Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Reb1rth.

GTR2

Yo.

Just 'obtained' a copy of GTR2 to play with the good ol' G25...

Wondering if there's anybody around here that has it that'd like to get some races going...

I only know one person with the game, and NukeJockey is also getting it!

Playing via the VPN program called "Tunngle"; http://www.tunngle.net/en/ - As Hamachi doesn't work with GTR2, among others on Windows Vista/7, apparently (I couldn't get it going either).

Racing with Ventrilo is amusing. :)

So, anyone down?

We're all beginners, but we do okay, I suppose... it's all for fun!

I occassionally play some GTR Evolution with the G25, the F1 2009 Mod on the Shanghai and Melbourne circuits. Bloody brilliant.

Although, I'm not that into online racing tournaments as I do play "occassionally" play GTR Evolution.

So sorry about that :(

I'm not into tournaments either, I just wanna have some fun races with real people that haven't put 1000 hours in and are uber drivers from space.

Just something fun. :)

SHIFT was a sharp step up from GRID, but still not quite there.

You got GTR2, Mademan? :)

I'd go ya, but my new system only has onboard graphics, so the games that I can play are limited. Post again in a week or so when I get a new card.

Always loved a good race on GTR2, and I was always looking for people to race, with the in game lobby system. But since I got the game so late, no one was ever playing it.

Ghost

Cool, I used to have it a couple years ago but didn't have a wheel so I played with mouse steering.

Now I have a G25 I grabbed it again, so I'm lookin' for people to have fun, casual races with 'cause the AI sucks. :P

I played a lot of that MMMV8 mod, used to play with MR_INGALL and a couple of his friends, it was all really good racing. Hidden Valley track was really well done and was my favourite. Massively long straight, then down to second gear for the corner at the end, it was always tricky to get the timings right.

I'm tempted to give up and just get rFactor... since everyone that DID play GTR2 has moved on to that. :/

Yeah, I nearly did buy someone's G25 wheel, and their copy of GTR2, in trademart a few years back, but the deal fizzled. GTR no longer runs, and GTR Evolution seemed a bit long in the tooth, even without Shift on the market.

tbh, all the racing people have gone to consoles. Just look at what Shift players get on consoles - Ferrari DLC for 360, 'Exotic' pack for PS3, not to mention those other games...

I gave GTR Evolution a shot, but it seemed kinda tacky and shit compared to GTR2.

I guess it was just a mod for Race07, but still...

Simbin need to get their act together and stop releasing Race07 mods, like that STCC one, and get working on a proper GTR3.

Using a NEW, modern game engine... tweak their AI, have a more fleshed out Championship series, SOLID multiplayer (fix the net code first, I hear it can get really bad online), etc.

Surely they can't milk Race07 forever, can they?!

Either way, it'd still be cool to get some people back to GTR2 for some casual races. :)

I still play GTR2, haven't played online in a while as my satellite connection is laggy.

I mostly play it for the C-Era mod those Porche 956 cars are absolutely bullet proof and insanely powerful to boot ;)

GTR Evo is ok they fixed the handling making it more realistic, I however always run into problems with it crashing to desktop. I'd be keen to have a race with you Reb1rth.

Edited by Quazar

I've been tempted to grab a legit copy of GTR Evo (maybe on Steam?), but... I felt the Championship mode was lacking, and I don't really know many people into racing sims that own a wheel to justify buying it for multiplayer only.

I ended up paying for rFactor, too... but... even the online in that looked lacking. Hardly anybody playing, and the whole mod system is annoying.

I tried to get into an Aussie server then found they were running a Bathurst Legends mod... I downloaded the mod, then went to join, and it told me I didn't have the track, so I gave up.

Came back later and it was using a different mod altogether.

Bit of a pain, really.

Waste of time and money.

I ended up paying for rFactor, too... but... even the online in that looked lacking. Hardly anybody playing, and the whole mod system is annoying.

I have considered getting rfactor for some of the LeMans mods etc, the lack of people playing isn't of a great concern to me personally because with my net connection I prefer to play single player games anyway, nothing more annoying than having somebody constantly drop out on you. Satellite is great compared to dial-up however it has the same latency and in bad weather the connection will drop out. I want my fibre to the node damn you KRudd.

I picked up a second hand Logitech Momo wheel to play the original GTR with, its been great, I'm looking forward to codemasters interpretation of F1 later this year, in the mean time though if you what to have a casual race over tunngle I'm game, just let me know what track and cars and I'll make sure I have them. Brno and Indianapolis are my favourites.

As for Evo its good the of the car is also less likely to try and overtake you on corner exit now and its easier to get back under control when it starts to go. The V8 Supercars mod on Evo is fantastic one of the best mods for Evo.

Mademan Simbin are working on a new GTR title due for release next year. Hopefully it will be their best GTR game yet.

Awesome, well if you have Xfire, add me: xraz0rx

Or Steam: SupervillainOutcast

I'm not home 'til Sunday night, though. :)

I'm tempted to get GTR Evo anyway, 'cause the Audi R8 is fucken awesome to drive. :P

Taking corners sideways in second gear and flinging it straight as I shift up to third is pretty fun. :P

Edited by Reb1rth.

I ended up buying Race07/GTR Evolution on Steam... :)

If anybody has it, add me on Steam... we should have some fun races and stuff y0.