Sign in to follow this  
the_vege

Atomic SC2B Players

With the Beta gaining more and more popularity, and due to the Betakey Preorder promotion that just happened, I thought I would put up this thread. There are not chat lobbies on Battle.net as of yet, so its hard to network with other players.

I will try to update this thread; can people post a reply with their Atomic account name, SC2 identifier, faction and league. I don't think server should be an issue, as most will be on the US by default.

If I have you on the list with the wrong faction it means I don't know it - so post it here!

I will update as I can. Feel free to add players on this list :D

Fellow Atomicans Unite!

Atomic Members

AtomicID - SC2 Identifier - League

Posted ImageProtoss (1)

Gammou - Spoonmeister.gammou - Silver league

Posted ImageTerran (1)

the_vege - awol.aus - Silver

Posted Image Zerg (0)

Posted ImageRandom (2)

Mauzl - Primax.baratheon - Copper

ayefkay - GunsGoBang.vtwin

sirsquidness - squid.awesome

Crypto.ntlm (EU Server)

Edited by the_vege

I just got my beta key in the mail now after pre ordering the game. It was a complete surprise as nothing was mentioned on the website about a free SC2 beta key. So i'm super happy. Problem is i'm at work so ill post my online name when i get it downloaded and installed!

Can't wait!

Edit: I'll be on the Euro servers. Ah well ! I guess we can't play together then - Bummer!

Edited by smakme7757

Same here, when I preordered i was told nothing about this promotion, and found a nice email form EB with my beta key. Must say i'm pretty stoked as I was quite happy with just getting the CE let alone beta access w000t!

I'm downloading on a capped connection, can anyone confirm if the beta has LAN option, or is it all online only?

honestly though, what house does not have a constant internet connection, apart from old people, and people who use a usb dongle for their internet, in which case i highly doubt you play games anyway

also

ayefkay - GunsGoBang.vtwin - random - i dont know what this is

Edited by ayefkay

Add me to the list:

Mauzl - Primax - Random - Noob league

What's your bnet identifier? It should be "primax.something" Also, I assumed noob league was copper.

ayefkay - GunsGoBang.vtwin - random - i dont know what this is

After doing your 5 placement matches, you should be placed in a division/league. Either Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper depending on how you went.

Gammou - Spoonmeister.gammou Silver league

Still deciding between protoss and terran

Edited by Gammou

honestly though, what house does not have a constant internet connection, apart from old people, and people who use a usb dongle for their internet, in which case i highly doubt you play games anyway

The problem isn't so much that you need to be online, it's that all games run through the Battle.Net servers - they are your host. Not someone on the LAN. So if there's only a small internet connection, or disruptions to your internet service (eg, you're on a bad TPG exchagne and you get mega lag at various times throughout the day) you can't play.

Having played quite a few times over the past month, it's unplayable on my optus 3G connection. Even if I'm just playing a custom match against the AI, the server is still the Battle.Net servers. (thankfully I have real internet most of the time)

Play your favourite FPS on a US servers. The lag sucks, right? Yeah, that's how it is.

Current rumour is we'll be put in with the Asians, so the server should be closer at release time (Singapore, maybe?). Would still love to play against my friends in the US I've been playing with, though.

squid.awesome is me.

Edited by sirsquidness

Crypto.ntlm

Thats me!

But i live in Norway so i guess im on the Euro servers! Try to add me as a friend and let me know if it works!