Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
beatshoes

uhh, wow... was the world always in this much high definition?

So, having gone back to uni recently (start of this year), I'm having to do alot more of this "reading" thing, reading books and such are fine, but reading microscopic lecturer scrawl and intensely large distances, not so easy.

Decided to go to the Optometrists, and find out if it was my eyes that were crap, instead of the writing itself.

Turns out it the writing is fine..

so, now I have joined the ranks of the sexy and sleek, bi-occulus toting meat creatures.

and..

wow...

I never knew that things had so much detail...

previous to this week, everything has always been pretty soft and fuzzy looking, although not knowing any different, It wasn't an issue.

but now, things are so awesome, its like i just upgraded to 1080p, only with my eyeballs

Uh-huh.

I notice it most with trees outside, the leaves suddenly become incredibly sharp. It looks especially impressive with a slight breeze.

Good it worked out for you, got pics? :)

Well i bet even 1080p just upgraded. Dude you should check out Starcraft, it'll look so much better! I kind of envy you, to be able to be impressed by everything suddenly. Must be exciting.

i need glasses, but cbf getting them at the moment.

I can pass an eye test for a commercial vehicle license, but not a heavy vehicle license, go figure.

i think i may have to go get my eyes checked out, some days i could look at a tree for 5 seconds and be able to see every leaf pretty clear, and then i look back at it just seconds later and cannot for the life of me focus as good as i did.

So, having gone back to uni recently (start of this year), I'm having to do alot more of this "reading" thing, reading books and such are fine, but reading microscopic lecturer scrawl and intensely large distances, not so easy.

Decided to go to the Optometrists, and find out if it was my eyes that were crap, instead of the writing itself.

Turns out it the writing is fine..

so, now I have joined the ranks of the sexy and sleek, bi-occulus toting meat creatures.

and..

wow...

I never knew that things had so much detail...

previous to this week, everything has always been pretty soft and fuzzy looking, although not knowing any different, It wasn't an issue.

but now, things are so awesome, its like i just upgraded to 1080p, only with my eyeballs

My Dad was like this when he had his cataracts removed. Things were so damn bright that he wore sunglasses everywhere for about a year.

When I was young I had perfect vision.

Now after years spending most of my days in front of a computer screen I need bi-focals - the graduated type. My eyesight has deteriorated further and I need new specs.

Welcome to the club!

Glasses would look good on you. You can be the uberserious-looking geek now, and you and PEA will match. :p

Yeah I was pretty stoked when I first got glasses.

It was incredible how much more detail the world had. And everyone thought I looked "intelligent" with them on.

Uh-huh.

I notice it most with trees outside, the leaves suddenly become incredibly sharp. It looks especially impressive with a slight breeze.

Good it worked out for you, got pics? :)

yeah the trees, the are awesome, oh and the clouds!! so awesome.

Show us your specs!

(Please tell me you were not at all influenced by Palin..)

sorry, have no pics atm, I shall get one soonish, and post, soon as i find camera >_>

and look, just because I'm taking moose hunting lessons and have started wearing garment to enhance my cleavage, doesn't me I'm a palin wannabe :P

Whats the FPS like?

roughly 60Hz

Glasses would look good on you. You can be the uberserious-looking geek now, and you and PEA will match. :p

Hehe, she still hasn't seen them yet, hope she likes ^___^

heh, it was also pretty cool walking home today, I was being checked out by plenty of young lasses. yay! im sexy! :p

Hehe, she still hasn't seen them yet, hope she likes ^___^

heh, it was also pretty cool walking home today, I was being checked out by plenty of young lasses. yay! im sexy! :p

You already knew that, though. :p Besides, PEA would still like you even if you wore a potato sack on your head.

Dude, I totally know what your talking about.

I've worn glasses properly for about a year now, maybe 2... And All I could do when I got them was be amazed at how HD the world really was.

Let alone then actually watching a HD movie - holy shit! it really IS HD.

*distracted* Turn off Depth of Field and see if that makes a difference. Does this only happen after a cutscene? If so, lower your lighting settings to Low and turn off Depth of Field, at least until a fix has been issued.

Wait... sorry. Glasses, eh? Cool :-) I reckon glasses would be fun; alas, I have perfect eyesight. We need confirmation pics, of course :-)

Dude, I totally know what your talking about.

Let alone then actually watching a HD movie - holy shit! it really IS HD.

:O!!

I have yet to experience this!

but yes, i have always wondered what the big deal was, it always looked the same to me :P

/goes off to find someone with a plasma and bluray

*distracted* Turn off Depth of Field and see if that makes a difference. Does this only happen after a cutscene? If so, lower your lighting settings to Low and turn off Depth of Field, at least until a fix has been issued.

Wait... sorry. Glasses, eh? Cool :-) I reckon glasses would be fun; alas, I have perfect eyesight. We need confirmation pics, of course :-)

hehe, cutscenes are usually ok. :P

yaas yaas! when i find teh camera!

So the clubhouse is getting fuller it seems

fraid so, perhaps we need a bigger treehouse?

Had a mini epiphany when I got my reading glasses , the headaches stopped my reading speed shot up and the net looked to have rezzed up much like the world did for you, so to some small extent I can understand what you are feeling .... enjoy HD living beatshoes {:))

You should totally get a monocle dude, that would be awesome, and a top hat.

He may need one for each eye... Now that'd be different Q_Q