Sign in to follow this  
ducky punky

Your advice Please

why such a shit gpu?

cheaper case better gpu.

p55a-ud3 is not 165. check msy. I bought mine there for 130 i think.

The P55A-UD3R version is $165 from MSY. The P55A-UD3 is $145.

raxo55 you must have the normal UD3 and not the A version as MSY has that for $129.

why such a shit gpu?

cheaper case better gpu.

p55a-ud3 is not 165. check msy. I bought mine there for 130 i think.

He said earlier that he intends to get a better GPU later on, and is just going with a cheap one for now. The problem with a cheap case is just that, it's cheap :P A better quality case is always a much better option, as they are built better, have better quality fans, and last longer. I just brought this to replace my old case, and I am glad I did. CoolerMaster Storm Scout Gaming Black Case With Red Led(NoPSU) Internet Price: $128.00 Even came with brackets to mount my SSD drive which was a nice touch. :) Edited by bowiee

I don't really understand the whole spend 50 bcks now on a shit one just to get by, and then later buy a good one. that's 50 bcks yo could've spent on your gpu. that could almost mean the difference between a high end 5770 and a 5850.

I understand the need for a good case, but that case is overkill.

for a first time builder you don't need a $150+ case. he would be fine with a K60 or K58. maybe even a K56.

I don't really understand the whole spend 50 bcks now on a shit one just to get by, and then later buy a good one. that's 50 bcks yo could've spent on your gpu. that could almost mean the difference between a high end 5770 and a 5850.

I understand the need for a good case, but that case is overkill.

for a first time builder you don't need a $150+ case. he would be fine with a K60 or K58. maybe even a K56.

Still don't see how spending $30 less on his case is going to make any difference to him, as even if he had that $30 bucks and the $50 he is spending on the temp GPU, he is still a long way from even a 5770. :) But hey I am sure he know how much money he has and if he has enough for the 5770 now then he will get it, if not then he will save for it yes ? In the mean time at least with the temp card he can use his system. We are just giving advice after all in the end it's his choice and money. Edited by bowiee

You could do a lot worse than a NZXT Hades...

Small, solid and nice big fans...

Or maybe a Coolermaster RC 690-K...

Only problem with "small" is that with today's large GPU's you need a decent size gaming case to hold them comfortably. :)

You could do a lot worse than a NZXT Hades...

Small, solid and nice big fans...

Or maybe a Coolermaster RC 690-K...

Only problem with "small" is that with today's large GPU's you need a decent size gaming case to hold them comfortably. :)

I do believe the case I have can house the top of the line video cards.

Here you go, read the specs...

http://www.nzxt.com/products/hades/