neX

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Will be getting when I have the dosh :)

Just get Win7 x64 - its awesome - much better than XP.

That's debatable. It absolutey sucks for what I use my PC primarily for (music production).

Posted Image

My squad score is really low for my rank and total score because I join an empty group and lock it. Mostly because half my play is as a sniper and let me tell you how annoying it is to have a Medic spawn on you when you are hiding and start firing sustained LMG fire from your position OR an engineer and start launching rockets from your position it's a great way to be counter sniped or assault rushed.

I'm in representing the old school days of AC-DC! Won't be on that much with Uni taking off but I will be every now and then,

In game nick is AverageCowboy

See you in there!

GB

Not really you have a very high score per minute, a very high win loss ratio and post positive KD ratio..

God you guys play alot!

I've had the last 2 weeks off basically and I havent played it over 15 hours yet! :P

I have had it since release and haven't played it yet !!!!!

Posted Image

My KDR is moving up spend too much time rushing in hahaha

My KDR is up around 1.33 now. The last 5 games I had I had some mad KDR stats.

Something like 3.33, 4, 2.5 and 5, lol.

Last one was 20 kills, 4 deaths.

I'm thinking of maybe getting this game this week but I keep reading about servers going down for "maintenance" an "hardware upgrades". I know it has dedicated servers but what's the deal here?

There are some major problems with the EA online servers, the ones used to authenticate accounts, update stats etc.

The server browser is also fucked. Its getting better and should be fixed soon. Its still entirely possible to get a game so dont let it deter you from buying magnumxy

There are some major problems with the EA online servers, the ones used to authenticate accounts, update stats etc.

The server browser is also fucked. Its getting better and should be fixed soon. Its still entirely possible to get a game so dont let it deter you from buying magnumxy

Ah so your account is hosted on EA servers but you play the game on dedicated ones.

Sounds good.

anyone know how to make a private server hosted from your machine? cause I sure as hell can't find a way to, for all the talk from them about MW2 sucks cause of matchmaking at least I could make a private server....

Not sure you can... you have to pay to host servers, and be approved for it and have DICE/EA send you a dedicated server package, iirc.

Otherwise visit hosting sites and pay for one there.

Given it a good thrash this afternoon since I picked it up.

Great game, liking the sound design and overall feel to it. Combats got that whole "Battlefield clunk" thing going on at first (handles very differently to CoD or TF2 for example) but once you pick it up, you slip right back into the groove ;)... that is if you've played Battlefield games before.

Blowing the shit out of things is cool, as is pwning noobs and the knifing ability feels pretty damn solid.

My only gripe is, I'm not sure what sort of longetivity it's got going for it. Like I said, I only picked it up this afternoon and have played it for say the last 6 or so hours and although it's been great and it feels pretty darn good, I just feel a little over it, I spose. You know, that type of "over it" where it's still fun and everything but it's like "Yeah, ok, I've done that a thousand times, there's nothing much for me to do save repeating the same things I've been doing for the last few hours or so" which isn't entirely a bad thing because I know I'll keep coming back to it and that I can jump in whenever I'm bored and feel like shooting some stuff up (in a fucking loud awesome way, which this game really delivers) but on the whole, it isn't as compelling as I thought it would be.

Still, it's nice to play a game that actually feels like a Battlefield game from the days of old again, and this certainly does.

GB

Ah so your account is hosted on EA servers but you play the game on dedicated ones.

Sounds good.

-.-

Its for account keys and ranks, no other way to do it mate. Atleast if your computer dies you wont lose your ranks :P

Just incase anybody is still using 'hi-fi' as their sound options... change that shit right now. :P

what will make this game last is team work.

me and a few mates last night jumped on vent and took over a sever. there was 8 of us!

in both rush and conquest we were dominating and pulling wicked scores out! so much fun storming the enemys base and taking their gunship heh