Invicta

iPad version of Magazine?

BEHOLD! My awesome photoshop skills (heh), with a lo-res mockup of what it'd look like.

Posted Image

Really I'm just doing this to tempt you! :P

Though it does look pretty sexy...

I think it's much too early to tell.

If the iPad becomes the technology de jour for reading magazines, then Atomic would likely be crazy not to jump on the bandwagon. But, of course, that'd be at such a time where Haymarket might actually have a division/group dedicated to iPad publishing.

Rob.

i would be more inclined to subscribe again to the magazine if it was on the iPad.

I used to but i literally don't have any room to store the magazines, and i have less and less time to read magazines. Yet if it were to be on an iPad, whenever i had time, i could read it :)

i would be more inclined to subscribe again to the magazine if it was on the iPad.

I used to but i literally don't have any room to store the magazines, and i have less and less time to read magazines. Yet if it were to be on an iPad, whenever i had time, i could read it :)

But...can't you do that with a magazine too?

:/

As for storage...keep them for a year then recycle them. Takes the hassle out of finding space.

Edited by hectorbustnuts

And again, an iPad exclusive would probably piss a large percentage of people off.

Much in the same way as an Adobe Air version would piss the other large percentage off.

Much in the same way as an Adobe Air version would piss the other large percentage off.

It's cross platform, and it works. Not to mention that many magazines have already switched to it, so it's a proven technology.

And again, an iPad exclusive would probably piss a large percentage of people off.

Posted Image

Fat_bodybuilder, consider this a warning - leave off the stupid image posts, and the name-calling.

You don't think being warned and told to stop acting like a jerk is definitive?

STOP ACTING LIKE A JERK OR BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN.

Better?

You didn't give a warning. You said I should consider it to be a warning. I considered it but after much analysis it was determined that a warning would be more direct.

And threats aren't very much better, no.

Well, considering our system of moderating and warning is based around the possibility of suspension for those who do not take warnings seriously, I humbly suggest that your judgement of the 'threat' hardly matters.

Now, let's get back on topic: PM me if you still need things clarified.

Sigh. Same shit I've come to expect over the years, I'd love to tell you what I think but I'd prefer to not get banned from these forums, lets just say this place will be much better without trash like you around.

Well Fat_Bodybuilder is now on 2 weeks vacation, he didn't seem to get it the first time so I saved the "threats" and just cut straight to the chase.

I'd love to tell you what I think but I'd prefer to not get banned from these forums

Maybe you should grow a pair.

Maybe you should grow the fuck up.

Anyways, back on topic.

I've never personally been a fan of e-books or e-mags, whether they be online or in a gadget/portable reader format. There's just something more tangable about being able to flip the pages by hand.

Shifting the printed issue to an electronic version is not something I would go for. However, I do read things like KitLog, which is a small subset enhancement to the magazine, and published periodically.

I would, however, go for the option of BACKISSUES via electronic means. 1-50 was brilliant, and aa written before, 51-100 would be great as well. I would even pay for that.