Notion Ink's Adam will be out within the next month. That baby is HOT! What I really like though is Pixel's Qi screen. I can't wait until more devices start using this baby. It has the best of both LCD and e-ink technologies. Colour when you need it, and battery life for stuff like ebooks and even word processing. Price is bloody cheap too.

Plus another e-paper competitor can only be a good thing. Bringing down the prices of e-readers too =). I can't afford any kind of tablet or e-reader at the moment, and my old one is cactus =(. But I can look, and drool =). The Adam has my vote.

I've been keeping an eye on Adam for months now. It was supposed to be July/August and then that was pushed back. Then they started changing specs for it. They've recently done a survey on colours.

I started to lose a lot of interest after all the delays.

The first models released I think are just regular LCDs. I thought the Pixel Qi models are coming later.

Anyway I see all the news they are releasing as nothing more than stall tactics to keep people interested while their product is delayed.

On another forum I joked that it should be released with a copy of Duke Nukem Forever. I am wondering if The Duke will be released before Adam :P

I'll get excited when I actually have one in my hands. Until then I consider it vapourware

I think they are finished with specs. Hence why they are just looking at colours now.

They did chance the position of the camera recently though, so I think you're right in that they aren't ready for mass production.

That one looks interesting, but I'm not interested in a windows or linux-based tablet.

Pixel Qi is getting quite a reputation. If only someone would actually get a device out that uses it.

Slightly off topic, but I remember reading an article on installing a Pixel Qi screen in a netbook.

Hot! I have a touch screen tablet of that size that needs to be taken apart (isn't charging) - if I had the cash and the know how I might try that - but would it work with a touch-screen? Actually it's not a touch screen as such - but has a pen. Hmmmm, so it probably would work. Now that'd be hot!

The problem I see with android tablets is that I read that google themselves have said that its not android isn't suitable for tablets... Chrome OS on the other hand might be. I don't even know enough about Chrome OS and when its due out (if not already). So when Chrome shows up, what will the deal be with current tablets, will there be fragmentation as there is with the android platform as it is now or what?

Android does seem quite buggy still and the fact remains just like apple OS, to get the most out of android you still need to root/hack/break into it more so the apple iPad. I think the rooting is due to the fact that manufacturers are taking the sweet arse time in updating their OS on the phones. I can totally picture businesses seeing this as a novelty than a secure system or must-have device.

Seemingly, there is a lot of apps on the android store and this in part will help android tablets sell but hopefully there's enough quality to consider a tablet worthy of an investment instead of wasting it on just another 'toy' tech. I understood the market for tablet pcs back in the day but these are still just over size mobile phone devices for now, at least the PlayBook by RIM is marketed as a business tool and companion device for you blackberry smartphone which alternatively, can be enjoyed by consumers who want a small multimedia device.

My netbook is 8.9" which I think is the perfect personal computer size on the go, anything bigger is just adding weight and unnecessary size, considering I once lugged around a 15" laptop around with me in America where I had no need for anything more powerful.

Saying all that, I like tablets computers and have always wanted one (but that was due to having windows and being powerful portable devices) and can't wait to see these branch out into more useful devices other than just playing that casual angry birds game.

I think some manufacturers are waiting for gingerbread as it may have updates specific to tablets.also many manufacturers are wondering about chrome so are unsure.maybe Chrome was supposed to be ideal for tablet devices but now with the adoption rate of android, they should just roll chrome functionality that works well into android or something like that maybe

I've been hanging out for notion myself actually

Telstra is getting in on the bandwagon with the Telstra T-Touch Tab

500 grams, outweighs my Hiptop.

Hot damn, that's some ugly looking tech.

Galaxy Tab for me. I just hope aussie pricing is reasonable. With US parity, they have no excuse now...

for those that are interested, there may be some news around the notion inks adam over at notionink.com

looks like they are about to announce pre-ordering, although some people are getting tired of waiting as the blog entry suggests it will be real soon