempting to reconnect to your profile,

* buddy list not displaying properly,

* or favorite list not displaying properly.

Please remain patient as we work to resolve our capacity issues and to make Battlefield: Bad Company 2 an enjoyable experience for all of our players.

I am atleast glad the things that are wrong with mine are recognised and as such [presumably] being worked on.

But once I'm in a game I just don't leave the server until I am finished my session, easy fix :P.

Hey lets talk about the game.

I have put in probably a good 30 or so hours I have about 800 kills 600 of which would be sniper kills.

IMO the best sniper rifle is the GOL magnum for its high accuracy for those LONG range marksman head shots a close second is the M24, I never use the 50cal. I think its pointless. The SVU is decent for mid range sniping as the rate of fire being semi Auto and it being silenced is a big help in closer quarters.

My longest range head shot so far is 99[i wonder if 99 is max?] marksman points so 1 bullet was worth 50 + 10 + 99 = 159. I have however also gotten a 84 point marksman head shot that was also a saviour kill so it was worth into the 200's.

I am now starting to play as Assault and looking forward to the G3 which I think will be my weapon of choice. Anyone unlocked all of the assault rifles? What is your fave and why?

I am looking for something accurate with stopping power I don't really care about rate of fire as I feel even the slowest AR has a fast enough rate of fire.

Edited by Bundywow

I've clocked around 15 hours now, got a couple of hundred kills.

Got my 5k Engineer pin last night for 100 repairs and got my squad assist pin today (which I think is for 200 squad assists?)

In one round I got a total of 10788 (including the award score) Which trumped my previous best of 8500 or something.

I think my K:D Ratio at the moment is around 1.3, not great, but atleast its not negative.

yea thats cool, Engineer and Medic are the 2 classes i haven't touched. I like how Eng has SMGs, they will be my next class.

(plus there's like 8 million snipers).

I called this months ago. The game is chock full of kids under 16. And they act it. Not really the kind of people I want to be playing with. I have to say that I dont think Im going to bother with this and instead wait (patiently and hopefully) for the next real battlefield game to come out. Which hopefully shouldnt be long as EA/DICE has a nice cash injection now from all those that have bought Bad Company 2.

I have played a few hours of every class and pretty much only enjoy being an Engineer.

My team always seems to ignore tanks, by hiding and waiting for someone to run across their screen to snipe. So being an Engineer with a decent close combat SMG and some rockets is by far the most effective class to win in Conquest.

After turning BC2 down to DirectX9 and turning my graphics up, the flare of the rounds exiting the Assault classes rifle is too much of a distraction, making keeping your enemy in sight impossible.

The Medics LMG's are horrible, even in hardcore. I find myself using the massively overpowered pistols instead. Also, having to unlock the Medkit and Defib - What the fuck!?.

Snipers just seem to annoy me more than anything. The only way they're fun is by rushing with one - which always ends the same. Dying.

Edited by viremia

philo-sofa, I checked out the GamerHub servers, and none of them are hardcore.

I refuse to play normal mode.

Never managed to get into the bf type online shooters. I bought Vietnam and BF2 when they came out but the infantry just sucked donkey balls.

So to continue my frustration, I just bought this from JB HiFi for $85. Main question I got is whats the difference between 'normal' and 'hardcore' servers?

Hardcore, you have no HUD, and people can be taken down with a short burst of fire.

Normal mode, you have full information, full HUD, and enemies take near-entire clips to kill.

You have a hud in hardcore still, but theres not much on it.

I still think hardcore is retarded though, no HUD but you still get onscreen displays of tanks and infantry =/

So the hardcore servers' seem the go then.

p.s. This will sound like a really stupid question, but ; where the hell does the server browser tell you what your ping is to the servers???? I've only had a few minutes in one game and I can't even see my ping in-game!

Help a nub out please :p

Couldn't connect for a few hours tonight, but by about 8:00pm QLD time was able to get one for a couple of hours, and have to say its nice to have about 10 rounds with no problems, server dropouts, CTD's and the like. Was pure joy. If they can keep this up I will have no problems wasting many hours on this game.

+1 for whatever they fixed today on the server side, but I hope they don't forget to fix the shitty arse ingame server browser in the first patch, because that thing is utter shite!