Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
reklaw120

Movies based on Video Games

I knew that they were making a few video games into movies like farcry, max payne and warcraft. however while i was lurking over at another forum which is pretty much about movies/tv shows, i found a thread where one guy made a list of all the video game to movies that are coming out (that he could find). Just thought i'd share the list and see which one's you guys are looking forward to.

Splinter Cell (2010)

Brave New World: Ravaged Planet (2010)

Bioshock (2010)

King of Fighters (2010)

Joust (2010)

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars (2010)

Driver (2010)

Resident Evil 4 (2010)

Earthworm Jim (2010)

Mortal Kombat (2010)

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010)

Kane & Lynch (2009)

Metal Gear Solid (2009)

Warcraft (2009)

Alice (2009)

Halo (2009)

The Legend of Spyro (2009)

Clock Tower (2009)

Spy Hunter (2009)

Siren (2009)

The Suffering (2009)

Tekken (2009)

Castlevania (2009)

Sabotage 1943 (2009)

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (2009)

Fear Effect (2008)

Cold Fear (2008)

Max Payne (2008)

Far Cry (2008)

he also made a list of previous game to movies.

Hitman (2007)

Resident Evil: Extinction (2007)

Clannad (2007)

Postal (2007)

In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (2007)

DOA: Dead or Alive (2006)

Silent Hill (2006)

BloodRayne (2005)

Doom (2005)

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (2005)

Alone in the Dark (2005)

"Air" (2005)

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (2003)

"Sonic X" (2003)

House of the Dead (2003)

Bible Black Origins (2002) (V)

Resident Evil (2002)

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2001)

i myself am looking forward to

splinter cell

Metal gear solid

max payne

warcraft

halo

and far cry.

Most of those in the "soon to be released" category don't have a director attached, aren't in pre-production and likely won't get made by those dates if at all.

Better, more realistic list.

Halo is back in production again? I thought the project had been stalled since last year.

Most of those in the "soon to be released" category don't have a director attached, aren't in pre-production and likely won't get made by those dates if at all.

Better, more realistic list.

i didnt even think to check wiki for a list

i guess it all depends on what source you believe to be true. i guess only time will tell, here's hoping most get made....decently...heh

The Max Payne trailer looks good. I admit I am looking forward to seeing it. Hopefully they will make a decent movie - Hollywood has a bad habit of making poor movies from video games, although there are a number of execptions.

The "previously" list is missing at least 12 years of quality G2M action.

Anyone care to rate the movies? From my brief gaze, I'd take a shot at 95% being attrocious failures of movies.

Anyone care to rate the movies? From my brief gaze, I'd take a shot at 95% being attrocious failures of movies.

Make that 99.9%

The only movies that have a worthy factor are Resident Evil 1 to 4, Mortal Kombat 1 & 2 and Hitman. :)

Make that 99.9%

The only movies that have a worthy factor are Resident Evil 1 to 4, Mortal Kombat 1 & 2 and Hitman. :)

Holy hell you have bad taste.

Make that 99.9%

Well if someone expected me to take a pick, what would you expect. :P

Btw, this should have truly been Max Payne,

Posted Image

Make that 99.9%

if that's is bad taste, you don't want to see my dvd collection

Make that 99.9%

Quoted for the truth there. The only one I think I was even consider great would be Street Fighter 2: The Animated Movie. The RE movies are okay to straight fucking dodgey. Mortal Kombat was alright but Hitman was just duck and cover plot with straight silver effects.

Make that 99.9%

Quoted for the truth there. The only one I think I was even consider great would be Street Fighter 2: The Animated Movie.

Its a cartoon, its animated. It doesn't entirely cater towards the mature audience. You must really be a diehard fan then. :)

What I did mean by worthy was that they were acceptable. Not like I'd go crazy over them. :P

Make that 99.9%

Quoted for the truth there. The only one I think I was even consider great would be Street Fighter 2: The Animated Movie.

Its a cartoon, its animated. It doesn't entirely cater towards the mature audience. You must really be a diehard fan then. :)

What I did mean by worthy was that they were okay. Not like goo goo gaa gaa. :P

Oh, I see. Bad taste, and no clue. Makes sense.

Make that 99.9%

What I did mean by worthy was that they were okay. Not like goo goo gaa gaa. :P

Oh, I see. Bad taste, and no clue. Makes sense.

Does it matter to anyone whether we have good or bad tastes? No.

Does it matter when the film industry makes a mockery out of video games? Yes

Whether you like them or not is not my problem. ;)

Previous game to movies according to RottenTomatoes.

Hitman (2007)

15% - Hitman features the unfortunate combination of excessive violence, incoherent plot, and inane dialogue.

Resident Evil: Extinction (2007)

22% - Resident Evil: Extinction is more of the same; its few impressive action sequences unable to compensate for the pedestrian plot.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)

21% - Resident Evil: Apocalypse has lots of action, but not much in terms of plot or creativity.

Resident Evil (2002)

34% - Like other video game adapations, Resident Evil is loud, violent, formulaic, and cheesy.

Clannad (2007)

not found

Postal (2007)

08% - An attempt at political satire that lacks any wit or relevance, Postal is nonetheless one of Uwe Boll's more successful films -- for what it's worth.

In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (2007)

04% - Featuring mostly wooden performances, laughable dialogue, and shoddy production values, In the Name of the King fulfills all expectations of an Uwe Boll film.

DOA: Dead or Alive (2006)

35% - With a ridiculous plot and comical acting, checking one's brain at the door is required before watching DOA: Dead or Alive.

Silent Hill (2006)

30% - Silent Hill is visually impressive, but as with many video game adaptations, it’s plagued by inane dialogue, a muddled plot, and an overlong runtime.

BloodRayne (2005)

04% - BloodRayne is an absurd sword-and-sorcery vid-game adaptation from schlock-maestro Uwe Boll, featuring a distinguished (and slumming) cast

Doom (2005)

20% - Sure to please fans of the video game, but lacking in plot and originality to please other moviegoers.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (2005)

40% -(no consensus)

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2001)

44% - The movie raises the bar for computer animated movies, but the story is dull and emotionally removed.

Alone in the Dark (2005)

01% - Stylish, but inept on almost every level.

"Air" (2005)

not found

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (2003)

23% - Though the sequel is an improvement over the first movie, it's still lacking in thrills.

"Sonic X" (2003)

not found

House of the Dead (2003)

04% - A grungy, disjointed, mostly brainless mess of a film.

Bible Black Origins (2002) (V)

unrated

--

IOW, as a general rule, game movies suck. If you're like me, you knew that anyway, but now it's official.