dinos22

Gigabyte H55/H57 IGP comp. Win a X58A-UD7 or just enter for lucky draw P55A-UD7 board

Hi guys

Gigabyte & HWBOT are hosting a competition for the month of March.

The competition is dead easy to enter. You will get a chance to win a top of the range X58A-UD7 board worth about $450.

Posted Image

If you dont think you can win these comp you are still in the chance to get a lucky draw prize just by entering a result

......and come away with a P55A-UD7 which is worth $400 :D

Posted Image

Here is all the info you need to know about so jump on HWBOT, become a member, run a vantage score

and upload it on the site and sit back till 31st March when the competition will close.

http://hwbot.org/competition/gbt_h55_h57?tab=info

Cheers

Dinos22

Dino you need to let people know that you are working for Gigabyte, otherwise there is a conflict of interest you are not disclosing to everyone and it's not really fair.

er....you ought to get more familiarised with their products/promotions - it says in 'about the competition':

'So, here is the challenge. Using any GIGABYTE H55/H57 motherboard, submit to HWBOT your 3DMark Vantage performance score in March and the highest posted scorer at the end of the competition will get to take home a shiny new GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD7 motherboard. There is a second prize category as well for anyone submitting a score with HWBOT with an included picture of their system. A single winner will be randomly selected from the submissions (only those with platform picture) at the end of the competition to win a GA-P55A-UD7. Good luck everyone, now get busy breaking some records!

GIGABYTE H55/H57 IGP OC Challenge is open for submissions until 31 Mar. '

so, the majority of ppl here won't be able to enter.

(at least that's how I've read it)

:|

Had a look the winners so far aren't looking to good. But we need a gigabyte board.

Hi guys

i didnt realise i was breaking some forum rule. I did specify that Gigabyte is holding this competition.

if it's stepping on someone's toes please close it no problems :)

Dino

Gigabyte AU

Edited by dinos22

may be harder than you think not sure what my gpu clock is at the moment just pulled the 4870x2 and did a quick run at my stable speeds 4.3ghz

P613 3DMarks doubt very much i will get the gpu from ~700mhz up to the 1300mhz+ needed

edit so err what is a safe v for for the igp?

well i managed a pitiful 818 points 4.42ghz 1.36v ~1226mhz gpu ram 840mhz 7-8-6-24-88-1t 1.4v

igp wouldnt go any higher or 3dm would just black screen but then i realized stock v was 1.164 not 1.64v i had it at 1.74v oops but it still lives and when i backed it off to 1.36v there was artifacts all over descktop so it needs a bit more than that

currently 24c here some cooler weather may help

bah i get 906 points look back and im still in third place dam them better scores :)

may have found a way past the 4.4\4.6ghz limit at 1.35v with my cpu though :)

Edited by Dasa

Go hard dasa kicking everyones ass

the MOST important thing is to push the IGP clocks

it's not important to have top CPu clocks...just use a reasonable OC on CPU but push the IGP harder if need to

try going even higher on QPI link speed and see if it does something.........i know that it helps memory intense benchmarks but havent really tested for 3D

i love those system pics on HWBOT dude....very nice

thanks guys

was feeding the igp ~1.7v to get that dont think it had much left in it made a mistake with reported speed though it was only at 790 x 205 so ~1.22ghz nice increase over 733mhz

qpi was set to max multi 46 or something is it? in bios it was reporting ~9000mhz cpu-z seems to show it at about half that so the only way to get it higher is to raise bclk

dont suppose you know any tricks for a higher bclk? vtt isnt helping anymore currently i cant get over 210 with any stability and to get it to even boot over 210 i have to half the qpi which hurts performance to much

im guessing a high memory speed will help the igp speed a fair bit to

had the aircon drop room temps to 15c for that run also managed 8.9 spi while i was at it

certainly a fun cpu :)

few more picks om the build here if you want to take a peak

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=27574

Edited by Dasa

Can we use phase change dinos?

i didnt see any rule against it

im just waiting to see when the ln2\dry ice guys get going

Can we use phase change dinos?

i didnt see any rule against it

im just waiting to see when the ln2\dry ice guys get going

Yea thats what I was thinking. I might wait till the end of the month and see instead of buying a H55 board I don't need to win an X58 board I also don't need :P

There is also a chance to win the P55 board just for entering but yeah you have to weigh up if it's worth money to do this....or to buy one do the comp and sell it for $30 less or something........

ive entered lots of comps and spent a hell of a lot more money than the prizes were ever offered cause when you start using LN2 or burn a few GFX cards or cherry RAM or CPUs you are going into red territory HARd hahahah but hey that's part of the "charm" or not for some ppl heheh

still its got to be nice knowing you are like one of the top 10 overclockers in the country even if it does cost a fortune :P

well a day and a half later and i have finaly been beat bit of an insult that there still on air but they do have better gear

congrats to bennylodewijk

Edited by Dasa

he just has slightly faster GPU clocks matey

push your sideport memory more if you can

i am just playing with the new Gigabyte 890GX AMD based board lol....vantage is a lot worse....around 4xx points all stock hahaha

looks like 32bit vista is required to continue any further in this comp and all i have is 32bit xp and 64bit vista\win7

i guess thats how they get from ~900-1400 points anyway

Edited by Dasa

Something to do with directX and running under a different mode in X64 is what I was always told so all my benchmarks have always been run on 32bit vista/XP and it does make a ~500point difference.

Edited by nesquick