Sign in to follow this  
index680i

How do I share internet.

I would like to know how I can share the internet with my mates. I use a wireless USB dongle but we obviously use LAN cables to connect to each other, just need to know how in the world I can share the internet with them from a dongle via LAN connection.

it is confusing for me so your not the only one :P

Help would be fantastic. If you need more info, hit me up please.. I am a n00b when it comes to connecting :P

I would like to know how I can share the internet with my mates. I use a wireless USB dongle but we obviously use LAN cables to connect to each other, just need to know how in the world I can share the internet with them from a dongle via LAN connection.

it is confusing for me so your not the only one :P

Help would be fantastic. If you need more info, hit me up please.. I am a n00b when it comes to connecting :P

See this page for help.

/Edit Updated for Windows 7

Edited by SledgY

Just to give you a bit more information instead of directing me back to google.

I use Windows 7, not Windows XP. For some reason when I hit the "Share Internet" button, still seems like no one can get internet.

So its either Windows 7 or.. haha.

hope you have a decent data plan, mates will leech like hell.

I've just moved house and have had to sign up for wireless interweb.

Last weekend I tried to enable ICS between two Windows 7 machines (desktop and HTPC), with one machine (desktop) connected to a USB internet stick/modem, and an ad-hoc network.

On the desktop machine, I

• set the network adapter for the internet stick (Local Area Connection 2) to share with my ad-hoc network adapter (Local Area Connection 1), which was then given the network address 192.168.137.1.
On the HTPC, I

• set the HTPC to obtain its IP address automatically, and
  • updated the HTPC’s internet settings for ICS.
The HTPC and desktop PCs can both share files over the network, but only the desktop can access the internet.

Am I missing something?

Some background: The HTPC is connected via Ethernet to a wireless modem/router (NAT disabled, static IP address) and the desktop is connect via Ethernet to a wireless access point (static IP address)