quantumreflux

EVE online Tyrannis

Cant wait till this game comes out. Best Graphics in the world too. Have atomic done any major articles on this game? Have not brought a mag in a long-time :P

Hopefully there will be some performance improvements to fix the stuff they broke with the last expansion so that battles like that shown in the trailer are playable.

No where near best graphics in a game and probably not even best graphics in an MMO..

I think Eve is the most innovative MMO however and Dust 514 which will be using this expansion as a foundation for it's concept is testimony to that.

Graphics are pretty good for a 7 year old MMO though. Kinda sad that it's even considered a contender for MMO with best graphics considering its age.

Yea but you have to consider that there is almost no environment in eve, most MMO's have to burn into the poly count and load textures for trees, fences, houses, hills and rivers which literally litter the environment.

Eve has the freedom to have higher poly counts on ships and stations and just have feint dots in the distance as stars with the rare closer planetary objects, also distances are go great in eve you do most of the gameplay through menus and your target list if things weren't highlighted by a interface square they would be impossible to target sometimes so level of detail is low at range.

When you think about it eve SHOULD be one of the best graphically.

Edited by Bundy

Um... are they adding planet development sorta like a Civ game? Thats what it looked like in some of the video.

I tried Eve a while back, but it had a very steep curve and I kept getting assraped by people who were hanging around gates waiting to devour my soul.

If they offer some sort of deal for a free trial for people who've suspended their accounts, I might check it out, else I can't really justify the monthly cost atm.

Yea Tyrannis is only the beginning of what they want to do with Eve, you guys realise they are adding a console FPS that will be synced with the Eve persistent world right? The idea is you can hire the FPS players to capture shit planet side for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dust_514

If CCP pull it off without limiting it's scope it is probably the most ambitious gaming project ever embarked upon. Probably still years off but.

Edited by Bundy

I'm going to redownload the game and see if I can give it a second chance.

Any starting tips? I'm not big on pvp. I'd like to be a trader or something.

Anyone ever play Privateer? It was one of my favorite games growing up. I think it came out early to mid 90s for the PC. I still have it on 3.25 inch floppy in the original box in storage. Fly around, trade, get in the occasional fight, explore. All good fun. Loved it.

I'm going to redownload the game and see if I can give it a second chance.

Any starting tips? I'm not big on pvp. I'd like to be a trader or something.

Anyone ever play Privateer? It was one of my favorite games growing up. I think it came out early to mid 90s for the PC. I still have it on 3.25 inch floppy in the original box in storage. Fly around, trade, get in the occasional fight, explore. All good fun. Loved it.

I just finished giving Eve a second chance but it's not for me the game is great the scope is massive but it moves too slow to me I don't want to invest the time needed and I find non pvp aspects too repetitive.

Um... are they adding planet development sorta like a Civ game? Thats what it looked like in some of the video.

I tried Eve a while back, but it had a very steep curve and I kept getting assraped by people who were hanging around gates waiting to devour my soul.

you generally need to group up and/or hang around in secure space for a while AFAIK.

I'm so gonna have to get into this game again

you generally need to group up and/or hang around in secure space for a while AFAIK.

I played it a bit today. I get the feeling that given my natural tendancies towards not grouping unless on a raid or whatever like in other MMO's, it's going to be a poor fit.

I tend to avoid joining social events in games.

You can make it solo in eve. Ive been doing it for years. I'm not as rich as the people who group up in big alliances, but I get to do my own thing, and that works for me.

Atomic EVE club?

With atomic EVE forums?

For pawnage against noobs. Atomic-style.

Edited by quantumreflux

I played it a bit today. I get the feeling that given my natural tendancies towards not grouping unless on a raid or whatever like in other MMO's, it's going to be a poor fit.

I tend to avoid joining social events in games.

There's no need to group in pve. pretty much all pve content is possible solo. if you join a corp (guild) you can pve solo but it gives you the chance to give involved in group activities too. PvP is harder solo, but some seem to make it work.

Atomic EVE club?

With atomic EVE forums?

Doesn't work.

Atomic being what atomic is means there's people like me who want to pvp all the time, people like Kommando who see pirates as being morally corrupt (lol), people like Sir_Substance who are industrialists and try to do the best they can on their own, and people like Orcone who if they could paint a giant penis on the side of their spaceship, they would.

and people like Orcone who if they could paint a giant penis on the side of their spaceship, they would.

lol.

and people like Orcone who if they could paint a giant penis on the side of their spaceship, they would.

lol.

It's funny coz it's true.

Just bought my first stripminner, had it a week and a PvP Merlin swoops in and eats it in sec 1.0 space. Not a bloody COSMOS ship in sight.

Fortunately that week had enabled me to sell enough minerals to replace the kit lost and have a bit spare. /sigh

Edited by Elfarch

man unlucky I spent like 2months total missioning and stuff and not once did I even witness pvp between 1.0 and 0.5.

Just bought my first stripminner, had it a week and a PvP Merlin swoops in and eats it in sec 1.0 space. Not a bloody COSMOS ship in sight.

Concord, not COSMOS.

any chance he can flipped you?

Atomic EVE club?

With atomic EVE forums?

Doesn't work.

Atomic being what atomic is means there's people like me who want to pvp all the time, people like Kommando who see pirates as being morally corrupt (lol), people like Sir_Substance who are industrialists and try to do the best they can on their own, and people like Orcone who if they could paint a giant penis on the side of their spaceship, they would.

POTM