Sign in to follow this  
krispy89

Xbox 360 Original Games Functionality

Something's bugging be lately, since the latest update which allows External Drives including flash drives to be specific.

Microsoft has always maintained that to play original Xbox games on the 360, you need to buy one of their proprietary drives to get this functionality.

Why can't this work for devices from this update?

I'm really eager to get back into the games I've kept for a while, and I know that there'll be no multiplayer because the Original Xbox Live Functionality was just switched off.

I just want to play the games by themselves.

Anybody interested as to why this isn't happening?

Should it happen, why, why not?

To stop you from giving a friend a copy of the game.

I thought it's just game saves and profiles and such. But then again I haven't looked into it because I have all official Microsoft products

To stop you from giving a friend a copy of the game.

I thought it's just game saves and profiles and such. But then again I haven't looked into it because I have all official Microsoft products

No offence morris it's not like I'm going to pirate an Xbox game, besides, I don't know where to start. I just want to play it on my 360 without an official Xbox 360 Drive.

You'd think that Microsoft would've given this a little more thought on this issue.

Heck, they can make really anal restrictions like having to install the game on the drive all I care. Or making the extrenal drive work specifically with that particular unit.

I just want to relive the glory days, that's all.

No more, no less.

Tell Microsoft, not me.

They are the ones that set it up this way. Specifically to annoy you.

You may not be going to pirate the game, but others out there definitely are. A few of them admit it to me while I'm at work.