lance volcanix

Nostalgia'd

Was back around the N64 yesterday playing Banjo-kazzoie and I remembered some of the games I used to play in ages past.

This is just going to be a list of the games that make you 'Nostalgic'.

I'll start.

Starcraft

Halo

Runescape (everyone played it at one point, I'm still ashamed of myself)

the original WoW (endless 14 day trails ahoy... $2 a pop...)

Wasteland. CGA monitor. Blood sausages and red mists 4ever. In my head in most RPGs when I level I still hear the level up theme in all it's internal speaker glory. Da da da da da da daaaa.

Arena, Ultima Underworld, Commander Keen, Doom, Civ 1, Solar Winds to name a few older ones.

A little newer but still oldish- Carmageddon, Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, Diablo

Thank goodness for DOSBox and Virtual machines :-)

Threat,

Big Red Racing,

Micro Machines,

Quake,

Half Life,

Mordor,

Street Rod!!!!!

Hmmmm... Too many to mention

List of games I used to love when I got my first PC is quite large...Ya see, we got a new HDD in it and the guy put about 300 games on the fucking thing.

Ultima 8

Wolf3D

Doom 1 and 2

Street Rod 1 and 2

Some RPG with "sun" in its name. (if anyone could help me figure this one out, I would appreciate it)

Some game inside a TV station (once again, cant remember what its called, I just know you used to run around inside a TV station going up to different floors and doing stuff)

Duke 3D

Blood

Redneck Rampage

All the quest games (pretty much all the leisure suit larry games too)

More that i cant think of right now...

Runescape (everyone played it at one point)

Incorrect.

But my list would go something like;

Deus Ex (PC)

Shining Force II (Mega Drive)

Tenchu: Stealth Assassins (PSX)

Syndicate (Mega Drive)

Carmageddon (PC)

Quake (PC)

California Games (Master System)

Alex Kidd in Miracle World (Master System)

Road Rash 3 (Mega Drive)

Skitchin' (Mega Drive)

International Karate + (Commodore 64)

Mothership (Commodore 64)

Okay I'll stop there or I'll be typing away all night. :)

Edited by Reb1rth.

Did anybody actually pass this????? Couldn't get passed the castle stage towards the end.

Oh, and if we are going alone old console games there's always:

Double Dragon (fun on the PC too),

Altered Beast (sweeeeet!!!!)

Oh, and can't forget:

Lemmings,

Mortal Kombat

Also, does anybody know the name of that martial art game (somewhere around the 386-era) where you had one guy in a white karate outfit and another in a red (i think) outfit... and they kicked and punched each other - very primitive Mortal Kombat style???

Edited by Hubbo

Micro Machines,

Quake,

Half Life,

Mordor,

ROCK ON!!!

Just to add to that;

Half life: Decay

Myst

Silent hunter (1)

on the Console...

Banjo-Kazooie

Crash Bandicoot

Spyro the dragon

Wipeout

F-Zero

LoZ

to name afew

syndicate wars

heroes of might and magic

star wars: tie fighter

doom

wolfenstein

rise of the triad

street rod 1,2 and 3

day of the tenticle

Ocarina of time

Doom

A space fighter I cannot remember but you were in the cockpit and there was a spaceship shaped like a scorpion and other things, I remember it was damn cool.

Heroes 3

Baldurs gate (all of them dammit)

Panzer dragoon: Saga - The only one in this list I currently don't own anymore (except the space fighter I can't remember). If anyone has this and is willing to part I will have your babies, seriously. (or money :P)

Half Life

Mischief Maker

Spyro

There's plenty more though.

Did anybody actually pass this????? Couldn't get passed the castle stage towards the end.

Countless times as a kid.

I was like, 8 when I finished it. :P

Also, does anybody know the name of that martial art game (somewhere around the 386-era) where you had one guy in a white karate outfit and another in a red (i think) outfit... and they kicked and punched each other - very primitive Mortal Kombat style???

Sounds like International Karate +, but I dunno...

Posted Image

To many to mention and alot have been mentioned previously.

A couple that no one has mentioned so far that were faves

Robocop vs Terminator (megadrive)

MarioKart (SNES)

Syndicate (PC)

Bad Mojo (PC)

Batman: Caped Crusader (C64)

Maniac Mansion (C64)

Zak McKracken (C64)

Skitchin' (megadrive)

Lanstalker (megadrive) (still one of my fave and other then zelda, only JRPGs that I have completed)

Some game inside a TV station

Is that Smash TV

Nope, thats not it spiritek.

From memory it was a platformer and the TV station was dark, so I think it took place at night. You may have had to find tapes or something like that to progress too.

Ooh, I forgot about Robocop Vs Terminator. That shit was awesome.

Anyone remember Boogerman? :P

-Goldeneye

-perfect dark

-super mario 64

-banjo kazooie

-metal gear solid

-metal gear solid 2 sons of liberty

-gran turismo 3

-gran turismo 4

-GTA3

-GTA vice city

-GTA Sanandreas

-splinter cell

-splinter cell pandora tomorrow

-splinter cell chaos theory

-medal of honor

-medal of honor allied assualt

-Call of duty

-Call of duty 2

-half life

-Half life deathmatch (best played at school with a 30 computer classroom of people fragging each other)

-CS 1.6

-Halo

-Halo 2

-red alert

-red alert 2

-c&c

-c&c tiberian sun

-silent hunter

-mech warrior

-wolfenstein

just off the top of my head, I know there's heaps I missed on playstation and playstation 2

Edited by nesquick

TBH some of those games you listed aren't that old nes.

BUT A BIG HIGH FIVE TO EVERYONE WHO PLAYED STREET ROD!!!!!!

Funny. Even TheFrunj didn't know what street rod was when I asked him about it. I even emailed him a copy.

:)

Haven't been gaming for very long there, have ya Nes? :P

@Sceptre: Street Rod was awesome! I liked the second one the best... I remember something about a third one, but I played a beta or something and it was pretty meh.

first game i got hooked on was Dune 2 by westwood studios! that hooked me into the RTS genre!

then:

warcraft

C&C

Doom 2

Quake (got me into the multiplayer scene)

Counter Strike (many many MANY lost hours!!)

Some RPG with "sun" in its name. (if anyone could help me figure this one out, I would appreciate it)

Was it Dark Sun, old AD&D based game? Was it Dark Sun, an old AD&D based game? I played that to death. I was obsessed with all the Quest games by Sierra from age 7. Almost bought the Space Quest and Kings Quest collection from the US Steam a few times... even though i already have them all :P.

no but they are classics to me, I didn't get a N64 till I was like 11 cause my dad was a tightass.

Posted Image

Hmmm... Looks a little too 'modern'... maybe it was the first International karate.... I remember there being a 'Dojo' scene, I don't really remember the outdoors areas. I think it might even pre-date theses, not sure???? (any other suggestions guys/girls??)

@Sceptre: Street Rod was awesome! I liked the second one the best... I remember something about a third one, but I played a beta or something and it was pretty meh.

Fuck yeah! I loved them, getting the muzza up to 117mph max haha. Also, there was a SR3 indie development going on a while back, http://www.streetrod3.com/ Dunno if its still going though.

Was it Dark Sun, old AD&D based game? Was it Dark Sun, an old AD&D based game? I played that to death. I was obsessed with all the Quest games by Sierra from age 7. Almost bought the Space Quest and Kings Quest collection from the US Steam a few times... even though i already have them all :P.

Yeap, thats the one! Tempted to give it another go haha.

Oh and anyone remember a gory side scrolling shooter where you killed orcs and could hide in the shadows from them? I thought it was Called Black/Blake Thorn, but I cant find anything on it and the name of the developers have slipped my mind for now.

Hmmm... Looks a little too 'modern'... maybe it was the first International karate.... I remember there being a 'Dojo' scene, I don't really remember the outdoors areas. I think it might even pre-date theses, not sure???? (any other suggestions guys/girls??)

Was it Bushido (1983)? http://www.myabandonware.com/game/bushido-20 I remember this game being very difficult.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Love that game... basically my old school gaming was all about using a joystick - none of this gamepad shenanigans. Having to use the keyboard to game for the majority of it just felt weird. games like Premier manager and Leisure suit larry was still all about moving the mouse for me :P

as for the karate game, i played a kung fu master game on the commodore 64 and the original international karate. favourite game on the commodore 64 was definitely street rod

Posted Image

I enjoyed games like super cars, chaos engine, speedball 2, geoff crammonds grand prix, super frog, dragon ninja (HELL YEAH), stunt car racer, syndicate, Moonstone.

Basically, i enjoyed pretty much everything that came onto the amiga!!! tell you what though, i did meet someone with a amiga hard drive and it had about 20 megs of storage - I was amazed and intrigued - the disk swapping days were numbered :P

then i moved onto the pc and enjoyed these for their nostalgia - command and conquer 1, red alert 1, total annihilation, dark reign 1, duke 3d, carmaggedon, theme hospital and the original GTA.. those were the days :P

Sums up my pc gaming.

Edited by 12345