Charcoal

My EGP game: Ten Seconds Of Awesome!

For those that don't know, the Experimental Gameplay Project (or EGP) is a small competition for game devs.

The idea is to make a game in 7 days or less, based around a theme.

As you can see here March's theme is Ten Seconds.

After I read that, I came up with an idea.

Then I scrapped that idea when another one came along.

Then that one died, and I came up with the idea for the game I made.

After a total of 3 days development, I present: Ten Seconds Of Awesome!

And I'd love to hear what you guys think of it!

Sorry man, nice try, but...

If you didn't post on Atomic I wouldn't have played all the way through. Too much talk, and not engaging enough...

Good work for trying, post back your next game... maybe spend a bit more time than 3 days =)

Your middle name is Charcoal?

Yep, it totally is.

And I never really expected anyone to like the game.

But there are people (who get through the crappy "conversation bits) that like the actual game element of it...

That's freaking me out.

Note: I'm playing this without audio.

Sorry dude, it's pretty bad. Conversation should be skippable. If it's essential to the game, it should be quick and concise. Your picture is kinda off-putting, probably because it looks like a 15 year olds Messenger avatar. Would have been better without your bedroom in the background, and perhaps a cartoon instead.

The game itself is odd. I got a score of -1, which sounds like an initialised variable more than a score. But apparently that was worth a "WOW". :P

rofl my score was like 88 or something.

I clicked 4-5 things every time I was hoping for some kind of leader board

it was ok, but I couldn't be bothered to watch through the talking, theres soo much.

actual gameplay was a good idea that needed jsut a little bit more.

After putting up with mindless ramble, the game is almost certain to look good. :P

Now, that's a good idea ;)

Hrmmm.

It's ok as a novelty.

Why didn't you digitise yourself either? The photot doesn't really fit with the scene and looks really out of place.

But yes I am in agreeance with the others, I realise the reasoning behind fleshing out a game like that but my god was it dull.

mmmmm.. Got -2 on first round clicking random things - wasn't really paying missed the actual instructions. Then I got congratulated.

Played the second round for a couple of seconds, then closed the page.

Off to play Metro..

Your picture is kinda off-putting, probably because it looks like a 15 year olds Messenger avatar. Would have been better without your bedroom in the background, and perhaps a cartoon instead.

+1 It didn't blend with the theme

As has already been noted the game concept was fine although doesn't present much of a challenge beyond glorified mouse practice. The conversation seemed out of place as beyond the initial instructions you were just slowing down the action with no option to get on with it. Text is so passé :-(

I think... a better way to do the intro to this game would be to just have the game open at the level. Or maybe with a single line of unhelpful text, such as "Get a high score".

Present the colour brick, nothing else (no text, just the image) and throw them in to the level. Make the score count obvious. Leave the instructions as an exercise to the player. Quick. Concise. Fun.

As has been said, the text intro needs to go.

How exactly does it fit with the theme? I only played the first couple of levels though (must admit I got pretty fed up with reading the in between comments

Note: I'm playing this without audio.

Sorry dude, it's pretty bad. Conversation should be skippable. If it's essential to the game, it should be quick and concise. Your picture is kinda off-putting, probably because it looks like a 15 year olds Messenger avatar. Would have been better without your bedroom in the background, and perhaps a cartoon instead.

The game itself is odd. I got a score of -1, which sounds like an initialised variable more than a score. But apparently that was worth a "WOW". :P

This.

Yeah, sorry man... I gave up after the 2nd round.

Seriously, way too much unskippable ramble -- and I can't exactly say I knew what was going on in the game anyway.

Concise instructions, and straight to the game... Make the conversation rest an optional extra.

-A-

Reminded me of some old school games where they did that sort of typing and those sorts of faces (although usually a cartoon or pixel character, not a person), which I'm guessing is what you were going for.

But even getting that, it got a bit boring. Sorry.