Sign in to follow this  
mek_boy

Looking for a case to hold 2x 360mm Radiators

I've been looking for days for a case that can hold 2x(3x120mm) radiators, and have them well placed too.

Danger Den have a double wide case that would be sweet, but getting that case would end up costing >$700 after postage... so..no.

I'm thinking i'll just have to mod something up, any ideas?

Going to do a Dual Loop D5 Pumps, for my current Quad SLi setup, aiming for 45,000 3DMark Vantage afterwards.

Nah, the top is 240mm, plus if i modded a 360mm up the top id loose 3 drive bays, i dont like top mounted radiators.

Why do you need 2 3x120mm rads? Cant you use like 1 3x120 and 1 2x120 or 1x120?

I'm guessing your making 2 loops, 1 for gpus and 1 for cpu/chipset or something?

well instead of a split loop you could use a chunky 4x120 rad and two mcp355 in series with a dual pump top to get some very nice pressure

that should work well with a cpu and 2gpu blocks which are the only parts that need cooling with water

how quiet do you want it to be? two 3x120 rads are only needed if you want to run silent fans and the d5 pumps at low speed but you will still have hdd noise

could use the tj07 a swiftech 320 rad and then a stackable 320 rad on that? might need some sort of support under the second rad though.

lian li thats giant armour suit case, should be able to fit a couple rads in the front.

edit: OR the corsair 800D, again using the two swiftech rads. dont think you loose drivebays with that case with a rad up top.

Edited by tunksy

You're going to need alot of real estate for a stackable rad setup im afraid. Close to 25cm clearence from the bottom of the case to the bottom of the motherboard.

Best bet would be a 3x120mm rad down the bottom and a 3x 120mm rad up the top (lose some drive bays) or a 2x120mm rad up the top.

You're going to need alot of real estate for a stackable rad setup im afraid. Close to 25cm clearence from the bottom of the case to the bottom of the motherboard.

Best bet would be a 3x120mm rad down the bottom and a 3x120mm rad up the top (lose some drive bays) or a 2x120mm rad up the top.

damn. OP ignore my comments then :P

My current setup is:

i7-920 with a Apogee GTZ block

Gigabyte X58-Extreme M/B Water blocks

2 x nVidia GTX295 single PCB water blocks

XSPC RX360 Radiator 360mm radiator

D5 Pump

I got a 5 port Reservoir that can handle two loops, or i could buy two new reservoirs.

The flow rate is abysmal, but the temps aren't bad at stock settings. Approx 38*C Idle 65*C Load for both the cpu and the gpus.

I'm looking to add a second Radiator and a second D5 pump. Im thinking the temps would probably get down to 28*C idle and 50*C load once they are on separate loops. Which should give me some more O/Cing headroom.

I was thinking an Antec Skeleton and mount the radiators on the side :p, but its just not roomy to hold two pumps and 2 reservoirs. Still looking for a solution.

I found this website after some trawling around http://www.mountainmods.com/

im all excited now after seeing this, it ticks all my boxes but ill have to pay through the nose for it.

Posted Image

i could get a case for around $280-320 US. But the postage is around $170-$200. The case comes disassembled and i can choose custom layouts and panels and colours.

:) :) :)

Its on the top of my list. It looks so sweet too. Just have to convince myself to spend $500 for a case.....

Edited by mek_boy

sorry, im going to have to go with the lian li a77.

you have a choice of mounting it "stacked" at the top of the case, the bottom of the case, front of the case or use a combination of each. obviously, if you mount them in the front, you will have limited space to mount hard drives.

I found this website after some trawling around http://www.mountainmods.com/

im all excited now after seeing this, it ticks all my boxes but ill have to pay through the nose for it.

Posted Image

i could get a case for around $280-320 US. But the postage is around $170-$200. The case comes disassembled and i can choose custom layouts and panels and colours.

:) :) :)

Its on the top of my list. It looks so sweet too. Just have to convince myself to spend $500 for a case.....

EXPENSIVE BUT NICE. they have great cases just fuck the price and no one sells them in AUS sad as.

Its almost worth building a case from scratch.

Hmm plexi sheets, aluminum sheets, steel struts, laser cut panels, tear the m/b tray and 5 1/4" drive bays out of an old case....

Now researching.....

Its almost worth building a case from scratch.

Hmm plexi sheets, aluminum sheets, steel struts, laser cut panels, tear the m/b tray and 5 1/4" drive bays out of an old case....

Now researching.....

mountian mods also make custom cases?