Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
delge

Mice

Hi

I currently have a logitech mx revolution and am thinking of either getting a Logitech G9x or a Logitech M950 and was wondering if I could have some help. I am currently leaning towards the Logitech M950 because its wireless however cant the response times. and was wondering if anyone knows the response times of these two mice and the mx revolution I have.

Cheers Delge

Haven't used a wireless mouse since the MX1000... I've had a G9 for a couple years now and the only reason I'd buy another mouse is if Logitech stopped making the G9.

Can't help you with your response time question, though.

I've been currently using a Logitech G5 (The Blue version) Feels superb compared to my bland mouse.

Should be able to pick one up for cheap nowdays.

i just ditched my mx revolution and got a razer lachesis

the revolution isn't actually a gaming mouse and only weigh's in at 800dpi ,rather a kickass desktop mouse

im found my new razer was awsome being able to switch dpi anywhere between 500 and 4000dpi

awsome for gaming 1ms response

in all honesty if your going to game

get a gaming mouse

Microsoft Sidewinder X5 or X8 Wireless. Highly recommended.

Just get one that works, I have never had a problem with cheap mice and being a half decent FPS player.

Personally, I can't handle the weight of a wireless job. My current one is a Logitech G500 - which seems to be the current equivalent of the G5, with a few tweaks.

I've had a good run with Razer mice (have owned Diamondback, Krait and Deathadder). If possible, try out any mouse you are considering before you buy- what some people like other people hate.

Any idea where i can get a G5 nowadays?

cheers.

eBay is your best bet.

Love my G9; otherwse id have a sidewinder.

I do game, but even for the times of which im not its just a heavenly piece of kit.

Any idea where i can get a G5 nowadays?

cheers.

eBay is your best bet.

Thanks, dude.

Found G5, blue one, in one of the local shop..

$76...is this good price?

cheers.

Personally, I can't handle the weight of a wireless job. My current one is a Logitech G500 - which seems to be the current equivalent of the G5, with a few tweaks.

What do you find is good about the G500?

What do you find is good about the G500?

It tracks excellently - no mysterious cursor excursions. It fits my hand nicely for the most part. It looks good. I can pick the damn thing up (used an ancient Intellimouse until recently, and that was a serious issue). The switchable mousewheel mode is nice, and gets used surprisingly often. Same for the three resolutions. Button clicks are sufficiently stiff that they don't go off by accident, but still easy to trigger when you want them to. Wheel tilt action is likewise accident resistant.

Bad points: Niggles, really. The thumb rest extrusion is too pronounced, and forces my thumb up so that certain motions (drawing the mouse back toward you, especially) then depresses the 'back' and/or macro button. (The G5 had a similar issue, but the buttons were in a different spot, so avoided the inadvertant presses.) For my liking, the right side could be a little more undercut as well, to give the pinky more purchase when lifting the mouse, without having to grip so hard.

it would be great if there was a bit of a rest on the g500 for my pinky. Overall, I love this mouse. Going from the G5 to the G500 was an easy transition for me, as they are clearly designed to be related to one another (just the newer one has for more DPI, amongst other things). I like the multi use of the wheel with free scroll as well as the tilt action utilities. It has onboard memory (quite standard these days, I know. But the G5 didn't have it). The only reason I stopped using the G5 is that the wheel just... broke.. as far as I could tell.

As for the G5 being at $76, I would pay the extra 30 bucks for a G500 if you I were considering on buying a high end mouse. But, that's just me xD

Edited by rag1n

I got my G5 for $110 back in the day. And the wheel is fucked on it too. It is too sensitive now, that it responds even if I haven't turned it an incriment.

Might look at the G500 in the future.

Which is best for gaming

Whichever feels most comfortable to you. Spending more money on a mouse won't make you a better player :)

Did your diamond back garner a dry high-pitched squeak every time u clicked?

Side buttons are useless too :S

Unless you have Microsoft Sidewinder X8

No, it was fine. Still is - it's just doing service on another machine, now.

I actually liked the side buttons on the G5 better than those on this G500.

Unless you have Microsoft Sidewinder X8

Can't say I've tried it. What makes it good?

The last MS mouse I had was the Intellimouse 1 - and that really did have woeful buttons.

i have the Razer Lachesis. you can switch up to 4000dpi, you can program all 9 buttons on it with the configurator thingo it has and you can turn the lights off if you run your pc overnight or if you use your gaming rig for htpc uses. i like the rubberized finish and how its symmetrical because i sometimes use my left hand :)

Haven't used a wireless mouse since the MX1000... I've had a G9 for a couple years now and the only reason I'd buy another mouse is if Logitech stopped making the G9.

Can't help you with your response time question, though.

Been looking at getting the Cyborg R.A.T 7 which could possible better my currently amazing G9.