Nixxon

Name that game!

Ok, serious kodos to whoever can guess this one.

This has been haunting me for years.

We played this on either an apple or 286/386 in grade 3 (1993).

I'm almost certain it was in EGA or equivalent. It may have been an 'educational game'

We're going back some years so my recollections are vague.

Remembered scenes.

1. A pick up truck, you drive whilst blocks fall from the sky. Aim is to catch them in the tray. tree's in the background.

2. Some sort of clock scene, with entangled stair wells (I dare say mice are involved). For whatever reason I remember this being latter on in the game.

3. Breeding dragons (of various colours), eggs hatching.

4. there's a distinct 'woods' location (early on).

I've love to know the name of this oldie. I'll try and remember more in the mean time. Any takers?

Cheers :D

What's frustrating is that I have actually played the game you speak of, but I can't remember what its called either!

What's frustrating is that I have actually played the game you speak of, but I can't remember what its called either!

You'd be the umpteenth person to speak those words.

If you can remember any additional scenes please throw them in. :P

I'm actually now thinking this game was in CGA. Probably released in the late 80's.

I'm fairly sure I played it.

I'm also fairly sure that it was a C=64 game, as when I was in primary school we only had them and one Macintosh.

I'm fairly sure I played it.

I'm also fairly sure that it was a C=64 game, as when I was in primary school we only had them and one Macintosh.

Could very well have been, you tend not to dwell on semantics at the age of 7.

Gratifying to see people have played this also, at a pinch i'd considered the possibility that I'd been drugged at the time.

Well I imagine there is a list of C-64 games in a wiki somewhere so I would suggest seeing if any names pop out at you, and if not and it means that much to you, type each one into google images and see what you get

OP: No idea, sorry

Another one:

One of the first games ever written. Written in BASIC, completely text based, involving trading.

One of the first games ever written. Written in BASIC, completely text based, involving trading.

Far out, man! Could you possibly get more generic and nebulous?

Stab-in-the-dark: Dome Dweller.

Well I imagine there is a list of C-64 games in a wiki somewhere so I would suggest seeing if any names pop out at you, and if not and it means that much to you, type each one into google images and see what you get

this page has 93 educational C-64 games with screenshots. None of them looked like what is described in the OP though.

this page has 93 educational C-64 games with screenshots. None of them looked like what is described in the OP though.

Don't know about the OP, but I'm fairly sure this is the one I was thinking of, thanks.

No luck with the C64 archives and what not.

To be honest I'm not 100% convinced it was C64. I Do believe the 'antagonist' is defeated in some sort of (cut bridge rope) fashion. I'm almost certain of that.

Ok, I'm officially upping the stakes.

I will EFT $20 to the person who can provide me with the name of this game.

And with that... another clue. At some point in the game I can vaguely remember 'hollowed out log'.. its purpose I haven't a clue.

And with that... another clue. At some point in the game I can vaguely remember 'hollowed out log'.. its purpose I haven't a clue.

I like what I see...

but first...

are you sure this wasn't a dream...

Beacuse I've had an embarassing run-in when trying to purchase one of my dreams. (Hey, It was a good dream...)

I like what I see...

but first...

Beacuse I've had an embarassing run-in when trying to purchase one of my dreams. (Hey, It was a good dream...)

I haven't ruled it out.. but alas I do doubt it.

I've actually contemplated remaking it (as much as possible from memory) with AGS and awaiting the "sue" just to find out the fucking name of it :P

I like what I see...

but first...

I haven't ruled it out.. but alas I do doubt it.

I've actually contemplated remaking it (as much as possible from memory) with AGS and awaiting the "sue" just to find out the fucking name of it :P

Not the way I'd go about it, but...

Sure, whatever floats your boat...

I do remember a certain game(s) that rings a bell with the above statements...

There was 'King's quest' and 'Victor Vector and Yondo'...

one popular favourite at my primary school was 'Freddie the Fish' Though I never saw everyone's obsession with it.

I still reckon that my dream should be made a game... I don't think it would classify as 'Educational' though...