Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Kastoli

An FPS to top all other FPSs.

I'm looking for an FPS that isn't 'super complex' and hard to understand, does not posess any leveling systems for online play AT ALL; and has very good replay value.

I've been looking for an FPS like this for a while as i'm trying to find somthing that I can hone my skills at, because, after all, loosing isn't alot of fun.

Portal? Half-Life series. Painkiller. Doom3. FEAR 1. Shit...tons of them, son.

Oh, if you mean MP only. CS? DOD? Don't play much online.

Edited by Rofloorsander

Portal? Half-Life series. Painkiller. Doom3. FEAR 1. Shit...tons of them, son.

Oh, if you mean MP only. CS? DOD? Don't play much online.

Yeah, I'm playing CS atm.

Team Fortress 2.

TF2 gets boring after a while, especially when people don't work togeather -_-

Team Fortress 2

I play it all the damn time, it's heaps of fun.

It might not be up to the competitive standards of some people, but I just play for fun, nothing more.

L4D is probably the only one that is easy to pick up without leveling that is fun time and time again and I got it for $25 for my xbox from EB.

Edited by nesquick

TF2 does have leveling. and if you dont have all the upgrades you'll just get pwned.

TF2

Best game eva!

and if you dont have all the upgrades you'll just get pwned.

No offence Mr Doom avatar but that's garbage! I usually play with the default stuff and I rock :P

TF2

Best game eva!

No offence Mr Doom avatar but that's garbage! I usually play with the default stuff and I rock :P

Last time I played everyone was pyro with +1billion pyro upgrades. It was way unbalanced

Last time I played everyone was pyro with +1billion pyro upgrades. It was way unbalanced

So the last time you played was in June 2008 when the Pyro Update landed?

Gee, I bet NOTHING has changed since then at all.

So the last time you played was in June 2008 when the Pyro Update landed?

Gee, I bet NOTHING has changed since then at all.

lol correct

TF2

Best game eva!

bollocks

I play all standard pyro equipment

I do however dabble in other classes unlockables

Imo, fwiw, the default pyro gear is bloody great, particularly the normal flame thrower. The reason is because of airblast. Airblast is a very powerful tool.

Perhaps, at the risk of using a tired cliche, you should L2play?

That, or you can get frustrated trying to beat the Pinky Demons of Doom you so obviously have a complex over. I know, it's a hard game. There, there, it's okay :P :)

Well, as above, maybe they've balanced it out since I last played but the upgrades used to give you a huge advantage.

(that was 2 years ago)

Well, as above, maybe they've balanced it out since I last played but the upgrades used to give you a huge advantage.

(that was 2 years ago)

Balanced is debatable. Demo and Solly spam is now what wins games. TF2 is a changable beast and u should try again if you ain't totally h8ing it.

Online games I loved and lost include

CSS

Day of Defeat Source

UT2k4

UT3

COD4

COD Waw

TF2 keeps me playing week in week out. the others have long since lost their Flavor. Your mileage many vary.

I take that as a challenge to get another atomic TF2 night going :)

Once you have a better idea of who you're playing with, the game gets a lot more fun. Also, communication is the key. I tend to jump around the pub servers looking for decent teams that have other people with mics.

TF2 - As Gunny said it has changed constantly over time and it is the best online game I have ever played.

People may have thrashed it to begin with but I am quite literally the only person I know who exclusively uses the Backburner when pyro, purely because its great for fucking from behind and strafing sentrys.

And if you want to jump on a server where there is such thing as teamwork, PM me or add me to steam and come play on our LANfest server, Gunny and I are admins and don't tolerate bullshit because we both like to play fair and balanced games.

You should get an excellent ping for trans-tasman too.

LANfest Server

114.134.0.152:27015 Badwater/Goldrush/Dustbowl

TF2 - As Gunny said it has changed constantly over time and it is the best online game I have ever played.

People may have thrashed it to begin with but I am quite literally the only person I know who exclusively uses the Backburner when pyro, purely because its great for fucking from behind and strafing sentrys.

Yeah, I've switched back to the standard flamethrower, originally to try and get the Hotshot Achievement (which is now the only Pyro achievement I have left to obtain)

So at the moment, I am using all original Pyro equipment, I love the flare gun, but I get more kills with the shotgun. I never could switch quick enough to use the Axtinguisher, so I use the Fire Axe, because it sometimes crits.

I take that as a challenge to get another atomic TF2 night going :)

Once you have a better idea of who you're playing with, the game gets a lot more fun. Also, communication is the key. I tend to jump around the pub servers looking for decent teams that have other people with mics.

Communication... yeah... i've really seen that... : /

The only thing that ever happens whn I play TF2 is people run around killing each other, not bothering about objectives, not wanting to win, not talking nor typing... the occasional person did mic spam music so I disabled voice.