neX

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

The update last night wiped my friends list, at least it didn't wipe any stats.

Couldn't connect for a few hours tonight, but by about 8:00pm QLD time was able to get one for a couple of hours, and have to say its nice to have about 10 rounds with no problems, server dropouts, CTD's and the like. Was pure joy. If they can keep this up I will have no problems wasting many hours on this game.

+1 for whatever they fixed today on the server side, but I hope they don't forget to fix the shitty arse ingame server browser in the first patch, because that thing is utter shite!

We all had the same issue; The servers went down for maintenance.

OfficialBFBC2 Twitter:

EA servers will be reset tomorrow morning at 8:00 GMT/9:00 CET/Midnight PST for maintenance.

Edited by viremia

Man this game is soo buggy. Not enjoying it at this stage. The update also stuffed up the loading screen in between games that shows your level up progress for the class's. Mine just sits as a blank page now. So much need's to be refined, I'm just going to wait a few weeks then try again. Oh well back to MW2 and all it's problems!(but at least i get to actually play it!)

Interesting, I havent had any trouble getting into games for the past couple of days, was terrible at launch, but theyre slowly fixing it.

Look on the bright side, at least this time DICE are actually fixing things... unlike BF2... which took 4 years to fix (and it's still not quite 100%).

Its slowly getting better, it was a dodgy launch but progress is being made and there are fixes for most of the problems.

It seems the crossfire problem hasnt been fully fixed for me still, only on certain maps though, water/windows all flash weirdly =/

I tried playing Rush tonight... I'm really trying to like it, but it... it's just not possible.

I played about 6 maps, both sides... and the only one I liked was some jungle-type map with a lighthouse.

It's so... boring... just run and gun on a focused area.

Yawn.

Has anyone been lagging today?

For the past 12 hours its been glitchy.

I try to draw a pistol it draws it for 2 seconds and goes back to the main weapon. And when i crouch i sometimes move left a little bit. BC2 was not doing this the other day...

Man, I played so badly tonight.. IDK whats wrong with me I think im too tired. Might watch some movies instead.

lol, I joined a server today, Jumped in a heli with some dude, blue up a tank then a heli, then another tank all within 30 seconds of each other, 1280 points in one foul swoop, woo!

Been playing on the Old Farts servers - good fun - up to rank 13 now.

My friends list was wiped witht he recent server update - so add me again please!

Been playing on the Old Farts servers - good fun - up to rank 13 now.

My friends list was wiped witht he recent server update - so add me again please!

Who are you?

if you want to add me i am eat_the_flag

im lovin the game. The only issue I have is what everyone else has (obviously) and that's the browser. I will get about 10 servers within playable ping and the rest in the hundreds. Not all australian servers are showing up.

Is there a reason for that besides shit browser or can I add something in?

I tend to play on Game arena 1 and or game arena 24.

because I still cant see ping and i have no idea what other servers are local and what ones aren't.

I must say if someone wasn't mildy computer savy this game would be a nightmare.

im lovin the game. The only issue I have is what everyone else has (obviously) and that's the browser. I will get about 10 servers within playable ping and the rest in the hundreds. Not all australian servers are showing up.

Most of the servers dont show a ping at all.

I usually look for the ones that start with AU, Gamearena, 3FL etc. sort by name.

hey is there a symbol in front of 3FL? cause it is never on my list.

At least not where the number 3 begins.

Most of the servers dont show a ping at all.

I usually look for the ones that start with AU, Gamearena, 3FL etc. sort by name.

OHHHH!

I have been sorting by ping and just looking for the low ping ones.

sweet thanks I will take a peak tonight :D

I was reading last night (and it worked too) to make the server browser scan take from 4 mins down to about 8 seconds. Turn all filters on. tick all the boxes for ranked, not full, not empty, not password,punkbuster and the search is done almost straight away. apparently there is a bug which makes it looop for ages until it times out or something.