Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Chaos.Lady

XSLT and XHTML help needed

Okay, I think I've got the XSLT file generating valid XHTML and using my CSS stylesheet (which is what it's supposed to be doing).

Problem is that I can't get this to work in firefox. It seems to work fine in IE, but firefox doesn't seem to want to use the CSS, nor does it seem to be generating the valid XHTML.

Is there something simple I could be doing wrong? I'll put up the code if needed (not that it will probably mean much), but just wanted to know if I was overlooking something simple.

How are you doing the transform, are you proving an XSL as a stylesheet attribute of the XML document or are you using some kind of server side language to convert it?

Is it publicly accessible?

Have you tried Opera/ Safari/ Chrome?

Which version of FF? Have you tried any earlier/ more recent?

Yep. The XSL is a stylesheet in an XML document using the XSLT to transform it into valid XHTML. No server side anything, all being done locally.

Haven't tried the other browsers yet, but I will do tomorrow.

I'm using the latest version of FF. I'll have a look around and see if I have an earlier version somewhere to try it on.

all client side? Javascript? Work in IE only?

Sounds like your using and active X object (msxml) to do the transformation which FF does not support.

You will need 2 version one for FF and one for IE etc.

Seeing the code and the errors that are being produced would be helpful. I'd done similar things before for various projects.

A. call the xslt file using a .xml file extension.

B. if that has any problems the mime could be required to be text/xml on the stylesheet element too.

Edited by nicephotog-jvm.net