Sign in to follow this  
donnaGEM

Debilitating Illnesses ... Got Any?

donna - considered hash cakes?

Seriously.

Heh, my uncle had cancer a few years ago and went through the whole chemo process. After he died, my folks were doing a bit of a working bee to clean up their garden, my old man and i found a little 2.5 foot plant in the back of one of the gardens. Turned out he'd started growing his own ready for the next round of chemo. Pity he never made it that far.

donna - considered hash cakes?

Seriously.

Heh, my uncle had cancer a few years ago and went through the whole chemo process. After he died, my folks were doing a bit of a working bee to clean up their garden, my old man and i found a little 2.5 foot plant in the back of one of the gardens. Turned out he'd started growing his own ready for the next round of chemo. Pity he never made it that far.

And I never knew that. I read that post before and only just realised it was you who'd written it!!!

Well there ya go!

Kimmo: I'd be too worried about how it'd feel coming back up. I've seriously developed a phobia of eating food for fear of the chucking that follows. I even throw up when I've had nothing to eat at all and it's doing my head in! Majorly!

Not to mention the fact I went hurling the other day the second my Dad lit up a regular cigarette in the same room as me - that was nasty!

Not to mention the fact I went hurling the other day the second my Dad lit up a regular cigarette in the same room as me - that was nasty!

What the hell was he thinking lighting up inside with you there?

Sheesh sounds like he needs some instructions on smoking etiquette.

Sorry to hear you are having another rough pregnancy, but hopefully it will be worth it for you and Zeph.

ali

What the hell was he thinking lighting up inside with you there?

Sheesh sounds like he needs some instructions on smoking etiquette.

Sorry to hear you are having another rough pregnancy, but hopefully it will be worth it for you and Zeph.

ali

He had a brain lapse - he's usually pretty good but sat down at home in his comfy chair and just naturally lit up. As soon as I gave him the glare he was up and out of the room but it was too late by then, I was already bringing up my lunch :) Fun fun for all!

DonnaGEM that sounds terrible. Just focus on the birth and when you get to hold your new baby.

One of my cousins had identical twins. As she neared term her health deterioted and they put her in to hospital. But her health continued to deteriorate, she suffered liver failure, renal failure etc. They decided to air lift her from the country hospital to Melbourne. On the chopper flight she died twice but they managed to revive her. When she got to Melbourne she was able to give birth and recover. She had a rare condition whereby the babies take so much from the mother late in term that the mother starts to die. She is fully recovered now and the twins are fine. My cousin goes to see people who develop the same condition. I hope this story can give you some strength.

As for me my debilitating conditions include Depression, Insulin Dependant Diabetes, Sleep Apneoa and a few other things.