Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrInsaneBuff

Good Proxy Host suggestions please.

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Well the media ran a rather scary story today. Which has me looking for a good secure proxy host service. Appreciate any suggestions which could be provided.

If possible i would like to use the proxy for only one kind of traffic and run everything else through my normal ISP host. Unless there is a proxy host suggested which is extreamly secure.

I was wondering the same thing a little while ago.

I was looking for something ~AUD$5 a month, and with at least 12GB of quota. Preferably more.

I'd also be curious to see HTTP-proxy-supporting-direct-connections, rather than full blown VPNs.

Rob.

Edited by robzy

i dont get this:

AFACT spokeswoman: ""If (the ISPs) say the IP address is ours, we can see what file people were sharing, what time, how long and how much they downloaded.... "

if the IP address is whose?

Guest MrInsaneBuff

One that belongs in that ISP's address range. As in TPG's IP address range is different to Bigponds, which are different to Optus.

yeah, i know about address ranges. the sentence still makes little sense to me.

which should it be:

"If (the ISPs) say the IP address is ours, we can see what file people were sharing, what time, how long and how much they downloaded.... "

a)

meaning: if the ISPs tell AFACT that an IP address is AFACT's.....no wait, that makes no sense coz AFACT wouldnt be downloading and trying to bust themselves....

b)

meaning: if the ISPs tell AFACT that an IP address is owned by that ISP....no wait....why would an ISP tell them anything of the sort when a whois look up would take care of that for AFACT....

c)

it should in fact read:

"The ISPs say "If the IP address is ours, we can see what file people were sharing, what time, how long and how much they downloaded.... "."

meaning: it wasnt actually a quote from the AFACT spokeswoman, and just shitty article writing.

d) ?

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Its shitty writing yes, but AFACT seem to be admitting that they are monitoring peoples connections and the content they are consuming based on IP addresses seen on the tracker lists, once they have an ISP confirm that it is a real IP address offered by that ISP to one of their customers.

IMHO AFACT are full of shit, as usual. The story smacks of scaremongering, they would be hard pressed to find an ISP who would confirm any IP address to an outside party, let alone do anything about any alleged copyright breach.